Obama and the Military

Peejay thinks if we don't want and take all we can get, we're "fucking idiots". I'd be ashamed to show up at a VA clinic or hospital and make it even more challenging for those guys who clearly deserve the help. I can afford my own insurance now which counting Medicare-Supplement-Part D is well over $300 per month, about 30% of my SS check. But after Obama & Crew are finished with the dollar, I may sing another tune. None of this Democrat planning is designed to make everything all better, but to make it fair by spreading the pain, and that's what we're heading for sooner than later.

As an aside, if we do care, we have to make sure that all of them in DC get the message, and as of right now the only way to do that (besides sending letters) is to protest in the streets so that the MSM can no longer deliberately misinterpret our intent, and distort it in their reporting. Our window of opportunity is closing (April 15th) and won't open again until the mid-term elections a year later. As we've already seen they can do a lot of damage in a year.

As a retiree, I have Tricare. You know, that "free medical for life" I have to pay for. I DO use it whenever possible; however, only active duty military get to see psychiatrists. Best I rate on base is the psychologist. I have to go through the VA for the psychiatrist.

The VA IS overburdened, and that throwing extra money at the VA is a snow-job. It won't come close to covering veteran healthcare if it's opened to ALL vets. Just more misspent money, IMO.

I had a decent conversation with peejay once without any name-calling. Apparently, insults and misdirection are his preferred method judging by the last two. Don't know what's up with that.

The name calling was the wrong thing to do. My apologies for that.

I don't care much for President Obama or many of his new policies. However, this situation with the VA seems to show that some people just will not be pleased. You say that the VA is overburdened and I agree. However, you go on to say that more funding isn't the answer. What do you suggest ? Maybe a well placed program to recruit more volunteers ? The man was trying his best to help vets and the best we can come up with is that he loathes the military or has the wrong mind set ? What mind set would you prefer ? Maybe he should cut the VA funding ? Instead of raising it ?

This is ridiculous. Partisan crap.
No... he's not pee, and no amount of your diatribe is going to change that. He can spend money faster than any President in the history of America on BULL SHIT, but when it comes to veterans, something IMPORTANT, he has to cook up some scheme. THAT is the point. THAT is what you refuse to admit. I can only guess you're playing ignorant because you're a liberal that dislikes the military as much as obama does, and you've never served. So it's just as easy for you to say "fuck veterans" as it is for obama.

You may find some cost effectiveness in this change, but in reality it would hurt reservists and make being in the military less attractive. There would be a cost to them and it would not be a minor one.

And I don't disagree with you on this. This is what made it an unattractive proposition. However, if anyone should be complaining, it would be the insurance providers, not the VETS. That is who this was aimed at. The entire premise of not only this particular issue, but Obama's entire VA budget proposal is to provide MORE for vets.

Which is why most all of the objections here are the usual partisan clap trap.

It was not in the insurance companies contract, but in the same way and about the same reason an insurance company wants to know if you harbor a Pit Bull, before they insure your home for hazards. They will take into account military status. In the future the insurance contracts will have to be different to take this in account, and any financial benefit to the treasury will be mitigated very soon with the service member taking it on the chin.

Last edited:
As a retiree, I have Tricare. You know, that "free medical for life" I have to pay for. I DO use it whenever possible; however, only active duty military get to see psychiatrists. Best I rate on base is the psychologist. I have to go through the VA for the psychiatrist.

The VA IS overburdened, and that throwing extra money at the VA is a snow-job. It won't come close to covering veteran healthcare if it's opened to ALL vets. Just more misspent money, IMO.

I had a decent conversation with peejay once without any name-calling. Apparently, insults and misdirection are his preferred method judging by the last two. Don't know what's up with that.

I don't care much for President Obama or many of his new policies. However, this situation with the VA seems to show that some people just will not be pleased. You say that the VA is overburdened and I agree. However, you go on to say that more funding isn't the answer. What do you suggest ? Maybe a well placed program to recruit more volunteers ? The man was trying his best to help vets and the best we can come up with is that he loathes the military or has the wrong mind set ? What mind set would you prefer ? Maybe he should cut the VA funding ? Instead of raising it ?

