Obama and the Class Envy Card

Hey lib's.....since you are all so good at claiming that those who are successful in life don't pay enough back to the government, how about you put your money where your big mouths are, and stamp "return to sender" on that tax tax return check next year.........Lets just see how many of you are willing to walk the walk, after using your big mouths to talk the talk.

Or should I say, how about you who ACTUALLY work, stamp that envelope.

I pay over $20,000 in federal taxes per year, excluding fica and medicare. I don't get a tax refund check, I pay at the end of the year.
That's not enough, pay more dammit!

If the lib's want me to pay more money, then you damn sure should pay more than your paltry 20 grand........Otherwise, i'm gonna sick the entitlement sucking lib's on ya'!:cool:

I live in between Sun City and a Leisure World here in Arizona. I'm paying for the Medicare and Social Security of a lot of old conservatives and I don't have one problem with it.

I pay over $20,000 in federal taxes per year, excluding fica and medicare. I don't get a tax refund check, I pay at the end of the year.

If the lib's want me to pay more money, then you damn sure should pay more than your paltry 20 grand........Otherwise, i'm gonna sick the entitlement sucking lib's on ya'!:cool:

I live in between Sun City and a Leisure World here in Arizona. I'm paying for the Medicare and Social Security of a lot of old conservatives and I don't have one problem with it.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Too fuckin' cool, and most of 'em are probably WHITE........Cool, nice to see a racist black bastard paying for da' evuls whites peebles.

Too fuckin' cool, and most of 'em are probably WHITE........Cool, nice to see a racist black bastard paying for da' evuls whites peebles.

Old people of all races earned the right of my tax dollars helping them.

Good for you!

And they will continue to get paid, unless we fail to prohibit the lib's from coming up with even more entitlement sucking programs.........And of course, fail to reform SS and MC.

Every article I've ever read from American thinker has merely reinforced that its just another extremist right-wing web site. For example

Barack Obama, the Left and the Democrats are determined to continue their never-ending and over-used drum beat of "raise taxes on the rich." While of little practical value in solving the nation's overwhelming debt and deficit problem, this siren song aims to foster class envy, intimidate opponents and foment potential violence.

Even if the article has substance, its difficult not to dismiss it as nothing but hyperpartisan bullshit when you read stuff like this.

Can you say which part of this you disagree with?

Can you watch the riots in the U.K. and not see a correlation?

Have you been oblivious to violent mini riots here and there just in the last few months?

Do you honestly believe that it is not in the Obama camp's interest to keep certain groups angry, restless, ready to rise up and make their presence known if things start leaning too conservative or, as they would see it, anti-progressive?

Admittedly it is very un-PC to say it and even harder to hear it and think it. But can you honestly say the writer is wrong?

Good for you!

And they will continue to get paid, unless we fail to prohibit the lib's from coming up with even more entitlement sucking programs.........And of course, fail to reform SS and MC.

Social Security and medicare do need to be reformed. The ages need to be raised and the $107,000 income limit needs to be removed from the social security tax.

I haven't lost my job, hell I turn down job offers, and I haven't been evicted from my house. This has been a great time to buy rental property. This has been a very fruitful 6 years, I hope for 6 more just like them.

Yaaaaa, "affirmative action" babies will do alright - until the country tires of your free ride....

That's your excuse for your failings? Well, whatever gets you through the day.

I've never failed at ANYTHING. :D

You've probably never REALLY succeeded at anything.

By Steve McCann
08/20/2011
American Thinker

Barack Obama, the Left and the Democrats are determined to continue their never-ending and over-used drum beat of "raise taxes on the rich." While of little practical value in solving the nation's overwhelming debt and deficit problem, this siren song aims to foster class envy, intimidate opponents and foment potential violence. It is the action of a desperate administration and party attempting to obfuscate their abject failure in growing the economy and creating jobs.

LINK
They've gone to this card awfully early this campaign. It's because everyone's wise to the Race Card and Age Card too early this campaign. We're all just waiting for it.

Of course it's easy to defuse the envy card. Every time some jackass sez "the rich must pay their fair share", ask them when the poor will be paying THEIR fair share? the bottom 40% all earn a profit from "paying" their taxes. How about we just do the smart thing, and make that only go down to zero. Nothing more nothing less for starters. THEN we can work up to them not getting any back of their witholdings and pay their fair share... save what deductions they really have. Just like the rich have to.

Every article I've ever read from American thinker has merely reinforced that its just another extremist right-wing web site. For example

Barack Obama, the Left and the Democrats are determined to continue their never-ending and over-used drum beat of "raise taxes on the rich." While of little practical value in solving the nation's overwhelming debt and deficit problem, this siren song aims to foster class envy, intimidate opponents and foment potential violence.

Even if the article has substance, its difficult not to dismiss it as nothing but hyperpartisan bullshit when you read stuff like this.

