NY Times says that Trump asked Comey to stop Flynn investigation. But why are all sources anonymous?

Comey has committed 'Obstruction of Justice' plain and simple. He should have reported Trump's alleged request about Flynn back on Feb 14. Under the law Comey is required to inform the Dept of Justice of any attempts to Obstruct Justice. He didn't!
Trumps comment was inappropriate but not an order and not a direct obstruction of justice. I don't believe Comey has claimed that it was and this didn't have a responsibility to report it.

The case for obstruction is not very strong but it does exist when all factors are considered

That can be said about allot of things. This is nothing more then character assassination. To say there is anything more is just not true.

Really? You don't think there is anything inappropriate going on? You would have been cool with Obama doing this with Comey regarding the Clinton investigation?

If you objected to Bills meeting with Lynch you shouldn't be saying what you're saying right now. Makes you a complete hypocrite

If there was such an attempt by Trump, Comey was obligated to report it to DoJ.

He didn't.

There wasn't.

The director of the FBI is obligated to report to the Dept. of Justice? Obligated by law? if so, what law required him to do so, and who was he to report such a "crime" to? Jeff Sessions? That would be foolish.

Oval Office, trump had the room cleared and is accused of tElling Comey to back off when they were one on one. You cool with that?

And no one has come out and said that excep for this secret memo Comey wrote. That's also a complete 180 from what I heard. I was under the impression Trump asked over dinner. Still, that's not to good for Comey because as an officer of the court and director of the FBI it was his suits to take that inappropriate behavior as well as his notes and memos to the powers that be. Why diddnt he do that?
The dinner is where Trump asked if he was being investigated and he also asked for Comey's loyalty. If Comey didn't feel like Trumps statement was obstructing justice or effecting his ability to do the investigation then why would he report it. He documented it because that was what he has done for years and it appears to be useful for him to now disclose them. Not very good for Trump though
dude, you fking write these things like you were there for every fking trump event. hly shit. WTF is wrong with you. You don't know shit about any of this tinkerbell.
Im speaking to whats being reported. I've also recognized that what is reported is not always true, in time I think more of the gaps will be filled in. Reread your last comment... talk about becoming unglued. get a mirror.

You are saying something was reported. Nothing was. Insinuations were made, a scandal a week was reported and so far all have come to nothing. Not falling for the bull shit or trying to appear reasonable is not coming in glued. Really, your not doing anything different then the other line telling lies on here. You are just trying to look scream less. You still have yet to point out any facts that were reported let alone proven.
Oh there are plenty of FACTS that warrant this discussion. We have a fired National Security Advisor, a recused Attorney General, a recused head investigation in the house, the firing of the head of the FBI, meetings with the Russians closed off to US press, admissions to sharing information with these Russian officials, and now these accusations about the Trump/Comey relationship. I'd say there is plenty of bait in the water.

And no one has come out and said that excep for this secret memo Comey wrote. That's also a complete 180 from what I heard. I was under the impression Trump asked over dinner. Still, that's not to good for Comey because as an officer of the court and director of the FBI it was his suits to take that inappropriate behavior as well as his notes and memos to the powers that be. Why diddnt he do that?
The dinner is where Trump asked if he was being investigated and he also asked for Comey's loyalty. If Comey didn't feel like Trumps statement was obstructing justice or effecting his ability to do the investigation then why would he report it. He documented it because that was what he has done for years and it appears to be useful for him to now disclose them. Not very good for Trump though
dude, you fking write these things like you were there for every fking trump event. hly shit. WTF is wrong with you. You don't know shit about any of this tinkerbell.
Im speaking to whats being reported. I've also recognized that what is reported is not always true, in time I think more of the gaps will be filled in. Reread your last comment... talk about becoming unglued. get a mirror.

You are saying something was reported. Nothing was. Insinuations were made, a scandal a week was reported and so far all have come to nothing. Not falling for the bull shit or trying to appear reasonable is not coming in glued. Really, your not doing anything different then the other line telling lies on here. You are just trying to look scream less. You still have yet to point out any facts that were reported let alone proven.
Oh there are plenty of FACTS that warrant this discussion. We have a fired National Security Advisor, a recused Attorney General, a recused head investigation in the house, the firing of the head of the FBI, meetings with the Russians closed off to US press, admissions to sharing information with these Russian officials, and now these accusations about the Trump/Comey relationship. I'd say there is plenty of bait in the water.
how is any of that something to report on other than it happened?

hillary had a lot of facts against her also. didn't seem to matter. that's what needs to change. laws should be enforced and i don't give an unholy hell who you are or if i like you or not.

lady justice is blindfolded for a reason.

