NY Times says that Trump asked Comey to stop Flynn investigation. But why are all sources anonymous?

In fact, nearly every report purporting to make Trump look bad on any subject, comes from hard-left newspapers, and most have only anonymous sources. So there's nobody investigators can put on the stand and question about what they saw and heard.

How convenient.

BTW, how are the Democrats doing in finding the people in Russia who hacked our election? Any sources we can question? Any descriptions of which people they influenced, so we can question them?

Well, what do you know. No names. No specific actions found, no evidence at all.

Seems to be an emerging pattern in all these "blockbuster" reports from Democrat sources.

BTW, Comey had a chance to testify before Congress. Why didn't he mention any such request from Trump to shut down any investigation? Didn't even bring up the memo this "report" now points to as their chief (and only) source.

And why don't any of the screeching, outraged Democrats display any curiosity about these questions?
Yet a DNC staff member is dead. Two shots in the back. The killers didn't steal anything of value. Why?
We have a Hannity fan I see. Don't chase the shiney object

The sources were anonymous that said Trump gave the Russians classified information, and you people claimed that proved the story wasn't true...

...and then Trump admitted he did it.

Comey is a former prosecutor, and attorneys are trained to memorialize conversations in the immediate aftermath as a record against future developments. When I was a county attorney I did the same on a very regular basis, and in very contentious situations would share the memo with a trusted colleague contemporaneously in order to further validate the recording. This is a very common practice and Comey has a longstanding record for doing such, as he did when working under Ashcroft in the Bush administration.

Trump is a criminal.
^^^Listen to this dumb asshole. Pretends she was an attorney and convicts someone without any evidence. You can't fix that kind of stupid.

Hey BoTox, stop stealing our air.

Comey is a former prosecutor, and attorneys are trained to memorialize conversations in the immediate aftermath as a record against future developments. When I was a county attorney I did the same on a very regular basis, and in very contentious situations would share the memo with a trusted colleague contemporaneously in order to further validate the recording. This is a very common practice and Comey has a longstanding record for doing such, as he did when working under Ashcroft in the Bush administration.

Trump is a criminal.

Not only is Trump dishonest, he is unfit to remain in the office of President of the United States.

In fact, nearly every report purporting to make Trump look bad on any subject, comes from hard-left newspapers, and most have only anonymous sources. So there's nobody investigators can put on the stand and question about what they saw and heard.

How convenient.

BTW, how are the Democrats doing in finding the people in Russia who hacked our election? Any sources we can question? Any descriptions of which people they influenced, so we can question them?

Well, what do you know. No names. No specific actions found, no evidence at all.

Seems to be an emerging pattern in all these "blockbuster" reports from Democrat sources.

BTW, Comey had a chance to testify before Congress. Why didn't he mention any such request from Trump to shut down any investigation? Didn't even bring up the memo this "report" now points to as their chief (and only) source.

And why don't any of the screeching, outraged Democrats display any curiosity about these questions?

Why is it all the information coming out about ISIS is from anonymous sources. Oh, you're willing to accept those, aren't you?

Comey took notes of his interaction with President Trump, or so it is claimed. Such notes are evidence, and if they were time stamped in February, President Pence seems to have gotten the gold ring.

Then we have to worry about Ayatollah Pence and his believe in holy ghosts. Good grief, where is Nixon now that we need him.

ok - i write down a bunch of stuff on paper and tell you this is what someone said.

that's suddenly proof? i'm sure to liberals and anti-trump people its more than enough. hell, trump breathing is enough for them to want him gone.

but i fail to see how handwritten notes are damning to anything or anyone and can be counted on to be the truth.

Comey: Hey Trump - remember when you said xyz... (pointing to notes)
Trump: No.

ok - so what makes it factual and actual proof? other than trump hatred which is not good enough. there's a reason lady justice is blind and people on both sides keep forgetting that little fact. the laws are not written for a single side to take advantage of - they're written for us all to follow and be held to.