No... he's not pee, and no amount of your diatribe is going to change that. He can spend money faster than any President in the history of America on BULL SHIT, but when it comes to veterans, something IMPORTANT, he has to cook up some scheme. THAT is the point. THAT is what you refuse to admit. I can only guess you're playing ignorant because you're a liberal that dislikes the military as much as obama does, and you've never served. So it's just as easy for you to say "fuck veterans" as it is for obama.

Man, do you read ? The VA budget is larger than ever. Obama provided more than what any of the Vets groups asked for.

You are a partisan. Plain and simple. You don't have to like the guy, hell, I don't. But there are plenty of real issues to get worked up about. You're just ignorant. The facts are facts. Obama has budgeted the largest ever increase for the VA. The plan that's stuck in your craw is off the table.

I don't expect much more from a confessed, armed robber.

You may find some cost effectiveness in this change, but in reality it would hurt reservists and make being in the military less attractive. There would be a cost to them and it would not be a minor one.

And I don't disagree with you on this. This is what made it an unattractive proposition. However, if anyone should be complaining, it would be the insurance providers, not the VETS. That is who this was aimed at. The entire premise of not only this particular issue, but Obama's entire VA budget proposal is to provide MORE for vets.

It was not in the insurance companies contract, but in the same way and about the same reason an insurance company wants to know if you harbor a Pit Bull, before they insure your home for hazards. They will take into account military status. In the future the insurance contracts will have to be different to take this in account, and any financial benefit to the treasury will be mitigated very soon with the service member taking it on the chin.

Absolutely not. Youy people are acting as if this plan hasn't been scrapped. Which is the whole point. The only thing that has been done is the largest increase in the VA budget ever. The insurance idea is dead in the water.

Which means.....this is all a bunch of partisan crap. Like I said, the guy could start shitting easter eggs and you all would piss and moan because you wanted marshmellow peeps.

Absolutely not. Youy people are acting as if this plan hasn't been scrapped. Which is the whole point. The only thing that has been done is the largest increase in the VA budget ever. The insurance idea is dead in the water.

Which means.....this is all a bunch of partisan crap. Like I said, the guy could start shitting easter eggs and you all would piss and moan because you wanted marshmellow peeps.

No more than you. Even ideas which have been rejected need to be discussed; the better to be on the look-out for more of the same in the future. "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty"

You may not claim fealty to Obama, but you suffer from the usual liberal syndome; no recognition of incentives in human conduct.

Peejay thinks if we don't want and take all we can get, we're "fucking idiots". I'd be ashamed to show up at a VA clinic or hospital and make it even more challenging for those guys who clearly deserve the help. I can afford my own insurance now which counting Medicare-Supplement-Part D is well over $300 per month, about 30% of my SS check. But after Obama & Crew are finished with the dollar, I may sing another tune. None of this Democrat planning is designed to make everything all better, but to make it fair by spreading the pain, and that's what we're heading for sooner than later.

And here is the gold medal observation. Nowhere has anyone suggested that ANY vets would be denied care if they needed it. The whole idea was that IF YOU CAN AFFORD INSURANCE, WE SHOULD BILL IT. That's the whole ball of wax. The vets that are complaining about this already have insurance. The entire objection was that their premiums would go up if the VA were to bill their insurance. So, you hit it on the head, what is an insured man doing seeking VA treatment ? HE HAS INSURANCE. No one has suggested that anyone would have to go get insurance.

And I certainly don't think that you're an idiot if you don't take all you can get. But I do see the same thing as you, if you have insurance, that you paid for, either get help somewhere else or allow the VA to bill the same as anywhere else.

The logic presented by the opposition of this is telling. It was said that "insurance companies did not put these men in harms way" so they shouldn't have to pay. Well, did the insurance company cause your car crash ? Does the insurance company ever put anyone into harms way ? Do they cause your house to burn down ? The whole argument is non sense and taking it as some kind od insult or poor mindset towards the military is just partisan BS. There was no suggestion to affect vets care at all. The idea was to have insurance companies pay for care of the people they insure. What a strange idea.

