NY democrats release attempted murderer!

He wouldn't have been charged with just a attempted assault, and no matter what he had in his
hand, it would have been a considered a weapon.

Reading the Idaho law I am not sure you are correct, but it is a moot point.

Would it have mattered if it was a trumptard with a democrat politician?

Me thinks it would matter then, McRib.
Admittedly, I don't know all the details on this, and what exactly transpired. If he seriously tried to kill this man that's one thing, but it appears more like an additional charge thrown on to increase the severity of the charge. "Sharp object" could be anything, was he holding a ballpoint pen? I don't know, and since no one was hurt, I don't really care. The prosecutor makes that decision and it appears the attack was not a serious one.

It doesn't matter what party, you should never get away with violence.

OK, for the record, this is what the nutjob was holding:

Video footage of the incident showed Mr. Jakubonis wielding a pointed self-defense tool shaped like the face of a cartoon cat as he lunged at Mr. Zeldin. Mr. Jakubonis can be heard on video repeatedly saying, “You’re done.”

Mr. Zeldin, a four-term congressman from Long Island and Army reservist, was not injured, as others rushed the stage and took the man to the ground.

Mr. Jakubonis, 43, of Fairport, N.Y., was charged with attempted assault in the second degree, according to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, and released on his own recognizance. Because the crime was attempted, it is categorized as a nonviolent felony. Since 2020, under New York law, judges have been barred from setting bail on that charge; previously, prosecutors could have requested that Mr. Jakubonis be held on bail.

There were still many unanswered questions on Friday, including about what might have motivated Mr. Jakubonis, an Army veteran, to target Mr. Zeldin.

Admittedly, I don't know all the details on this, and what exactly transpired. If he seriously tried to kill this man that's one thing, but it appears more like an additional charge thrown on to increase the severity of the charge. "Sharp object" could be anything, was he holding a ballpoint pen? I don't know, and since no one was hurt, I don't really care. The prosecutor makes that decision and it appears the attack was not a serious one.

If you don’t know all the details and what transpired why are you commenting on it.
Answer: Because you’re a leftard and your feelings must be know to all.

Does this surprise anyone? This deranged monster attempts to stab a NY gop politician, is arrested, and then released immediately on his own recognizance! This is sick! The victim immediately predicted he would be released and he was!

Lol I hope it wasn't staged!
No bail necessary either! Meanwhile, back to the clown show where every protester at the Capitol must be rounded up, arrested, and convicted.

OK, for the record, this is what the nutjob was holding:

Video footage of the incident showed Mr. Jakubonis wielding a pointed self-defense tool shaped like the face of a cartoon cat as he lunged at Mr. Zeldin. Mr. Jakubonis can be heard on video repeatedly saying, “You’re done.”

Mr. Zeldin, a four-term congressman from Long Island and Army reservist, was not injured, as others rushed the stage and took the man to the ground.

Mr. Jakubonis, 43, of Fairport, N.Y., was charged with attempted assault in the second degree, according to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, and released on his own recognizance. Because the crime was attempted, it is categorized as a nonviolent felony. Since 2020, under New York law, judges have been barred from setting bail on that charge; previously, prosecutors could have requested that Mr. Jakubonis be held on bail.

There were still many unanswered questions on Friday, including about what might have motivated Mr. Jakubonis, an Army veteran, to target Mr. Zeldin.
Cat ears weapons are made by more than one company. Some are plastic some are metal. When the target is the neck or eyes, they can be quite deadly.

He was released because he serves the enemy democrat purpose.

Let's not forget that patting someone on the back is an assault, an attempted assassination even..............in some circles.

He wasn't holding a box cutter, he was holding My Kitty.
1658547366241.png

Interesting unit; used properly could easily cut a carotid artery. This guy IS a sad case, but he was capable of using that to do great damage.

Variation of a munio???

Greg​

When one of the Democrats beloved gets threatened, it’s 24x7 coverage and “concern about a growing trend”.

Stop hyperventilating. I see nothing about a knife, I see a "sharp object", like, a ballpoint pen?

Obviously, he was not trying to kill him. Sit down and finish your Cheerios, and wipe your chin.

If he came after him with a knife and tried to injure or kill him, then no way should he be released. I did not read anything about a "knife", I read "a sharp object", why did the news report not call it a knife?

Either way, I don't agree with releasing him, but I think the reason they did is because they didn't think it a serious attempt to injure or hurt him. Feel free to disagree, as I DRGAF.
Call it what you will, it could easily cause death or serious bodily harm

1658590912403.jpeg

Forum List

Back