obama and spying - it ain't just trump

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
A Brief History of the CIA's Unpunished Spying on the Senate - an article from late 2014.

CIA Director John Brennan denied the charge. “Nothing could be further from the truth,” he said. “We wouldn’t do that. That’s just beyond the scope of reason in terms of what we’d do.” It would be months before his denial was publicly proved false. "An internal investigation by the C.I.A. has found that its officers penetrated a computer network used by the Senate Intelligence Committee in preparing its damning report on the C.I.A.’s detention and interrogation program," The New York Times reported. "The report by the agency’s inspector general also found that C.I.A. officers read the emails of the Senate investigators and sent a criminal referral to the Justice Department based on false information."
------
my concern is that we can now make up reasons, valid, maybe not - these days that simply doesn't matter and that's all our faults for letting our side kick the bag of shit down the road for their cause then bitching when the other side does the same.

we all spend our time arguing over who's right and wrong when in the end, spying *is* happening. if you're ok *this time* i can promise you, it won't be long before you won't be ok with it.

now do we trash the atlantic? say they're wrong? or did this happen? if it happened here, why is it a stretch to think this would happen again and again and again? if you commit a crime and no one cares, it is a crime anymore?

this isn't about pushing one side over the other any longer. it just isn't. this is beyond obama, trump, hillary and each and every one of us. this is about the core of our country and the actions we find acceptable over the ones we don't. names are meaningless at this point as that only causes illusions that feed our insecurities or desires. put the blinders on. remove the names. stop pushing for one side over the other.

are these actions ok and what you're wanting from our government?

it aint just ANYBODY.

not one single RW idiot knows the protocol for a president to assign a SPY to a mission.

A Brief History of the CIA's Unpunished Spying on the Senate - an article from late 2014.

CIA Director John Brennan denied the charge. “Nothing could be further from the truth,” he said. “We wouldn’t do that. That’s just beyond the scope of reason in terms of what we’d do.” It would be months before his denial was publicly proved false. "An internal investigation by the C.I.A. has found that its officers penetrated a computer network used by the Senate Intelligence Committee in preparing its damning report on the C.I.A.’s detention and interrogation program," The New York Times reported. "The report by the agency’s inspector general also found that C.I.A. officers read the emails of the Senate investigators and sent a criminal referral to the Justice Department based on false information."
------
my concern is that we can now make up reasons, valid, maybe not - these days that simply doesn't matter and that's all our faults for letting our side kick the bag of shit down the road for their cause then bitching when the other side does the same.

we all spend our time arguing over who's right and wrong when in the end, spying *is* happening. if you're ok *this time* i can promise you, it won't be long before you won't be ok with it.

now do we trash the atlantic? say they're wrong? or did this happen? if it happened here, why is it a stretch to think this would happen again and again and again? if you commit a crime and no one cares, it is a crime anymore?

this isn't about pushing one side over the other any longer. it just isn't. this is beyond obama, trump, hillary and each and every one of us. this is about the core of our country and the actions we find acceptable over the ones we don't. names are meaningless at this point as that only causes illusions that feed our insecurities or desires. put the blinders on. remove the names. stop pushing for one side over the other.

It would appear, we are turning into S. Korea.

:abgg2q.jpg:

If only we could deal with our own corruption like they do.

I wonder if the politico's here traded notes with the elites their. . . . :eusa_think: The similarities are eerie.

Seoul Court Sentences Ex-Intelligence Chief to Imprisonment - Reports

Last edited:

------

I wonder if the politico's here traded notes with the elites there. . . . :eusa_think: The similarities are eerie.

unfortunately we've blurred so many words these days things like nazi, racism, corrupt, illegal - have all morphed to the left. if this is such a good thing, why is everyone "kung fu fighting" now?

it aint just ANYBODY.

not one single RW idiot knows the protocol for a president to assign a SPY to a mission.

It came out of his “inter-agency taskforce” at Langley.
John Brennan’s Plot to Infiltrate the Trump Campaign

"As Trump won primary after primary in 2016, a rattled John Brennan started claiming to colleagues at the CIA that Estonia’s intelligence agency had alerted him to an intercepted phone call suggesting Putin was pouring money into the Trump campaign. The tip was bogus, but Brennan bit on it with opportunistic relish.

Out of Brennan’s alarmist chatter about the bogus tip came an extraordinary leak to the BBC: that Brennan had used it, along with later half-baked tips from British intelligence, as the justification to form a multi-agency spy operation (given the Orwellian designation of an “inter-agency taskforce”) on the Trump campaign, which he was running right out of CIA headquarters.

The CIA was furious about the leak, but never denied the BBC’s story. To Congress earlier this year, Brennan acknowledged the existence of the group, but cast his role in it as the mere conduit of tips about Trump-Russia collusion: “It was well beyond my mandate as director of CIA to follow on any of those leads that involved U.S. persons. But I made sure that anything that was involving U.S. persons, including anything involving the individuals involved in the Trump campaign, was shared with the bureau.”

