Obama announces debt deal--GOP/Tea Party members WIN big!

despite the medias best efforts to spin it, he has his own internal polling, he wants to be re-elected and hes never had a real conviction hes willing to go to the wall for in his whole life, hes a 'mediator' not a leader.

You say that like it's a bad thing....

When he tries to lead, he's a tyrant. When he compromises, he's a pussy. See how that works?

Not only that, but when you look at the last Repub 'leader' in the WH, I mean, c'mon.....seriously......:cool:

Anything the Tea Birthers do will cause the economy to crash. They have as much economic experience as, well, as 90% of the Republican Party.

If the GOP/Tea Party are the ones who "won" then it's the American people who "lost".

Wow. They get 23 beers out of the case and decide to scream until they get the 24th - or the case disappears.

Unreal.

Fuckerbitches.

That's okay to say here, right?

unlike your other political home, yes. It is pretty laid back, moderation-wise, here. Unless you seriously piss off a mod (which so far seems difficult to do here), you should be OK. Welcome, btw.

they kicked them out becuase the didnt do anything nor fought back during the elections. Winning is easy when the otherside just rolls over

PapaObama care and the procedural gimmicks to pass it because the Americans people are against it, was enough for the people

do you even understand how the people are against it? the % of people who want it fully gone is about 25%

Not to mention the individual aspects of the bill all poll very well. Those against are mostly only so due to lies they've been told... Lies I tell ya.

No tax increases is the only ‘win’ for the right I can see, as the BBA has no chance in the Senate.

Social Security and Medicaid are untouched, as is the ACA. Cuts to Medicare aren’t an issue as they’d be taken from savings per the ACA. And significant cuts to defense are refreshingly in order if a finalized plan isn’t realized at the end of the year. And there’s no idiotic ‘super Congress.’

It’s garbage, of course, and won’t have much of an impact on the deficit without tax increases, but it could have been a lot worse.

The deal MIGHT still include a "vote" on the BBA to be sent to the States. But, I understand that there's no requirement that it "pass" both Houses as a condition of the deal.

There isn’t. (Or there shouldn’t be.) It must pass both Houses per Article V of the US Constitution. And I see no evidence the states will be convening a Constitutional convention on the issue. There’ll be no ‘BBA,’ thank goodness.

Most of the states in this country have required balanced budget amendments--maybe you don't live in one of those--but I do--:cuckoo: You'll find that those balanced budget states are doing much better than those states that don't have a requirement to balance their budget.

Last edited:
This agreement is a loss for America. It doesn't seriously cut spending anywhere near to the level it needs to in order to protect our credit rating. We're still headed for bankruptcy at nearly the same pace.

Most of the states in this country have required balanced budget amendments--maybe you don't live in one of those--but I do--:cuckoo: You'll find that those balanced budget states are doing much better than those states that don't have a requirement to balance their budget.

:lol: What? Every state but Vermont has a Balanced Budget Amendment. So clearly the Balanced Budget Amendment doesn't make a difference when it comes to the states since a lot of them would be in deep trouble if not bankrupt without the Federal Government.

Knowing that the GOP and tea party only controls 1 house out of the 3 legislative branches--it's really sureal. Balanced budget vote in the amendment.

America got screwed. Some politicians may have "won", but we sure as hell haven't. And that vote on a BBA is DOA.

It's sad because the GOP got everything they wanted in this deal and it's still unsure whether it will pass the House.

America got screwed. Some politicians may have "won", but we sure as hell haven't. And that vote on a BBA is DOA.

It was wrong to try and tie the BBA to raising the debt ceiling. Even Paul Ryan said it was unrealistic. As did John McCain.

If the GOP wants a BBA so badly, they should campaign it in 2012 to the American people to vote them in if they want a BBA.

From the President's speech: Job creation and education?

Republicans will never let those happen. They want to slash education to give more tax breaks to the wealthy and "government can't make jobs".

Just take them at their word.

Forum List

Back