NYC School Children Heckled By Adults While Singing “God Bless the USA”

CaféAuLait;5479342 said:
CaféAuLait;5479314 said:
I totally get that. Tell me why a country song should not be played in the City? That is what makes her statement funny, because it makes NO SENSE. I don't care if he served or not, he is praising all the troops who have died.

Exactly. It's hysterical. I guess you can't play "city songs" in the country now either.:cuckoo:

It's nothing more than an excuse and a not even a lame one, it's that stupid!

ETA to add:

Can't play Country songs in the City and you can't write songs about the troops unless you have served. Whose making up these rules?

If these are the new type of rules, Weird Al is shit out of luck on an extended career. He doesn't fit a category.

:D

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;5479177 said:
We saw the other side. They were screaming obscenities, calling people racist, and saying "the stars and stripes, what does it mean? no one know".

BTY it wasn't the Tea Party anthem it was Proud to be an American which was passed over for a Justin Beiber song.

Why are the kids being asked to sing the Tea Party anthem in the mist of Republican campaign elections signs? The parents didn't give their permission. They have ever right to be pissed at having their kids used in a political stunt like this. The principal should be called on the carpet.

The parents planned the event. ( link above) Turner reached out to them and attended too. Why do you keep stating that the parents did not give permission when they planned the event? The counter protestors ( those who did not want the kids to follow through with singing the song) were there from the president of the PTA to other teachers with their children.
Sorry, the article I read said all the parents did not give their permission, but the other articles seem to indicate otherwise.

CaféAuLait;5478778 said:
CaféAuLait;5478730 said:
I don't care what it was. You don't shout at children they are going to hell.

They were not shouting at the children! They were shouting at the politician.

You need to watch the video again the first man that starts shouting is directing his speech to the kids. "You all are going to burn in Hell" Burn in HELL".

Ok, so the guy's an asshole. But I fail to see how liberals get the blame.

CaféAuLait;5479177 said:
Why are the kids being asked to sing the Tea Party anthem in the mist of Republican campaign elections signs? The parents didn't give their permission. They have ever right to be pissed at having their kids used in a political stunt like this. The principal should be called on the carpet.

The parents planned the event. ( link above) Turner reached out to them and attended too. Why do you keep stating that the parents did not give permission when they planned the event? The counter protestors ( those who did not want the kids to follow through with singing the song) were there from the president of the PTA to other teachers with their children.
Sorry, the article I read said all the parents did not give their permission, but the other articles seem to indicate otherwise.

I'm sure your article was right, it just ignored the fact that the children of the parents who didn't give permission were not there singing.

CaféAuLait;5478721 said:
no wonder the kids will grow up being candidates for prison.

Because they sang a song?

No, Bart Simpson believes they will grow up to be candidates for prison because they are minorities. But leftists can't be racist, so it's ok.

just like it's okay for Bill Mahr to infer Alan West is an ape in his latest blog post. Maher on Allen West: GOP 'Party of the Apes'

Just like it's okay for Ed Shultz to call Laura Ingram a right wing slut.

They are hypocrites to the core.

It would probably be because of the way the adults acted. But thanks for trying to speak for me.
Anyway, the stats of the % speaks for themselves. So it is a logical conclusion.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;5478721 said:
Because they sang a song?

No, Bart Simpson believes they will grow up to be candidates for prison because they are minorities. But leftists can't be racist, so it's ok.

just like it's okay for Bill Mahr to infer Alan West is an ape in his latest blog post. Maher on Allen West: GOP 'Party of the Apes'

It would probably be because of the way the adults acted. But thanks for trying to speak for me.
Anyway, the stats of the % speaks for themselves. So it is a logical conclusion.

That's strange, IMO. Some idiots who were not their parents screamed at the children and then the children end up in prison? :eusa_eh:

CaféAuLait;5479800 said:

That's strange, IMO. Some idiots who were not their parents screamed at the children and then the children end up in prison? :eusa_eh:

yes, it is confusing.

Sad, Some of those kids looked terrified of those liberal idiots..

What an awful display.

A group of New York City school children were not allowed to sing “God Bless the USA” in school during their Kindergarten graduation ceremony. So, the children went to a playground to sing it where a group of adults heckled them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X3Hkx-Liwk]Bob Turner's Patriotic Presser 6-18-12 - YouTube[/ame]

at about three minutes they are asked if they want to sing it again and they all say NO

Sad, Some of those kids looked terrified of those liberal idiots..

What an awful display.

A group of New York City school children were not allowed to sing “God Bless the USA” in school during their Kindergarten graduation ceremony. So, the children went to a playground to sing it where a group of adults heckled them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X3Hkx-Liwk]Bob Turner's Patriotic Presser 6-18-12 - YouTube[/ame]

at about three minutes they are asked if they want to sing it again and they all say NO

As an adult I probably would have said "No" too, after being screamed at and being told I was going to burn in hell. Nice way to treat little kids! :eusa_hand:

CaféAuLait;5478778 said:
They were not shouting at the children! They were shouting at the politician.

You need to watch the video again the first man that starts shouting is directing his speech to the kids. "You all are going to burn in Hell" Burn in HELL".

Ok, so the guy's an asshole. But I fail to see how liberals get the blame.

I can't view the video but I found a transcript. I think we can be certain that the hecklers were not Republican or Tea Party.

Some were offended by the principal’s decision, prompting Rep. Bob Turner, who is running for the U.S. Senate, to organize the event on Tuesday morning.

Shortly after the ceremony began, chaos ensued.

“You Republicans come go to a Republican area and do that, we don’t do that here,” one protester said. “This is ridiculous, this is sad. This is so crazy. This is sad.”

“Excuse me sir, can you let the kids sing please?” a man presumed to be a Turner staffer interjected.

The heckler immediately screamed “No!” and added “The kids don’t even know what they’re singing! They got something you tell them to say! It’s ridiculous! It’s sad, sad, sad. Y’all are going to burn in hell! You all burn in hell! Shame on you! Shame on you!”

After the kids finished singing, the children began to chant “USA! USA! USA!” to drown out the protesters, but the chanting failed to deter the hecklers.

Read more: Children singing 'God Bless the USA' are heckled by man screaming 'burn in hell' | The Daily Caller

So now to sing a "country" song in the "city" is wrong. And if you are a" Republican" you obviously have no right to sing" God Bless the USA" in a Democrat neighborhood.

There are just so many rules I didn't know about. :cuckoo:

If the school knew it was going to be unpleasent why did they force the kids to sing it?

Because they didnt care about the kids

who picked the song.

I bet it wasnt the kids

Their TEACHERS picked it and they were going to sing it until the Principal said they could not because it may offend some cultures. So they staged the protest to sing it anyway with their parents permission. The principal is a Jehovah Witness and would have objections to the song given her religion. I do not know if that is why she rejected it though.

Forum List

Back