Comey has committed 'Obstruction of Justice' plain and simple. He should have reported Trump's alleged request about Flynn back on Feb 14. Under the law Comey is required to inform the Dept of Justice of any attempts to Obstruct Justice. He didn't!
Trumps comment was inappropriate but not an order and not a direct obstruction of justice. I don't believe Comey has claimed that it was and this didn't have a responsibility to report it.

The case for obstruction is not very strong but it does exist when all factors are considered

That can be said about allot of things. This is nothing more then character assassination. To say there is anything more is just not true.
Really? You don't think there is anything inappropriate going on? You would have been cool with Obama doing this with Comey regarding the Clinton investigation?

If you objected to Bills meeting with Lynch you shouldn't be saying what you're saying right now. Makes you a complete hypocrite
sure why not? I mean he should have come forward on the meet with Bill. he didn't. huh? you don't think he should have been fired for not reporting that? wow.

AGAIN, i'm speaking to whats being reported. I"m recognizing that it could be true and could be false. Whats wrong with you and why do I have to keep repeating myself. Do you not understand? If you don't want to speculate then don't join the conversation. We are all working with the same limited intel.

why and for what purpose? you hate trump so any intel you get now is only going to be used to justify how you feel. however, i *do* greatly appreciate your keeping a civil tone in all this (doing better than me to be honest at times) and i fully respect that. thank you.
I don't hate Trump. I was really hoping he would do good as our president. I am extremely disappointed by how he has acted. Both in the campaign and now as our leader.

and there is no memo. they haven't posted a memo, they didn't talk to comey. those two things ought to tell you it's a fairytale. but noooooooooooooooo you keep making stupid statements.
AGAIN, i'm speaking to whats being reported. I"m recognizing that it could be true and could be false. Whats wrong with you and why do I have to keep repeating myself. Do you not understand? If you don't want to speculate then don't join the conversation. We are all working with the same limited intel.
why could it 'be' true? nothing has been true. it's all been faked. You are one truly whacked out individual. wow. you report on fiction.
There are many lies and many truths being pumped out there. For you to think its all lies means you are hiding in ignorance from the truth.

hillary had a lot of facts against her also. didn't seem to matter. that's what needs to change. laws should be enforced and i don't give an unholy hell who you are or if i like you or not.

It did matter, she lost the election because of it. There very likely could have been a case against her. It was Comey's judgement that said that there wasn't a criminal case. I understand that it wasn't his place to make that statement. He did it because of the controversy with Lynch, but that was for the DOJ to decide. Regardless, I don't think its true that she suffered no consequences from her shady actions.

It did matter, she lost the election because of it. There very likely could have been a case against her. It was Comey's judgement that said that there wasn't a criminal case. I understand that it wasn't his place to make that statement. He did it because of the controversy with Lynch, but that was for the DOJ to decide. Regardless, I don't think its true that she suffered no consequences from her shady actions.
no legal ramifications i mean.

Meh, Hillary was never going to be. The only reason she even got to go places is because Bill was with her. That aside, Robert Muller as special counsel! You have to be okay with that right?

no legal ramifications i mean.
I think she very well could have faced legal charges. I think intent played a role as she was a public servant and she showed poor judgement by using a personal email account but they didn't find intentional spreading of info or criminal activity. I understand why many disagree with that judgement, but I also understand the rational of it. I would have liked to see some accountability. The timing was unfortunate being so close to the election as it was extremely politicized

Last edited:

Meh, Hillary was never going to be. The only reason she even got to go places is because Bill was with her. That aside, Robert Muller as special counsel! You have to be okay with that right?
Yeah, I think he is a great choice

Breaking News

Here are the statutes Comey broke for not turning over the memo "Immediately" to the Dept of Justice after his meeting with Trump on February 14:

