NYPD officer in Eric Garner case fired

/——/ The choke hold was for violently resisting arrest which is not a misdemeanor. It’s a felony. Your lame diversion is a joke.

Never should have been arrested.

This is why we need to throw these corrupt cops in jail. Then they'll start getting the message.
/—-/ NYC democRATs passed a law prohibiting the sale of loose cigarettes (loosies) and the mayor told the police to enforce the law. The guy was a repeat offender. So once again the police are the problem and never the criminals. BTW I agree the loosies should be outlawed because criminals buy a pack of cigarettes for $10 and sell the loosies to kids for $1 each, maybe more. But you keep blaming the police for doing their job. It’s what you do best.

It's funny how you skip over the part that there is NO evidence he was "offending" on that day. You do not get to force someone to allow you to search them because you had done something in the past.

That is a civil rights violation and why the city did not put up a fight.

/——/ The choke hold was for violently resisting arrest which is not a misdemeanor. It’s a felony. Your lame diversion is a joke.

Never should have been arrested.

This is why we need to throw these corrupt cops in jail. Then they'll start getting the message.
/—-/ NYC democRATs passed a law prohibiting the sale of loose cigarettes (loosies) and the mayor told the police to enforce the law. The guy was a repeat offender. So once again the police are the problem and never the criminals. BTW I agree the loosies should be outlawed because criminals buy a pack of cigarettes for $10 and sell the loosies to kids for $1 each, maybe more. But you keep blaming the police for doing their job. It’s what you do best.

It's funny how you skip over the part that there is NO evidence he was "offending" on that day. You do not get to force someone to allow you to search them because you had done something in the past.

That is a civil rights violation and why the city did not put up a fight.
/—-/ We really need you to strap on a gun and badge and protect the community. You can always swing your purse at the loosie dealers and protect the City cigarette tax.

/—-/ If you can’t breathe then you can’t yell I can’t breathe.

That is a myth. There is always enough air to force out and speak with even if it is oxygen depleted air full of CO2.

There is always air in the mouth to speak with of course, but that doesn't mean it is making it to the lungs, especially when being choked.

Sign the Petition (The Pernicious Myth Of "If You Can Speak You Can Breathe" by 17th_knight)
/——-/ Empty your lungs and try to talk, then let us know how easy it is. Of course we don’t expect a straight answer from you.

Live updates: NYPD officer Daniel Pantaleo fired - CNN

Not surprising, since the Judge reviewing the case recommended it, and the current Police Chief is nothing more than a DiBlasio shill.

Needless to say the PBA isn't happy about this:

4adfac9c-ecef-4c98-8060-018a08e19948.png
He should have been fired and convicted years ago. Illegal choke hold. Note the word illegal.

That is a myth. There is always enough air to force out and speak with even if it is oxygen depleted air full of CO2.

There is always air in the mouth to speak with of course, but that doesn't mean it is making it to the lungs, especially when being choked.

Sign the Petition (The Pernicious Myth Of "If You Can Speak You Can Breathe" by 17th_knight)
/——-/ Empty your lungs and try to talk, then let us know how easy it is. Of course we don’t expect a straight answer from you.

I tried that when we first debated this and posted about it. I held my breath for quite awhile but could still talk.

Are you saying Garner was lying about not being able to breathe? And it was a coincidence that he died.

Not surprising, since the Judge reviewing the case recommended it, and the current Police Chief is nothing more than a DiBlasio shill.

He should have been fired and convicted years ago. Illegal choke hold. Note the word illegal.

It was not proven conclusively that he used a "choke hold"

Garner was still able to talk and breathe, he didn't die from asphyxiation.

And please show me the law where it says it is criminal to use a choke hold. It is against PROCEDURE.

Nothing more than ASSumption and supposition.

And the fact they wrote the man's family a six million dollar check.

KACHING!!!!

The problem here isn't the law... the problem is the cops using deadly force in a situation that didn't call for it. It's why I wouldn't want to get rid of the jaywalking laws if some RoboCop wannabee shot a jaywalker. The problem wasn't the law, it was the police conduct.

Nothing more than ASSumption and supposition.

And the fact they wrote the man's family a six million dollar check.

KACHING!!!!

The problem here isn't the law... the problem is the cops using deadly force in a situation that didn't call for it. It's why I wouldn't want to get rid of the jaywalking laws if some RoboCop wannabee shot a jaywalker. The problem wasn't the law, it was the police conduct.
/—-/ So you’re cool with criminals violating the laws as long as they resist arrest. Noted.

/—-/ So you’re cool with criminals violating the laws as long as they resist arrest. Noted.

I'm cool with the police assessing the situation and applying common sense.

You don't do a high speed chase through a residential neighborhood.

you don't shoot jaywalkers

you don't put a choke hold on a guy for selling single cigarettes.
/—-/ They are directed to arrest the loosie dealers. WTF are they supposed to do, invite him to the station house for pizza?

It was not proven conclusively that he used a "choke hold"

Yes it was.

/—-/ They are directed to arrest the loosie dealers. WTF are they supposed to do, invite him to the station house for pizza?

He wasn't selling loosies that day. They decided to run him in because the people they were after ran away.
/—-/ This radical left wing says you’re wrong. Eric Garner Was Choked to Death for Selling LoosiesL

No it doesn't

The cops were less interested in the fight than in asking Garner whether he was selling loose cigarettes or “loosies,” which is illegal. “Every time you see me, you wanna arrest me".

I tried that when we first debated this and posted about it. I held my breath for quite awhile but could still talk.

Are you saying Garner was lying about not being able to breathe? And it was a coincidence that he died.
/—-/ I said empty your lungs, not hold your breath, you dolt.

How do you empty your lungs? LOL

/——/ we were taught in both martial arts and in scuba diving class. You exhale till nothing is left in your lungs. You big dope.

/——/ we were taught in both martial arts and in scuba diving class. You exhale till nothing is left in your lungs. You big dope.

Why didn't you say that then? Ok, I blew out all the air I possibly could and can still talk. You've done this and can't talk? :laugh:

Holding your breath would more closely match the Garner situation. Either way you can still talk.

Forum List

Back