Obama and Fox: A 'Presidency' or a 'Dictatorship'?

""How many of the other media outlets on the planet have the audience that Fox has, and are rated as trustworthy as Fox?

How many?""

Not many in the US!!!!!!
How many gullible brainwashed rednecks are there in the US?????
Maybe there's a correlation????
Good business plan Fox has - target the dumb gullible masses, brainwash them more, increase the target audience, repeat every day....!!!!

Let's see how easy it is to reveal you to be a brain-dead 'reliable Democrat voter."

30% of Fox's viewers are Democrats.

“At the time, there was a big unofficial boycott of Democrats going on Fox, and I never understood it,” Trippi explains, “because my reading of the numbers is that more Democrats and independents watch Fox than CNN and MSNBC. ... No, no, wait. Pew just did a study that showed that thirty percent of Fox’s audience are Democrats.”
How Joe Trippi Found Happiness At Fox News | The New Republic

Smashed that custard pie right in your kisser, huh?

Yes!!! A lot of people watch it for laugh!!! Especially now that Jon Stewart is not around to summarize the best clips!!!!

"Kirsten Powers doesn’t mince words when discussing what she calls the “illiberal silencing tactics” of the left, including those employed by the Obama administration.

“It goes without saying that if George Bush had done this, he would have been Hitler,” she said of the Obama administration’s attempt to “delegitimize” Fox News.

They can’t handle any dissent. It’s got to be completely 100 percent behind what they want—they don’t want to debate, they won’t send anybody on Fox News. … It goes without saying that if George Bush had done this, he would have been Hitler. If George Bush had come out and named a news organization … I can’t even imagine what would have happened.

....They can’t handle any dissent. It’s got to be completely 100 percent behind what they want—they don’t want to debate, they won’t send anybody on Fox News. … It goes without saying that if George Bush had done this, he would have been Hitler. If George Bush had come out and named a news organization … I can’t even imagine what would have happened.

.... Powers said she came to see conservatives as the most ardent defenders of free speech—welcoming debate rather than attempting to stifle it like many liberals in media and academia."
Kirsten Powers on Obama's Attempt to 'Delegitimize' Fox News

Atta' girl, Powers!!!

BRAVO! Three whole words of your own! BE PROUD!

Moderation Message:

It's really distracting to have to read thru accusations of plagiarism to find out what's "relevant" in this thread.
Let's just stipulate that within the context of a thread -- if the source is previously linked -- it does not need to be RELINKED at every quote. You may use IBID or "From the article previously quoted about ___".. Not a doctoral submission..

Not a reading on plagiarism -- but a sufficient use of quotes and attributions for any particular thread..

Redfish, your 'feeling' is not fact.Give us fact not your opinion.
has obama enforced our immigration laws? yes or no.
It is not only your place to ask but to be instructed. Tell us how many immigrants have been returned to Mexico. Tell us how many have been returned at the border. Compare that to Bush and Clinton's presidencies. Note that law suits were properly filed when other authorized government institutions felt that the EOs were too broad. So show us where is the dictatorship? In fact, the president is operating within the law.
so, ordering the border patrol to not enforce the border is following the law? Ordering them to be no closer than 500 yards is enforcing immigration laws? Telling the american public that he has a phone and a pen and will do what he wants in spite of congress is abiding by the constitution?

your hero is a fraud and a failure. Its really a shame because as the first black president he could have done great things for race relations, the economy, foreign relations. But no, his far left wing ideology took precedent and he will go down as a terrible president who made everything worse.
You are making statements without any proof. Yes, the president has every right to instruct his administrators to operate in a prudent and safe manner. Telling the people he thinks the Congress is wrong and is willing to do what the believes is the best legal way to resolve the problem is fine (Congress won't pass a reform law). BHO has done far better than you are willing to admit, but there you go, letting your 'feelings' get in the way.

I have stated facts, not opinions. Obama has been a terrible divisive president. His far left ideology was more important to him than the constitution or the people who elected him. Worst president in history is too mild.

Congress has put forth several immigration reform bills, but the dems have blocked them from coming to a vote and obama has threatened to veto any that do not include his version of amnesty. He has never attempted to work with congress in order to find compromise solutions. Its been his way or no way, so nothing has gotten done.

Let me ask you something. Are race relations better or worse today after 7 years of obozo?