Let's presume you are correct in the analysis of the site, not just one article. Ok? Isn't it incumbent upon all of us, informed public, to sift out the substance as we see it, ignoring the chaff? I do so daily with NYT, WaPo, Rolling Stone, etc. While I don't say you are extreme left, your tendencies are towards middle/leans left. I'd say for myself, Leans Right/Libertarian.

All you hear them talking about is raising the taxes on the rich... Same old song and dance. How about that nearly 50% of folks who pay no federal taxes at all? They should have some skin in the game.

All you hear them talking about is raising the taxes on the rich... Same old song and dance. How about that nearly 50% of folks who pay no federal taxes at all? They should have some skin in the game.

As someone making less than $10k in the past year, I'd say that the state of IL takes more than my fair share. I owe more than $5k in property taxes.

Sales tax? Don't ask! Sales & Use Taxes

Local Government WHEATON
County DU PAGE
Location Code 022 0001 5
Liability Period 08 2011

Sales and related taxes
Sales Taxes (retailers' and service occupation taxes)
View General Merchandise Sales Tax Breakdown General merchandise 8.250%

Rate consists of the following:
State Rate 6.250%
County Water Commission Tax 0.250%
Home Rule 1.000%
Regional Transportation Authority 0.750%

View Food and Drug Sales Tax Breakdown Qualifying food and drugs 1.750%

State Rate 1.000%

View Motor Vehicle Sales Tax Breakdown Vehicle(ST-556) 7.250%

State Rate 6.250%

If the vehicle or trailer is titled and registered to

* a Chicago address, a Chicago Home Rule tax of 1.250% is imposed in addition to the vehicle rate listed above, making the total tax rate 8.500%.
* an out-of-state location, you (the dealer) may be required to collect tax. Refer to "Information for Vehicle Dealers" on the Welcome Page.

Use Taxes (use and service use taxes)
General merchandise 6.250%

State Rate 6.250%

Qualifying food and drugs 1.000%

State Rate 1.000%

View Motor Vehicle Use Tax Breakdown Vehicle (RUT-25) 7.250%

State Rate 6.250%

Other related sales taxes
County Motor Fuel Tax $0.04 per gallon

Automobile renting taxes
View ART Sales Tax Breakdown Automobile renting tax (occupation) 6.000%

State Rate 5.000%
Local Rate 1.000%

View ART Use Tax Breakdown Automobile renting tax (use) 6.000%

State Rate 5.000%
Local Rate 1.000%

Telecommunication taxes
View Telecommunication Tax Breakdown Telecommunication taxes 13.000%

State Rate 7.000%
Local Rate 6.000%

The term “sales tax” actually refers to several tax acts. Sales tax is a combination of “occupation” taxes that are imposed on sellers’ receipts and “use” taxes that are imposed on amounts paid by purchasers. Sellers owe the occupation tax to the department; they reimburse themselves for this liability by collecting use tax from the buyers. “Sales tax” is the combination of all state, local, mass transit, water commission, home rule occupation and use, non-home rule occupation and use, park district, county public safety and facilities, county school facility tax, and business district taxes.

“Sales tax” is imposed on a seller’s receipts from sales of tangible personal property for use or consumption. Tangible personal property does not include real estate, stocks, bonds, or other “paper” assets representing an interest.

If the seller (typically an out-of-state business, such as a catalog company or a retailer making sales on the internet) does not charge Illinois Sales Tax, the purchaser must pay the tax directly to the department. For purposes of this document, Illinois Sales Tax has three rate structures — one for qualifying food, drugs, and medical appliances; one for items required to be titled or registered; and another for all other general merchandise.

“Qualifying food, drugs, and medical appliances” include

* food that has not been prepared for immediate consumption, such as most food sold at grocery stores, excluding hot foods, alcoholic beverages, candy, and soft drinks;
* prescription medicines and nonprescription items claimed to have medicinal value, such as aspirin, cough medicine, and medicated hand lotion, excluding grooming and hygiene products; and
* prescription and nonprescription medical appliances that directly replace a malfunctioning part of the human body, such as corrective eyewear, contact lenses, prostheses, insulin syringes, and dentures.

“Vehicles” include motor vehicles, ATVs, watercraft, aircraft, trailers, and mobile homes. See the STS‑76, Illinois Aircraft/Watercraft and Vehicle Tax Information Guide, for complete definitions and tax applications.

“General merchandise” includes sales of most tangible personal property including sales of

* soft drinks and candy;
* prepared food such as food purchased at a restaurant;
* photo processing (getting pictures developed);
* prewritten and “canned” computer software;
* prepaid telephone calling cards and other prepaid telephone calling arrangements;
* repair parts and other items transferred or sold in conjunction with providing a service under certain circumstances based on the actual selling price;
* grooming and hygiene products;
* See Regulation 130.310 for a full listing.

