NYPD officer in Eric Garner case fired

/——-/ Empty your lungs and try to talk, then let us know how easy it is. Of course we don’t expect a straight answer from you.

I tried that when we first debated this and posted about it. I held my breath for quite awhile but could still talk.

Are you saying Garner was lying about not being able to breathe? And it was a coincidence that he died.
/—-/ I said empty your lungs, not hold your breath, you dolt.

How do you empty your lungs? LOL
/——/ we were taught in both martial arts and in scuba diving class. You exhale till nothing is left in your lungs. You big dope.

Why didn't you say that then? Ok, I blew out all the air I possibly could and can still talk. You've done this and can't talk? :laugh:

Holding your breath would more closely match the Garner situation. Either way you can still talk.
/——/ If there is no air in your lungs you can’t talk. You can BS all you want.

Actual being able to breath or not is irrelevant. The cops had no reason to put their hands on Garner and most certainly not with a banned chokehold .

I tried that when we first debated this and posted about it. I held my breath for quite awhile but could still talk.

Are you saying Garner was lying about not being able to breathe? And it was a coincidence that he died.

/——/ we were taught in both martial arts and in scuba diving class. You exhale till nothing is left in your lungs. You big dope.

Why didn't you say that then? Ok, I blew out all the air I possibly could and can still talk. You've done this and can't talk? :laugh:

Holding your breath would more closely match the Garner situation. Either way you can still talk.

Did you read what I posted earlier? Your lungs are never without some air.

Sign the Petition

The lungs have what are called "Volumes" and "Capacities". The link describes all of them. For our purposes, you need to understand these two phrases: Functional Reserve Capacity (the amount of air left in the lungs after a normal exhalation) and Expiratory Reserve Volume (the amount of air you can still force out of your lungs after a normal exhalation).

When you take a normal breath you breathe in and out you are breathing about 500ml of air. After breathing out, you are left with ~2400ml of air inside your lungs, this is the Functional Reserve Capacity. If you try to force out as much air as possible, you can still force out ~1200ml more air. This is the Expiratory Reserve Volume. This is air you are able to speak with even if you cannot take a normal breath. Important Note: Notice that the Expiratory Reserve Volume is more than twice the size of a normal breath. That is a lot of air you are able to force out, and a lot of speaking you can do even if you can't breathe.

Did you read what I posted earlier? Your lungs are never without some air.

Sign the Petition

The lungs have what are called "Volumes" and "Capacities". The link describes all of them. For our purposes, you need to understand these two phrases: Functional Reserve Capacity (the amount of air left in the lungs after a normal exhalation) and Expiratory Reserve Volume (the amount of air you can still force out of your lungs after a normal exhalation).

When you take a normal breath you breathe in and out you are breathing about 500ml of air. After breathing out, you are left with ~2400ml of air inside your lungs, this is the Functional Reserve Capacity. If you try to force out as much air as possible, you can still force out ~1200ml more air. This is the Expiratory Reserve Volume. This is air you are able to speak with even if you cannot take a normal breath. Important Note: Notice that the Expiratory Reserve Volume is more than twice the size of a normal breath. That is a lot of air you are able to force out, and a lot of speaking you can do even if you can't breathe.
/——/ Tard Can you speak without breathing?

So, Garner was getting a very small amount of air, enough to talk but not nearly enough to keep him alive.

How many times have you been choked?

None.

So how would you know if you can talk or not?

You must have missed my posts and the link in the last couple of pages.

How does ANYONE know one way or the other?

Live updates: NYPD officer Daniel Pantaleo fired - CNN

Not surprising, since the Judge reviewing the case recommended it, and the current Police Chief is nothing more than a DiBlasio shill.

Needless to say the PBA isn't happy about this:

4adfac9c-ecef-4c98-8060-018a08e19948.png
He should have been fired and convicted years ago. Illegal choke hold. Note the word illegal.

It was not proven conclusively that he used a "choke hold"

Yes it was.

Then why wasn't he prosecuted and convicted of a crime?

Not surprising, since the Judge reviewing the case recommended it, and the current Police Chief is nothing more than a DiBlasio shill.

He should have been fired and convicted years ago. Illegal choke hold. Note the word illegal.

Yes it was.

We have long excused illegal actions when they come from police officers. Garner was one of the drivers of change there. We still have a long ways to go but things are changing. You routinely now see police officers actually being held accountable.

Yes it was.

We have long excused illegal actions when they come from police officers. Garner was one of the drivers of change there. We still have a long ways to go but things are changing. You routinely now see police officers actually being held accountable.

That doesn't answer my question, nor does it prove conclusively he used a choke hold.

Yes it was.

That doesn't answer my question, nor does it prove conclusively he used a choke hold.

"Today's decision confirms what the Civilian Complaint Review Board always maintained: Officer Daniel Pantaleo committed misconduct on July 17, 2014, and his actions caused the death of Eric Garner," a statement read.

Officer Daniel Pantaleo in Eric Garner's death should be fired, judge recommends

Yes it was.

"Today's decision confirms what the Civilian Complaint Review Board always maintained: Officer Daniel Pantaleo committed misconduct on July 17, 2014, and his actions caused the death of Eric Garner," a statement read.

Officer Daniel Pantaleo in Eric Garner's death should be fired, judge recommends

One agency, and one Police commissioner with DiBlasio's dick in his mouth.

That isn't conclusive.

Yes it was.

One agency, and one Police commissioner with DiBlasio's dick in his mouth.

That isn't conclusive.

He's gone. He is the reason many after him have been fired and or prosecuted also. Let him be your poster boy of you wish.

Forum List

Back