You are certainly not center right but a far right reactionary instead. You substitute personal attacks for reasoned discussion. You believe that Cruz, Perry, etc., are mainstream. BHO is not a dictator.

I never said that obozo IS a dictator. I said that he would like to be one and you would like for him to be one. why is it that all of you libs have reading comprehension issues?
Good, you admitted that he is not a dictator. Can you now give one solid piece of evidence that he wants to be a dictator?
I'd also like to see this.

Issuing EOs in order to bypass congress is an act of a would-be dictator. Ignoring and refusing to enforce laws are acts of a would-be dictator

Here is the addy for the Executive Order Disposition Table so you don't have an excuse of not being able to locate it.
Executive Orders Disposition Tables Index

Now from the disposition Table, find and provide the reference numbers of those EO's that Obama issued, "...in order to bypass congress is an act of a would-be dictator..." as you claim! Put up or shut the fuck up!

I can tell you now that none exist. Your typical Pavlovian response to screaming out about non-Constitutional Executive Orders, comes directly from Faux News and other neoconservative sources constantly referring to Executive Actions as Executive Orders to make those Executive Actions appear more authoritarian to the extent of ORDERS! In other words, PROPAGANDA.

Why wouldn't he by pass the worst rated Congress we've ever had????
Without Obama's actions NOTHING would get done; the stock market would be less than half what it is now - where GWB left it!!!

I never said that obozo IS a dictator. I said that he would like to be one and you would like for him to be one. why is it that all of you libs have reading comprehension issues?
Good, you admitted that he is not a dictator. Can you now give one solid piece of evidence that he wants to be a dictator?

Issuing EOs in order to bypass congress is an act of a would-be dictator. Ignoring and refusing to enforce laws are acts of a would-be dictator

Here is the addy for the Executive Order Disposition Table so you don't have an excuse of not being able to locate it.

Now from the disposition Table, find and provide the reference numbers of those EO's that Obama issued, "...in order to bypass congress is an act of a would-be dictator..." as you claim! Put up or shut the fuck up!

I can tell you now that none exist. Your typical Pavlovian response to screaming out about non-Constitutional Executive Orders, comes directly from Faux News and other neoconservative sources constantly referring to Executive Actions as Executive Orders to make those Executive Actions appear more authoritarian to the extent of ORDERS! In other words, PROPAGANDA.

Without Obama's actions NOTHING would get done; the stock market would be less than half what it is now - where GWB left it!!!

^^^^^garbage

Sorry, I can't handle your bullshit.
Sorry, I can't handle your bullshit.

There is a simple explanation, so simple that even one such as you, with your limited ....ability....may understand your propensity:

Time and again, when folks realize they have been skewered, that they have no adequate response to truth that destroys their worldview, their most closely held beliefs, their language falls to the vulgar.

It's one of those hard to hide psychological tells....your anger at being bested leaks out as vulgarity.

That would be you.
A simple explanation? Please, don't copy and paste from Ann cunters new book. Limited ability? I don't copy and paste random quotes out of context to argue a ridiculous assumption. I have not been skewered, I'm simply tired of dealing with your ridiculous posts and supposed facts. I might as well start pulling quotes about the earth being flat and claiming you're a moron when you call me an idiot. I use vulgar language because it's the nature of this message board.

" I don't copy and paste random quotes out of context..."

Nor do I.
Yes, you do. This has been shown throughout all of your threads by multiple posters. You're claiming moderates are communists, for fucks sake.
Obama is demanding nothing less than 100% submission of every news outlet.

LOL. Biggest lie of the OP.

He was merely pointing out that the GOP attack dog is rabid.

Not even close to demanding anything.

Gee...you sound just like another Obama lap-dog, willing to follow 'dear leader' sans evidence or proof.

Could be?

Faux News Lapdog...

^^^^^garbage

Based on FACT - something foreign to you...

Did obama order the border patrol to stand down on enforcing immigration violations? yes or no.

^^^^^garbage

nope, based on garbage and propaganda from the left. But since you brought it up. Specifically what has obozo done to make the stock market go up? I want specific actions, not talking points

^^^^^garbage

you are a rookie here so I will give you some advice. If you post talking points and BS you will be destroyed by those of us who use facts and logic to make our points. You can be a legitimate voice of the left or be branded a fool like jake snarkey. your choice.