ALL OF US.

so if in these notes it can be proven trump said what he wrote down, how do we know he really wrote those notes and how do we know he didn't just say what he felt like saying? suddenly comey's word is gold when to libs just a few months ago it was nails on a chalkboard.

not followed much this am on the ties here so i'll go do some reading but it will take a stretch for me to go from "notes" to "facts" just because comey said so.

from the NYT article:

"Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. It was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations."

and? he wrote down a memo after the meeting. we are now counting on 1 mans honesty and integrity to be truthful in this conversation and the people who now proclaim him their knight in shining armor is the very one they blame for hillarys loss. he was a loser then who couldn't be trusted now what he writes down in private with no link to the actual story involved is suddenly golden true.

sorry. bull-shit. the left would NEVER FUCKING ALLOW that to pass and now they run to it like a fat kid to cake.

gonna need a lot more than a random note to say trump did what they claim. now he very well may have - no doubt. but a man writing it down on a piece of paper doesn't make what he writes true.

get a meeting with bill gates somehow and then afterwards write down on a piece of paper that he said he'd give you $10mil and see how far that flies.

Bottom line: this turmoil about the fired disgruntle employee Comey is just a distraction to congress,
meant to prevent Trumps healthcare bill or his proposed budget from passage.

Bottom line: this turmoil about the fired disgruntle employee Comey is just a distraction to congress,
meant to prevent Trumps healthcare bill or his proposed budget from passage.

I think we are well into Watergate level abuse here.

Trump tells Comey to drop the Flynn matter.
Comey refuses.
Trump fires Comey.

This isn't complicated. This is textbook obstruction of justice and abuse of power. It's what Nixon was caught doing and what Ken Starr spent 70 million dollars trying to prove Clinton did.

The thing is, James Comey - republican FBI Director - has a lot more credibility than a pudgy intern.

How convenient.

To answer your title question, because they would be thrown in prison for treason.

from the NYT article:

"Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. It was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations."

and? he wrote down a memo after the meeting. we are now counting on 1 mans honesty and integrity to be truthful in this conversation and the people who now proclaim him their knight in shining armor is the very one they blame for hillarys loss. he was a loser then who couldn't be trusted now what he writes down in private with no link to the actual story involved is suddenly golden true.

sorry. bull-shit. the left would NEVER FUCKING ALLOW that to pass and now they run to it like a fat kid to cake.

gonna need a lot more than a random note to say trump did what they claim. now he very well may have - no doubt. but a man writing it down on a piece of paper doesn't make what he writes true.

get a meeting with bill gates somehow and then afterwards write down on a piece of paper that he said he'd give you $10mil and see how far that flies.
Iceberg, Trump's track record on telling completely inaccurate statements is pretty impressive. He has needed "translation" by his staff all along to clean up his misstatements. I'm afraid you're not going to win this fight. Trump's credibility is in the toilet.

from the NYT article:

Iceberg, Trump's track record on telling completely inaccurate statements is pretty impressive. He has needed "translation" by his staff all along to clean up his misstatements. I'm afraid you're not going to win this fight. Trump's credibility is in the toilet.

except i don't give a damn about his cred. the medias credibility is there also with me.

when CNN can edit videos (st louis riots - WE NEED OUR WEAVES - I DON'T WEAR THEM BUT WE NEED THEM) to cut out the stupid and portray only a peaceful people by not telling the entire story - you have zero cred.

when the media like katie couric can make anti-gun movies and make up reactions for the other side - they have no credibility.

now if the media were fair in their handling of trump and his "inaccuracies" i'd listen more and pay attention more. but when they make shit up and ignore the other side for doing the same?

trump told russia a secret - impeach!!! all we heard yesterday.

but when obama did it - some excuse is pulled out of their collective asses it hurts.

so rest assured i am not ever defending trump - i'm attacking blind attacks on anyone cause you don't like them.

and since i was in journalism for awhile, i get really annoyed when i see 90% of them become the national enquirer but demand the same level of respect as when they just told the news.

i can see why people think i'm defending trump - but far from it. i'm defending rights and asking people to use the same measuring stick for all. that does seem to confuse a lot of people who feel their emotions are enough to justify their actions.