18 U.S. Code § 4 - Misprision of felony

28 U.S. Code § 1361 - Action to compel an officer of the United States to perform his duty
Thats funny. Your first law "Misprision of felony" doesn't even come close to applying to this situation. But the second one could if Comey felt that Trump was trying to compel him to end the investigation. Beyond that I don't think the law says that Comey or an officer must report these crimes. I believe there is a level of discretion involved with what they pursue. Perhaps Comey thought the conversation hit a gray area that was worth noting but not worth formally pursuing charges on. We are talking about the President of the United States after all. I think Comey would have been pretty foolish to run to the DOJ to report that Trump told him that he hoped Comey could end the Flynn investigation.

good. so we're done with the bullshit of trying to say the trump/comey meeting is on par with the clinton/lynch one. right? they're not. nothing to do with each other. i'll stop bringing it up if you stop trying to link 'em. deal?

now - we don't know what was said but much like we don't know what evidence ANYONE has on trump/russia - liberals don't give a fuck. trump is guilty and the evidence will come along soon and make me right.

WAH gimme binky!!!

WHEN we know what was said AND THE CONTEXT being it THEN we can have a rational discussion. until then we're bitching and whining at each other on nothing more than guesses, suppositions and wishing trump harm usually.

so anyone saying NOT GOOD FOR TRUMP is ONLY DOING IT cause they don't like trump and FUCK FACTS. they'll come along later.

I disagree. Democrats don't need to convict or impeach, only impede.

And, of course, that is the goal...to impede. On the other hand, that is SO obvious that I think the Democrats are going to pay an unexpected price for their behavior in the future. I think they would have been better served to focus on doing things that the American people NEED rather than spend all their time obstructing and impeding.

Breaking News

Here are the statutes Comey broke for not turning over the memo "Immediately" to the Dept of Justice after his meeting with Trump on February 14:

18 U.S. Code § 4 - Misprision of felony

28 U.S. Code § 1361 - Action to compel an officer of the United States to perform his duty
Thats funny. Your first law "Misprision of felony" doesn't even come close to applying to this situation. But the second one could if Comey felt that Trump was trying to compel him to end the investigation. Beyond that I don't think the law says that Comey or an officer must report these crimes. I believe there is a level of discretion involved with what they pursue. Perhaps Comey thought the conversation hit a gray area that was worth noting but not worth formally pursuing charges on. We are talking about the President of the United States after all. I think Comey would have been pretty foolish to run to the DOJ to report that Trump told him that he hoped Comey could end the Flynn investigation.

"Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

Obstruction of Justice rises to the level of a felony when:
  • section 1503 (felony provision that targets efforts to influence or injure a court officer or juror, as well as other obstructionary efforts);

Breaking Everywhere!

Comey Under Oath: Trump NEVER Pressured FBI to Halt Investigations “It’s Not Happened”

www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/05/smoking-gun-comey-testified-oathtrump-never-pressured-fbi-halt-investigations/

The DOJ operates under Trump. The head of the DOJ works at the pleasure of the POTUS - they are in contact regularly and work together often.

Comey's testimony is fundamentally a game changer........ "in my experience" - meaning "in ALL my experiences" there has never been pressure to end an investigation.

That would have to include Trump

Breaking Everywhere!

Comey Under Oath: Trump NEVER Pressured FBI to Halt Investigations “It’s Not Happened”

www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/05/smoking-gun-comey-testified-oathtrump-never-pressured-fbi-halt-investigations/

The DOJ operates under Trump. The head of the DOJ works at the pleasure of the POTUS - they are in contact regularly and work together often.

Comey's testimony is fundamentally a game changer........ "in my experience" - meaning "in ALL my experiences" there has never been pressure to end an investigation.

That would have to include Trump
Breaking everywhere: Radicalized Democrat heads have been observed exploding all over Washington DC, as well as NYC, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle, shortly after James Comey gave his testimony.

Radicalized Muslim terrorists make IEDs to destroy Americans. But all the radicalized Democrats manage to do is try to invent plots and conspiracies that inevitably blow their own heads up. :lol:
:blowup:

Q: Who has done the most reporting of Trump conspiracies, and provided the most "evidence"?

A:

gmc15051920170517032000.jpg

Forum List

Back