We have to go through the VA for anything that requires compensation, and as I said, it's free. Why would you expect that we would willingly want to pay for something that's supposed to be free for us?

It's just another way to get into our pockets.

In my case though, the jokes on YOU. The VA can bill Tricare if wants. Which pocket they take your taxdollars from to pay for my medical doesn't matter to me.:lol:

Our logic is fine. Your boy wanted to put the squeeze on us by forcing private insurance companies to pay for something that is the government's responsibility. Those private insurance companies didn't send us to war. The US government DID. It doesn't get anymore logical than THAT.

roger that

All right then. Now that we have covered the insurance suggestion and the fact that it was dismissed, how do you folks feel about this new budget for the VA ? Billions in funds have been added to the budget to care for vets and improve care at the VA. More veterans in need are being brought into the VA care system.

So, is this good ? Maybe we should be kicking people out, taking funds away ?

WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT ?

All right then. Now that we have covered the insurance suggestion and the fact that it was dismissed, how do you folks feel about this new budget for the VA ? Billions in funds have been added to the budget to care for vets and improve care at the VA. More veterans in need are being brought into the VA care system.

It would save lives to provide psychiatric care for veterans, and the sooner the better, but probably only combat connected cases. The present system for certifying qualifications for benefits should be tightened. Un-earned income is going unreported by applicants. The VA should liason with the IRS and check 1099's for capital gains and dividends earned by applicants. To simply try, as they did a few years back, to enroll everyone without taking much care, would cause more damage than it would do good.

Man, do you read ? The VA budget is larger than ever. Obama provided more than what any of the Vets groups asked for.

You are a partisan. Plain and simple. You don't have to like the guy, hell, I don't. But there are plenty of real issues to get worked up about. You're just ignorant. The facts are facts. Obama has budgeted the largest ever increase for the VA. The plan that's stuck in your craw is off the table.

I don't expect much more from a confessed, armed robber.
Spin, spin, spin. Aren't you dizzy yet?

The point is one I've made over and over, but you don't want to acknowledge it. You want to play your game. Fine, I don't expect much more from a confessed homo pedophile.

It would save lives to provide psychiatric care for veterans, and the sooner the better, but probably only combat connected cases. The present system for certifying qualifications for benefits should be tightened. Un-earned income is going unreported by applicants. The VA should liason with the IRS and check 1099's for capital gains and dividends earned by applicants. To simply try, as they did a few years back, to enroll everyone without taking much care, would cause more damage than it would do good.

So then, it looks like the Vets are largely to blame for taking advantage or cheating the system ? People who can afford care without the VA's help are hiding income and such ? So looking at this through the lens of "so and so is screwing vets" is a broad approach since the problem appears to be not the VA but the vets taking advantage of the VA.

And Pale Face, I am not homosexual or a pedo. You, however, confessed to holdong a knife to a mans throat and robbing him. Pardon me if I reagrd you as the piece of trash you admit to being.

As an aside, if we do care, we have to make sure that all of them in DC get the message, and as of right now the only way to do that (besides sending letters) is to protest in the streets so that the MSM can no longer deliberately misinterpret our intent, and distort it in their reporting. Our window of opportunity is closing (April 15th) and won't open again until the mid-term elections a year later. As we've already seen they can do a lot of damage in a year.

This isn't a matter of not being able to be please. My criticism of Obama so far has been minimal, at the most.

When more funding is offset by a plan that WAY outstrips that funding, how is that a plus? It's a net loss. It in effect is taking money away.

Increasing VA funding and NOT opening it to every vet there ever was, service-related injury or no would be a net gain for the VA.

You're projecting. I have not stated he loathes the military, nor commented on his mindset to this point. I will however comment on the latter.

