NYC Mayor Guarantees Comprehensive Health Care for All in Historic Surprise Announcement

If you thought the cost of living in NYC was expensive now, wait until the health care is "free"

New York City will begin guaranteeing comprehensive health care to every single resident regardless of someone's ability to pay or immigration status, an unprecedented plan that will protect the more than half-a-million New Yorkers currently using the ER as a primary provider, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

It's not health insurance, his spokesman clarified after the surprise announcement on MSNBC Tuesday morning.

"This is the city paying for direct comprehensive care (not just ERs) for people who can't afford it, or can't get comprehensive Medicaid — including 300,000 undocumented New Yorkers," spokesman Eric Phillips tweeted.

NYC Guarantees Comprehensive Health Care for All
Wait. The best part, absolutely the best is that it will only cost $100MM to cover 600,000 people! $167/year!!

The private market is so stupid!!

Government is so much more efficient!!!

If you thought the cost of living in NYC was expensive now, wait until the health care is "free"

New York City will begin guaranteeing comprehensive health care to every single resident regardless of someone's ability to pay or immigration status, an unprecedented plan that will protect the more than half-a-million New Yorkers currently using the ER as a primary provider, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

It's not health insurance, his spokesman clarified after the surprise announcement on MSNBC Tuesday morning.

"This is the city paying for direct comprehensive care (not just ERs) for people who can't afford it, or can't get comprehensive Medicaid — including 300,000 undocumented New Yorkers," spokesman Eric Phillips tweeted.

Very interesting post.

"There will be no tax hikes to fund it, the mayor said." NYC will pony up the at least 100 million to fund the program to cover 600,000. If I read that correctly, seems really cheap in preventative care maintenance instead of waiting til folks wind up in the ED. Hope it works.

Is this like Obama money?

You tell me.

I just did.

No, that was a question. I take it you did not read the OPs link.

Very interesting post.

"There will be no tax hikes to fund it, the mayor said." NYC will pony up the at least 100 million to fund the program to cover 600,000. If I read that correctly, seems really cheap in preventative care maintenance instead of waiting til folks wind up in the ED. Hope it works.

You tell me.

I just did.

Of course I did.
I'm not a leftist. So where will the money come from?

It's awesome that we have so many experts here. They all know so much about how to run a city!

LOL, HC is what I do. Wait until those good Lefty New Yawers get hit with the bill ;)

It's what you do?

You run municipal health care programs?

(smile) I am a Health Care consultant. They will revolt when they get the bill.

Did your premiums triple under Obamacare?

Very interesting post.

You tell me.

I just did.

Of course I did.

Why the rich like Pelosi of course.

It's awesome that we have so many experts here. They all know so much about how to run a city!

LOL, HC is what I do. Wait until those good Lefty New Yawers get hit with the bill ;)

It's what you do?

Don't be silly. Individual Premiums did. I am one of the fortunate ones who has very good Group Insurance.

Especially POYUS apologists that think that a failed businessman can run the US federal government.
Very interesting post.

You tell me.

I just did.

Of course I did.

Read it again. The info you seek is in the article.

Especially POYUS apologists that think that a failed businessman can run the US federal government.

Of course I did.

What a tard.....
So where did the money come from? barry money?
Magic money from thin air? Surely you have an answer?

Of course I did.

What a tard.....
The mayor already said taxes would not be raised to pay for this. That the city would cover the additional cost. You didn't read the OP link.

It's what you do?

Don't be silly. Individual Premiums did. I am one of the fortunate ones who has very good Group Insurance.

Really. Have your deductibles gone up? Co-pays?

Maybe you do in fact a super high paying job that hasn't had the increase, but you would be the first I've heard of. Unless you are a government employee.

The companies I worked for, the premiums all went up, but the deductibles doubled or more. So while the premiums did not triple... your coverage was significantly lower.

I just did.

Of course I did.

What a tard.....
The mayor already said taxes would not be raised to pay for this. That the city would cover the additional cost. You didn't read the OP link.

Yeah, and I can tell you my plan will be paid for by the tooth fairy, and some leprechauns I have held captive in the basement.

I'm telling you, this is BS. The city does not have endless money to provide health care for people. He is full of crap. Taxes will have to be drastically raised.

Gavin Newsome is promising the same thing. It will interesting to watch their "constituents" react when the cost hits them.

Yup. I can see folks bailing out of Cali and NY as fast as they can load the vehicles.

Lefties sure are stupid.
Then they will fuck up the other states they move too. Oh Joy.

Of course I did.

What a tard.....

Yeah, and I can tell you my plan will be paid for by the tooth fairy, and some leprechauns I have held captive in the basement.

I'm telling you, this is BS. The city does not have endless money to provide health care for people. He is full of crap. Taxes will have to be drastically raised.
Of course he is full of crap. After one office visit the allotted $$ per person would dry up. Then folks will be screwed for the rest of the year. lol

Forum List

Back