If you think that 'looks complicated' you should have to pay it. A $1.00 candy bar? $1.09. A dollar newspaper? 1.00. A $4.20 pack of cigs? $4.90+

It's impossible to figure out the cost at check out for consumer. Milk, candy, pop, veggies, beer, cheese, popcorn? All on different schedules. Gas taxes? Forget about it. Our average right now is $3.98 and that's down considerably. National average isn't close.

The usual all-purpose leftwing race card has little traction when people have lost their jobs and been evicted form their houses. Enter the class envy card. Anything that can cause division and inter-group hatred which can be exploited for political purposes is the stock in trade of the leftwing.

Like the Right blaming the CRA for the Financial Crisis.

Whaaaaaaatttttt????? That has NOTHING to do with what I said, but thanks for the non-sequitur. :cuckoo:

WHOOOOSH!!

That was the sound of the point going completely over your head.

Let's presume you are correct in the analysis of the site, not just one article. Ok? Isn't it incumbent upon all of us, informed public, to sift out the substance as we see it, ignoring the chaff? I do so daily with NYT, WaPo, Rolling Stone, etc. While I don't say you are extreme left, your tendencies are towards middle/leans left. I'd say for myself, Leans Right/Libertarian.

In the UK, when the new coalition government was proposing budget cuts, far left-wing commentators were saying that the budget cuts would be responsible for riots and violence one day. Now, do you think that was an accurate prediction or incitement and demagoguery? When you play on people's most basic fears, you foster division, resentment and hatred towards other groups, which is exactly what this site is doing by equating opposition to raising taxes on the rich as fomenting violence.

Your point is well taken. I spend little time criticizing the likes of Fox News or the Huffington Post because even though they are biased, it doesn't mean they are wrong. But sites like American "Thinker" or far left-wing sites such as globalreasearch have such obvious agendas, it's difficult to take them seriously, even when they are correct, since they will use almost any means necessary to advance that agenda, including grossly distorting the truth and facts to fit their worldview. You cannot take highly ideological sites even remotely at face value.

And since you brought up the issue, don't confuse my criticism of the Right as agreeing with the Left.

Really? You mean someone is getting a paycheck with no SS or Medicare taken out?

How long are you idiots going to keep repeating this silly lie?

Another point, perhaps those that do neccessary jobs need to be paid a living wage. That would solve a great percentage of that problem, they would then be taxpayers. Of course, to do that, large corperations might have to pay their CEO's something like only 20 times the wage of a trademan. Oh, the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Pass out the sackcloth.

Also, why not the same tax on all income? Why should I pay more on what I make as a tradesman in a dangerous occupation, than someone that simply invests their money?

Immediate fixes for SS and Medicare. All income taxed at the same rate as I and other American Workers pay out of our paychecks. Then the wealthy would be paying at the same rate as those you claim pay no taxes.

In the UK, when the new coalition government was proposing budget cuts, far left-wing commentators were saying that the budget cuts would be responsible for riots and violence one day. Now, do you think that was an accurate prediction or incitement and demagoguery? When you play on people's most basic fears, you foster division, resentment and hatred towards other groups, which is exactly what this site is doing by equating opposition to raising taxes on the rich as fomenting violence.

Your point is well taken. I spend little time criticizing the likes of Fox News or the Huffington Post because even though they are biased, it doesn't mean they are wrong. But sites like American "Thinker" or far left-wing sites such as globalreasearch have such obvious agendas, it's difficult to take them seriously, even when they are correct, since they will use almost any means necessary to advance that agenda, including grossly distorting the truth and facts to fit their worldview. You cannot take highly ideological sites even remotely at face value.

And since you brought up the issue, don't confuse my criticism of the Right as agreeing with the Left.

Really, if that were the case, I wouldn't ask your opinion. That doesn't mean you are without bias, but at least it's discernible.

Obama and the Class Envy Card

Yes the very wealthy are quite fearful of the wrath of the little people, no doubt.

And with good reason, too.

Sooner or later even the best propagandist cannot prevent the sheep from looking up.

tick tock!

By Steve McCann
08/20/2011
American Thinker

Barack Obama, the Left and the Democrats are determined to continue their never-ending and over-used drum beat of "raise taxes on the rich." While of little practical value in solving the nation's overwhelming debt and deficit problem, this siren song aims to foster class envy, intimidate opponents and foment potential violence. It is the action of a desperate administration and party attempting to obfuscate their abject failure in growing the economy and creating jobs.

LINK

You want to balance the budget without any tax increases? Cut spending ACROSS THE BOARD by 40%,

including 40% out of defense, and that will get you there.

Really, if that were the case, I wouldn't ask your opinion. That doesn't mean you are without bias, but at least it's discernible.

We all have biases. But my bias isn't on the Left. It's criticizing the Right, at least on USMB. There's a difference.

okay, i guess. All lower case. Some of us, most of us, aren't what you believe us to be. But, whatever.

Forum List

Back