Nope, I am mainstream, a little center right. You are a far left loon who is part of a very small minority of idiots who have no idea what this country is all about, you have no idea what freedom means, no idea what the constitution says. you are a brainwashed indoctrinated idiot. You worship obama, the worst president in our history.
You are certainly not center right but a far right reactionary instead. You substitute personal attacks for reasoned discussion. You believe that Cruz, Perry, etc., are mainstream. BHO is not a dictator.

Hey Redfish. I guess you overlooked my post so Ill provide it for you again:

We'll see if it was an oversight on your part or a dodge to keep from responding to an inconvenient truth!

very few and easily rebutted to "I have stated facts, not opinions."

the following is Redfish's opinion "Obama has been a terrible divisive president. His far left ideology was more important to him than the constitution or the people who elected him. Worst president in history is too mild."

The Senate passed a reform bill and the House would not vote on it "Congress has put forth several immigration reform bills, but the dems have blocked them from coming to a vote and obama has threatened to veto any that do not include his version of amnesty."

This is opinion "He has never attempted to work with congress in order to find compromise solutions. Its been his way or no way, so nothing has gotten done."

Then he asks an opinion as if it is a fact "Let me ask you something. Are race relations better or worse today after 7 years of obozo?"

Redfish want his feelings and opinions to be accepted as fact.

Seriously why support any of the news stations, they continue to cause fear and propaganda for viewer ratings which means money in their own pockets.....
So much hate on this thread

There is a simple explanation, so simple that even one such as you, with your limited ....ability....may understand your propensity:

Time and again, when folks realize they have been skewered, that they have no adequate response to truth that destroys their worldview, their most closely held beliefs, their language falls to the vulgar.

It's one of those hard to hide psychological tells....your anger at being bested leaks out as vulgarity.

That would be you.
A simple explanation? Please, don't copy and paste from Ann cunters new book. Limited ability? I don't copy and paste random quotes out of context to argue a ridiculous assumption. I have not been skewered, I'm simply tired of dealing with your ridiculous posts and supposed facts. I might as well start pulling quotes about the earth being flat and claiming you're a moron when you call me an idiot. I use vulgar language because it's the nature of this message board.

Nor do I.
Yes, you do. This has been shown throughout all of your threads by multiple posters. You're claiming moderates are communists, for fucks sake.

Gee...you sound just like another Obama lap-dog, willing to follow 'dear leader' sans evidence or proof.

Could be?

Faux News Lapdog...

Duck....here comes another custard pie in your kisser:

From the White House:
" What I think is fair to say about Fox — and certainly it’s the way we view it — is that it really is more a wing of the Republican Party. They take their talking points, put them on the air; take their opposition research, put them on the air. And that’s fine. But let’s not pretend they’re a news network the way CNN is."

Of course, this is the sort of lie one expects from the Obama administration.

9. Now, for the truth.

a. "...Fox is a serious news organization that open minded liberals can respect." Kirsten Powers, "The Silencing: How The Left Is Killing Free Speech," p. 119.

b. “I miss being able to turn on a straight newscast,” he said. “And it turns out the only place you can go to get one at 6 o’clock at night is Fox.” Other Americans are reaching the same conclusion. Kelly beat the networks on election night, and now Bret Baier’s hourlong newscast at 6 p.m., “Special Report,” frequently beats the ABC or CBS newscasts in select markets, including Atlanta, St. Louis and even Baltimore, a Democratic stronghold." http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/25/magazine/the-megyn-kelly-moment.html?_r=0

c. "Time magazine’s Joe Klein used to watch CNN at 6 p.m.... “It is such an embarrassment to our profession that CNN has gone in the toilet the way it has. You know, I miss being able to turn on a straight newscast, and it turns out the only place you can go to get one at 6:00 at night is Fox.”