The fact that he even thought of making vets pay for their own service-related medical care IS wrong. His plan in effect WOULD screw us because it WOULD increase our insurance premiums, by forcing private insurance companies to foot the government's bill.

You don't see anything wrong with that? USAA didn't send me to Kuwait, nor did it put one boot on the ground in Iraq, Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan, et al. The US Government DID. We were in the service of the US Government at the time.

It's the US Government's bill to pay. Like all politicians on the National stage, when they start looking for dimes, they go after the military first. THAT is the mindset that is wrong. THAT is the mindset that says "business as usual" not "change we can believe in."

So yeah, I WILL point a finger at Obama for THAT, but don't blow that out of proportion. I'll point a finger at ANY politician, R or D, trying to find more money to misspend by cutting military/veteran benefits.

The logic presented by the opposition of this is telling. It was said that "insurance companies did not put these men in harms way" so they shouldn't have to pay. Well, did the insurance company cause your car crash ? Does the insurance company ever put anyone into harms way ? Do they cause your house to burn down ? The whole argument is non sense and taking it as some kind od insult or poor mindset towards the military is just partisan BS. There was no suggestion to affect vets care at all. The idea was to have insurance companies pay for care of the people they insure. What a strange idea.

However, these servicemen would not carry insurance when they were active duty military, because that would be an unnecessary expense, and these guys were on active duty when wounded. The ones who would have been affected by this regulation, who did have HC insurance, would have been reservists, or NG called to active duty who did not want to let their insurance lapse, keeping it in force. Their Insurance carrier would not have known they were going into the field of battle when that policy was issued. In the future premiums for those guys would be a lot higher.

Since the cost would be passed on to the vets via insurance premiums, yes they are the ones that should be bitching.

I'm not sure what you aren't understanding. It's as if you are seeing only the "Obama provides more" part but not the fact that opening it up to ALL vets far outweighs the "provides more." It's a loss, not a gain.

This isn't a matter of not being able to be please. My criticism of Obama so far has been minimal, at the most.

When more funding is offset by a plan that WAY outstrips that funding, how is that a plus? It's a net loss. It in effect is taking money away.

Increasing VA funding and NOT opening it to every vet there ever was, service-related injury or no would be a net gain for the VA.

You're projecting. I have not stated he loathes the military, nor commented on his mindset to this point. I will however comment on the latter.

The fact that he even thought of making vets pay for their own service-related medical care IS wrong. His plan in effect WOULD screw us because it WOULD increase our insurance premiums, by forcing private insurance companies to foot the government's bill.

You don't see anything wrong with that? USAA didn't send me to Kuwait, nor did it put one boot on the ground in Iraq, Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan, et al. The US Government DID. We were in the service of the US Government at the time.

It's the US Government's bill to pay. Like all politicians on the National stage, when they start looking for dimes, they go after the military first. THAT is the mindset that is wrong. THAT is the mindset that says "business as usual" not "change we can believe in."

So yeah, I WILL point a finger at Obama for THAT, but don't blow that out of proportion. I'll point a finger at ANY politician, R or D, trying to find more money to misspend by cutting military/veteran benefits.

You're applying blanket ideaology to the scenario. You claim that someone went after the military with this. That's baloney. No one went after the military, just looked at the possibility of going after the insured's insurance company. You're projecting. As soon as it was pointed out that this would produce a problen for vets, it was dropped. No one tried to cram anything or went blindly ahead with a bad idea. If there was any truth to what you all are claiming, and Obama just wants to inflict suffering on vets or the military, he sure as hell could have just plowed on ahead with a bad policy. But he didn't. He was looking out for you.

As pointed out by a previous poster, there is a problem with vets who can afford care using the VA anyhow to get free or cheap treatment. It isn't any kind of stretch to think this could be detered by installing a policy to bill the insurance of those that can afford insurance. It would surely weed out a whole lot of people that are just abusing the VA.

In any case, all this whining about a suggestion that was quickly dismissed, at the request of the vets, illustrates a pervasive partisan attitude.