But if his role had truly been passive, the “inter-agency taskforce” wouldn’t have been meeting at CIA headquarters. By keeping its discussions at Langley, Brennan could keep his finger wedged in the pie. Both before and after the FBI’s official probe began in late July 2016, Brennan was bringing together into the same room at CIA headquarters a cast of Trump haters across the Obama administration whose activities he could direct — from Peter Strzok, the FBI liaison to Brennan, to the doltish Jim Clapper, Brennan’s errand boy, to an assortment of Brennan’s buddies at the Treasury Department, Justice Department, and White House. . .

<snip>

. . . According to press accounts, Downer’s bumptiousness caused a diplomatic row of sorts between the two countries. Who resolved it? John Kerry? Susan Rice? Or was this another case of Obama leading from behind — behind a CIA director briefing him daily on “Russian interference” while running an anti-Trump spy ring out of Langley."

it aint just ANYBODY.

"As Trump won primary after primary in 2016, a rattled John Brennan started claiming to colleagues at the CIA that Estonia’s intelligence agency had alerted him to an intercepted phone call suggesting Putin was pouring money into the Trump campaign. The tip was bogus, but Brennan bit on it with opportunistic relish.

Out of Brennan’s alarmist chatter about the bogus tip came an extraordinary leak to the BBC: that Brennan had used it, along with later half-baked tips from British intelligence, as the justification to form a multi-agency spy operation (given the Orwellian designation of an “inter-agency taskforce”) on the Trump campaign, which he was running right out of CIA headquarters.

The CIA was furious about the leak, but never denied the BBC’s story. To Congress earlier this year, Brennan acknowledged the existence of the group, but cast his role in it as the mere conduit of tips about Trump-Russia collusion: “It was well beyond my mandate as director of CIA to follow on any of those leads that involved U.S. persons. But I made sure that anything that was involving U.S. persons, including anything involving the individuals involved in the Trump campaign, was shared with the bureau.”

But if his role had truly been passive, the “inter-agency taskforce” wouldn’t have been meeting at CIA headquarters. By keeping its discussions at Langley, Brennan could keep his finger wedged in the pie. Both before and after the FBI’s official probe began in late July 2016, Brennan was bringing together into the same room at CIA headquarters a cast of Trump haters across the Obama administration whose activities he could direct — from Peter Strzok, the FBI liaison to Brennan, to the doltish Jim Clapper, Brennan’s errand boy, to an assortment of Brennan’s buddies at the Treasury Department, Justice Department, and White House. . .

<snip>

. . . According to press accounts, Downer’s bumptiousness caused a diplomatic row of sorts between the two countries. Who resolved it? John Kerry? Susan Rice? Or was this another case of Obama leading from behind — behind a CIA director briefing him daily on “Russian interference” while running an anti-Trump spy ring out of Langley."
dunno but kerry is gonna get locked up if he keeps this shit up:

Former Secretary of State John Kerry has been secretly working to save the Iran nuclear deal as its renewal deadline approaches

this is no longer his concern.

------

I wonder if the politico's here traded notes with the elites there. . . . :eusa_think: The similarities are eerie.

unfortunately we've blurred so many words these days things like nazi, racism, corrupt, illegal - have all morphed to the left. if this is such a good thing, why is everyone "kung fu fighting" now?

I don't think it is a good thing.

I don't think they have morphed to the left. If find a lot of these terms honestly to be neutral in political context. They have been weaponized by the establishment though.

I do agree with you though, words do seem to longer have precise meanings.

Having everyone quarrel is what the oligarchs desire, it makes machinations easier.

it aint just ANYBODY.

<snip>

dunno but kerry is gonna get locked up if he keeps this shit up:

Former Secretary of State John Kerry has been secretly working to save the Iran nuclear deal as its renewal deadline approaches

this is no longer his concern.
Seems like a clear violation of the Logan Act if ever there was one.

if it happened here, why is it a stretch to think this would happen again and again and again?
Because we SAW and HEARD it happening, real time, way way early in the campaign, in 2015, with Trump and his adoration of Putin and hatred of his own Country that he displayed before all.....

For us with our eyes and ears opened to hear and see, long before Trump even won the Primary, something was really really fishy with Trump and this bromance he was having with Putin. I mentioned it on threads here, and so did others, before he won the primary and even before the primary debates.

I was wondering what was up with this obsession of his making certain to Praise Russia and Putin? What do they ''have'' on him? Or what is his Business relationships with Russia....??? (I didn't even know yet that he was there for miss universe back in 2013 or that he had any connections with Russia) And I was wondering where the heck was the CIA? ....I did not know it would be the counter intelligence division of the FBI at the time...

So I thought the CIA/FBI was way way BEHIND on starting an investigation, with all the fishy smelling things going on that made absolutely no sense to any warm blooded American.....

Last edited:
if it happened here, why is it a stretch to think this would happen again and again and again?
Because we SAW and HEARD it happening, real time, way way early in the campaign, in 2015, with Trump and his adoration of Putin and hatred of his own Country that he displayed before all.....