The audience mumbled a bit, but Greenfield said Klein has a point aboutBret Baier. Because at leastSpecial Reportis a straight newscast, unlike CNN’s frantic MH370 coverage and, well,Al Sharpton." Time’s Joe Klein Can’t Stand Watching CNN, Would Rather Watch Fox

d. George Will and Charles Krauthammer, Fox regulars, are two Pulitzer Prize-winning columnists.

e. Brit Hume and Chris Wallace have both won Emmys.

f. Two former CNN veterans, Ed Henry, former White House Correspondents Association Board President,- and Emmy Award-winner John Roberts.

g. Carl Cameron has covered every presidential election since 1996; " Stories he has broken include the breaches of security at theDEAand other Federal agencies in 2001 byIsraelisclaiming to be art students[2]andGeorge W. Bush's 1976drunk drivingarrest." Carl Cameron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

h. Shepard Smith "The Fox Report with Shepard Smithwas a top-ratednewscastin cable news and has been ranked third in the top programs inU.S. cable news.[5]Shepard Smith tied for second (along withDan RatherandPeter Jennings) as the most trusted news anchor on both network and cable news in a 2003TV Guidepoll. Shepard Smith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Fox News is the most trusted news network: poll"
Fox News is the most trusted news network: poll

But....if you are an Obamunist...." Fox is not a real news outlet."

How ya' like that, boyyyyeeeeee???

Last edited:

Nor do I.

Could be?

Faux News Lapdog...

From the White House:
" What I think is fair to say about Fox — and certainly it’s the way we view it — is that it really is more a wing of the Republican Party. They take their talking points, put them on the air; take their opposition research, put them on the air. And that’s fine. But let’s not pretend they’re a news network the way CNN is."

9. Now, for the truth.

a. "...Fox is a serious news organization that open minded liberals can respect." Kirsten Powers, "The Silencing: How The Left Is Killing Free Speech," p. 119.

b. “I miss being able to turn on a straight newscast,” he said. “And it turns out the only place you can go to get one at 6 o’clock at night is Fox.” Other Americans are reaching the same conclusion. Kelly beat the networks on election night, and now Bret Baier’s hourlong newscast at 6 p.m., “Special Report,” frequently beats the ABC or CBS newscasts in select markets, including Atlanta, St. Louis and even Baltimore, a Democratic stronghold." http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/25/magazine/the-megyn-kelly-moment.html?_r=0

c. "Time magazine’s Joe Klein used to watch CNN at 6 p.m.... “It is such an embarrassment to our profession that CNN has gone in the toilet the way it has. You know, I miss being able to turn on a straight newscast, and it turns out the only place you can go to get one at 6:00 at night is Fox.”

The audience mumbled a bit, but Greenfield said Klein has a point aboutBret Baier. Because at leastSpecial Reportis a straight newscast, unlike CNN’s frantic MH370 coverage and, well,Al Sharpton." Time’s Joe Klein Can’t Stand Watching CNN, Would Rather Watch Fox

d. George Will and Charles Krauthammer, Fox regulars, are two Pulitzer Prize-winning columnists.

f. Two former CNN veterans, Ed Henry, former White House Correspondents Association Board President,- and Emmy Award-winner John Roberts.

g. Carl Cameron has covered every presidential election since 1996; " Stories he has broken include the breaches of security at theDEAand other Federal agencies in 2001 byIsraelisclaiming to be art students[2]andGeorge W. Bush's 1976drunk drivingarrest." Carl Cameron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

h. Shepard Smith "The Fox Report with Shepard Smithwas a top-ratednewscastin cable news and has been ranked third in the top programs inU.S. cable news.[5]Shepard Smith tied for second (along withDan RatherandPeter Jennings) as the most trusted news anchor on both network and cable news in a 2003TV Guidepoll. Shepard Smith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Faux News is as much a legitimate news outlet as the National Inquirer is. :rofl:

All sorts of lies abound about Fox News, the far-and-away most popular cable station.

Fox etc etc etc are still free to lie about everything, like that fascists are leftists lol...political gobbelygook/RW idiocy.
Only Fascists Assail Free Speech | Page 16 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

And this, in the same thread....

"...conservatives are more likely to watch biased "news" sources."

Now...where did blanko and the other guy get that misapprehension?

Here we go:

1. Every day, and in so very many ways, Obama proves himself to be emotionally, intellectually, and historically, ineligible for the presidency of the United States.
Proof of the above can be found in the United States Constitution.

"Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; ..."

a. "The protection given freedom of the press is one of the most unique provisions in the Bill of Rights because it protects the freedom of an institution as well as that of individuals.

...the governed must have the information necessary to make wise decisions about the people they elect and the policies they want those people to pursue. Unless the consent of the people is informed consent, the democratic basis of a free society rests on very shaky ground. " http://www.godlessinamerica.com/freepress.html

2. The Obama to whom I refer is the same Obama who, on March 30, 2007, at a fundraiser, said, "I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current presidentI actually respect the Constitution."