However, these servicemen would not carry insurance when they were active duty military, because that would be an unnecessary expense, and these guys were on active duty when wounded. The ones who would have been affected by this regulation, who did have HC insurance, would have been reservists, or NG called to active duty who did not want to let their insurance lapse, keeping it in force. Their Insurance carrier would not have known they were going into the field of battle when that policy was issued. In the future premiums for those guys would be a lot higher.

Since the cost would be passed on to the vets via insurance premiums, yes they are the ones that should be bitching.

I'm not sure what you aren't understanding. It's as if you are seeing only the "Obama provides more" part but not the fact that opening it up to ALL vets far outweighs the "provides more." It's a loss, not a gain.

I see. You're problem isn't really with Obama, it's with vets. Vets that want care but you don't think they deserve it, after serving their country and all.

This is what the vets organizations want. Maybe you should join an anti - vets health care organization and lobby the government in a fashion similar, but with the goal of providing care for onyl the vets you feel deserve it.

I see. You're problem isn't really with Obama, it's with vets. Vets that want care but you don't think they deserve it, after serving their country and all.

This is what the vets organizations want. Maybe you should join an anti - vets health care organization and lobby the government in a fashion similar, but with the goal of providing care for onyl the vets you feel deserve it.

The VA can't handle it, plain and simple. Since you've never stepped foot inside a VA hospital in your life, I'll tell you since I have, they're fucking PACKED! Throw another 10 million people in there and the shit will implode. NO ONE will get good treatment then. Is that what you call a good idea? Maybe that's what you want. You and your military hating liberal friends. Yeah, I'm against it, just like Gunny. We both go to VA hospitals so we know.

You're talking out your ass. We know that too.

Last edited:
I've never been to a VA hospital ?

Think again. Not that it has anything to do with this.

The VA can't handle it, plain and simple. Since you've never stepped foot inside a VA hospital in your life, I'll tell you since I have, they're fucking PACKED! Throw another 10 million people in there and the shit will implode. NO ONE will get good treatment then. Is that what you call a good idea? Maybe that's what you want. You and your military hating liberal friends. Yeah, I'm against it, just like Gunny. We both go to VA hospitals so we know.

You're talking out your ass. We know that too.

I'm going to address this ignorant post, although it will make 0 difference.

I agree the VA has a tough time handling what they already have. They are under funded. President Obama has provided the largest increase in funds EVER for better treatment, better facilities, what ever they need to care for our vets.

10 million ? Where did this number come from ? It shows your ignorance on the matter. No one has suggested sending 10 million people to the VA. That's your partisan crap.

I love mthe military. It is the defender of my country. Again, showing your partisan hype.

And liberal ? Yeah, I'm a gun toting, prolife, nuclear power liberal.

You don't have a clue beyond your own small thoughts.

Obama's actions tell you how he feels about those who serve in uniform.

Dangerous Disrespect - The Philadelphia Bulletin Archives
the Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball. It was begun in 1953 for President Dwight Eisenhower’s inauguration. The ball recognizes recipients of the Medal of Honor, the nation’s highest military award.

Recipients and their families are invited to meet the president and receive his thanks for their sacrifice. In many cases, only the families are present, since Medals of Honor are often awarded posthumously.

The Ball has been held at every inauguration since its inception 56 years ago, and every single president has attended, from Eisenhower to John F. Kennedy to Lyndon Johnson through Bill Clinton and George Bush. Every single one of them believed honoring those who had earned this award, often at the cost of their own lives, in protecting America and her freedom was a top priority.

Until this year. This year, for the first time, a United States president, who carries the title of commander in chief of America’s military, decided honoring those who served and sacrificed in that military was NOT a priority.

The 48 Medal of Honor winners and their families who were in attendance were not visited by this president. They waited in vain while Mr. Obama visited the Hollywood-sponsored events, sending a clear message that those who pretend to be heroes on the cinematic screen are more important to this administration than those men and women who actually are the heroes of America.

Some Commander in Chief. And people ask me why I think Obama sucks.

Forum List

Back