from the NYT article:

except i don't give a damn about his cred. the medias credibility is there also with me.

when CNN can edit videos (st louis riots - WE NEED OUR WEAVES - I DON'T WEAR THEM BUT WE NEED THEM) to cut out the stupid and portray only a peaceful people by not telling the entire story - you have zero cred.

when the media like katie couric can make anti-gun movies and make up reactions for the other side - they have no credibility.

now if the media were fair in their handling of trump and his "inaccuracies" i'd listen more and pay attention more. but when they make shit up and ignore the other side for doing the same?

trump told russia a secret - impeach!!! all we heard yesterday.

but when obama did it - some excuse is pulled out of their collective asses it hurts.

so rest assured i am not ever defending trump - i'm attacking blind attacks on anyone cause you don't like them.

and since i was in journalism for awhile, i get really annoyed when i see 90% of them become the national enquirer but demand the same level of respect as when they just told the news.

i can see why people think i'm defending trump - but far from it. i'm defending rights and asking people to use the same measuring stick for all. that does seem to confuse a lot of people who feel their emotions are enough to justify their actions.
Your examples of lack of credibility by the PRESS are quite different from what I was talking about--Trump vs. COMEY.

Your examples of lack of credibility by the PRESS are quite different from what I was talking about--Trump vs. COMEY.

if you're not credible to me (aka, the press) where am i supposed to get unbiased information what trump is doing that is so wrong?

the press that at every turn demonizes him while falling over standards of fair play? can i count on them to give me fair and accurate news on trumps lies and confusion tactics?

i do struggle with this - so you tell me. where can i go to find unbiased information on how bad trump is?

and if it's true that since comey didn't report this "obstruction" right away he's guilty too - where does that put us? am i supposed to simply believe comey is being honest when he wrote down the notes?

How convenient.

It's all lies and fake news. Obviously. LOL

if you're not credible to me (aka, the press) where am i supposed to get unbiased information what trump is doing that is so wrong?

the press that at every turn demonizes him while falling over standards of fair play? can i count on them to give me fair and accurate news on trumps lies and confusion tactics?

i do struggle with this - so you tell me. where can i go to find unbiased information on how bad trump is?

and if it's true that since comey didn't report this "obstruction" right away he's guilty too - where does that put us? am i supposed to simply believe comey is being honest when he wrote down the notes?
Having had a boss once who forced me to CYA with documenting conversations and printing "smoking gun" emails that were sheer harassment and eventually acted upon by the union, I can certainly believe that Comey documented stuff. He saw Trump coming. He was ready to defend himself and he documented situations the same way throughout his career according to people who have worked with him in the past. I don't see why he would have to run anywhere with Trump's comment about Flynn unless Trump pushed it. Which he didn't. He just fired Comey. LOL.

If everyone is reporting the same basic facts--that Trump gave information to the Russians that was produced by foreign intelligence and it caused a minor flap for our CIA and NSA--for instance, I don't have a problem believing that. Why do you? Israel remarked on it, so it obviously wasn't made up. (PM said it was no biggie.) All the reaction and analysis, of course you can take with a grain of salt. It is up to you whether it was terribly "wrong."

Last edited:
1 - great. i don't deny he wrote something down. i deny that it's valid evidence of the conversation happening just as he said it did. to go that route means anyone writing down their notes of a convo is now legally binding as fact and that isn't going to happen in too many courts i can think of outside of the court of public opinion which has already made up their mind.

2 - great. he did it. it was stupid. i don't believe to date i've said he didn't do it. all i said that got this response is that overall i don't trust the media to be honest in how they report news about trump. this doesn't mean i trust what trump says, it means i think both sides are full of shit and we're stuck in the middle of their crapfest.

Why? because they are liars and should be prosecuted.

Deep Throat was an anonymous source and he told the truth.

We should be grateful for the leakers. They have the integrity and love of country you lack. They're prepared to put their lives on the line to get the truth out to the American people.

How convenient.

NYTimes doesn't want to lead their articles with, "Obama told us...."

Forum List

Back