One might conclude that an individual who imagined himself to be "a constitutional law professor" would understand the importance of the first amendment, and a free press.

And...if he does.....he'd have to be some version of fascist to work against same.....wouldn't he?

3. "During an interview with President Obama that aired on CNBC yesterday, chief Washington correspondent John Harwood said, “When you and I spoke in January, you said — I observed that you hadn’t gotten much badpress. You said it’s coming.” Harwood added that since then, Obama still hasn’t received much critical press and wondered if his administration isn’t being “sufficiently held accountable.” Obama, however, disagreed:

OBAMA:It’s very hard for me to swallow that one. First of all, I’ve got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration. I mean, you know,...." Obama: ‘I’ve got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration.’

a. The above correctly suggests that, overwhelmingly, the press has done nothing but wave pom-poms for Obama....but it's not enough!

Imagine the Republicans in that position...a single news outlet opposed to 'em: They'd be tossing confetti.

Not good enough for Obama!
He wants a one-party system, and a monolithic press.

Obama's aim: " A Dictatorship rather than a Presidency"

Oh, another straw man. Maybe if you browsed the channels occasionally you'd see how wrong you are. Do we forget the 72-hr erection that Anderson Cooper had after the Benghazi attack?

Nor do I.

Could be?

Faux News Lapdog...

From the White House:

9. Now, for the truth.

"Fox News is the most trusted news network: poll"
Fox News is the most trusted news network: poll

There is a difference between being trusted and being trustworthy.

All sorts of lies abound about Fox News, the far-and-away most popular cable station.

Fox etc etc etc are still free to lie about everything, like that fascists are leftists lol...political gobbelygook/RW idiocy.
Only Fascists Assail Free Speech | Page 16 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

And this, in the same thread....

"...conservatives are more likely to watch biased "news" sources."

Now...where did blanko and the other guy get that misapprehension?

Here we go:

1. Every day, and in so very many ways, Obama proves himself to be emotionally, intellectually, and historically, ineligible for the presidency of the United States.
Proof of the above can be found in the United States Constitution.

"Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; ..."

a. "The protection given freedom of the press is one of the most unique provisions in the Bill of Rights because it protects the freedom of an institution as well as that of individuals.

...the governed must have the information necessary to make wise decisions about the people they elect and the policies they want those people to pursue. Unless the consent of the people is informed consent, the democratic basis of a free society rests on very shaky ground. " http://www.godlessinamerica.com/freepress.html

2. The Obama to whom I refer is the same Obama who, on March 30, 2007, at a fundraiser, said, "I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current presidentI actually respect the Constitution."

One might conclude that an individual who imagined himself to be "a constitutional law professor" would understand the importance of the first amendment, and a free press.

And...if he does.....he'd have to be some version of fascist to work against same.....wouldn't he?

3. "During an interview with President Obama that aired on CNBC yesterday, chief Washington correspondent John Harwood said, “When you and I spoke in January, you said — I observed that you hadn’t gotten much badpress. You said it’s coming.” Harwood added that since then, Obama still hasn’t received much critical press and wondered if his administration isn’t being “sufficiently held accountable.” Obama, however, disagreed:

OBAMA:It’s very hard for me to swallow that one. First of all, I’ve got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration. I mean, you know,...." Obama: ‘I’ve got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration.’

a. The above correctly suggests that, overwhelmingly, the press has done nothing but wave pom-poms for Obama....but it's not enough!

Imagine the Republicans in that position...a single news outlet opposed to 'em: They'd be tossing confetti.

Not good enough for Obama!
He wants a one-party system, and a monolithic press.

Obama's aim: " A Dictatorship rather than a Presidency"

Oh, another straw man. Maybe if you browsed the channels occasionally you'd see how wrong you are. Do we forget the 72-hr erection that Anderson Cooper had after the Benghazi attack?

Maybe if you read all of my posts in the thread, and recognize that every single one is accurate and true, linked, sourced, quoted....

....that you have been 'led down the garden path' by corrupt, malevolent elites of the Liberal persuasion.

See if you can find errors in any....or if you can construct a rebuttal that goes further than "is not, is not."

Double dog dare ya'

Forum List

Back