For us with our eyes and ears opened to hear and see, long before Trump even won the Primary, something was really really fishy with Trump and this bromance he was having with Putin. I mentioned it on threads here, and so did others, before he won the primary and even before the primary debates.

I was wondering what was up with this obsession of his making certain to Praise Russia and Putin? What do they ''have'' on him? Or what is his Business relationships with Russia....??? (I didn't even know yet that he was there for miss universe back in 2013 or that he had any connections with Russia) And I was wondering where the heck was the CIA? ....I did not know it would be the counter intelligence division of the FBI at the time...

So I thought the CIA/FBI was way way BEHIND on starting an investigation, with all the fishy smelling things going on that made absolutely no sense to any warm blooded American.....
oh fuck that. trump does not hate this country and you invalidate any form of intelligence you may one day show by having to live in an extreme view of everything.

YOU are part of the problem. "they don't do what i want, they're a hater!"

bottom line - there is a track record of obama spying and being caught. all these "excuses" are just that.

it aint just ANYBODY.

and not one single LW idiot who subscribes to this bag-o-crap mentality would allow trump to do the very same actions they are now supporting.

end of story.

I was wondering what was up with this obsession of his making certain to Praise Russia and Putin? What do they ''have'' on him? Or what is his Business relationships with Russia.... (I didn't even know yet that he was there for miss universe back in 2013 or that he had any connections with Russia) And I was wondering where the heck was the CIA? ....I did not know it would be the counter intelligence division of the FBI at the time...

Trump hates his own country?

I was wondering what was up with this obsession of his making certain to Praise Russia and Putin? What do they ''have'' on him? Or what is his Business relationships with Russia.... (I didn't even know yet that he was there for miss universe back in 2013 or that he had any connections with Russia) And I was wondering where the heck was the CIA? ....I did not know it would be the counter intelligence division of the FBI at the time...

obama, hillary and others do NOT hate this country. they may hate aspects of it, i think we all do. part of what "compromise" means in the end. i *do* feel they want a very different america than i do but that's for a country to decide.

not a person. not a party.

when people run to THEY JUST HATE AMERICA they got less than nothing and are showing it off in bold neon.

yes, I'm serious!

obama, hillary and others do NOT hate this country. they may hate aspects of it, i think we all do. part of what "compromise" means in the end. i *do* feel they want a very different America than i do but that's for a country to decide.

when people run to THEY JUST HATE AMERICA they got less than nothing and are showing it off in bold neon.

meh, on that, I am not so sure. Just my personal opinion. Trump is not a member of the CFR and is antagonistic to Agenda 21, those two aren't.

I don't think they hate the people in the borders of the nation, but I am pretty sure they loath the constitution and would prefer that the UN charter and other international laws were supreme to the US constitution. In essence, ending the U.S.

My own opinion is that they are globalists and would prefer a world super state that had it's laws supreme to the national sovereignty of the U.S.

If they had their way, the nation wouldn't get to decide.

yes, I'm serious!

then you're being willfully blind. trumps actions if anything are america centric and not "global" in nature. if you didn't hate him with the white hot passion of a thousand dying suns all crying out to be free in an interstellar explosion of the eons you'd see that.

but you hate him so he's a hater. you are no more correct than if i said you hate america because you want to do what i don't want to do, which is all this really is in the end.

you don't hate america, i don't believe that for a moment. trump doesn't either. i refuse to believe that. we may have different visions of what to do and where to go but that used to be celebrated. now it's anger forming and hate producing. we need to get back to working together or our own hate is going to consume us and the russian trollings real goal - divide us - wins.

yes, I'm serious!

Okay. :tinfoil:

Do you have any proof beyond your conspiracy theory and circumstantial evidence?

obama, hillary and others do NOT hate this country. they may hate aspects of it, i think we all do. part of what "compromise" means in the end. i *do* feel they want a very different America than i do but that's for a country to decide.

meh, on that, I am not so sure. Just my personal opinion. Trump is not a member of the CFR and is antagonistic to Agenda 21, those two aren't.

I don't think they hate the people in the borders of the nation, but I am pretty sure they loath the constitution and would prefer that the UN charter and other international laws were supreme to the US constitution. In essence, ending the U.S.

My own opinion is that they are globalists and would prefer a world super state that had it's laws supreme to the national sovereignty of the US.

maybe but wouldn't that then just be different versions of what they want for this country? while i vastly disagree in the direction we decide this things as a people. i would agree obama went around the processes a lot and those actions coupled with him being quoted as saying the constitution got in his way - well that does give some leeway to the hate aspect.

when trump comes out and says the constitution is preventing his goals, i'll lean to the hate.

if you didn't hate him with the white hot passion of a thousand dying suns all crying out to be free in an interstellar explosion of the eons you'd see that.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::lol: :D

maybe, but I really don't think so!

thanks for the good chuckle Iceberg! i could not have said it in a more descriptive way, myself!!!! :lol::lol:

Good grief...

Forum List

Back