NY AG says she may seize Trump's buildings if he can't pay his $354M civil fraud fine

Oh my! Can't move the buildings, can't hide them. Take away the visible fruits of his crime...sounds like justice, to me~

Four days after a judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay $354 million in his civil fraud case, New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she is prepared to seize the former president's assets if he is unable to find the cash to cover the fine.
"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James said in an interview with ABC News' Aaron Katersky.
Trump was fined $354.8 million plus approximately $100 million in pre-judgment interest on Friday after Judge Arthur Engoron determined that he inflated his net worth in order get more favorable loan terms.
The former president has denied all wrongdoing and has said he will appeal.
Saying that she was "very confident" with the strength of her case on appeal, James reiterated that her office would not hesitate to seize Trump's assets -- mentioning Trump's 40 Wall Street skyscraper by name -- if the former president is unable to find the cash to cover the court-ordered disgorgement.

"We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day," James said of the standard court process for collecting judgments in civil cases.
Progressives LOVE Fascism, until it’s directed at them

When this judgment has been overturned completely and emphatically, do not be surprised if "forces" in the business community go after the judge and DA, including having them both DISBARRED.

They may believe that they can do anything they want, living in a Leftist incubator, but there is an outside world that is watching this.
What are the arguments to appeal it completely?

I understand appealing the amount as excessive, but what grounds are there on the charges brought?

Oh my! Can't move the buildings, can't hide them. Take away the visible fruits of his crime...sounds like justice, to me~

Four days after a judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay $354 million in his civil fraud case, New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she is prepared to seize the former president's assets if he is unable to find the cash to cover the fine.
"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James said in an interview with ABC News' Aaron Katersky.
Trump was fined $354.8 million plus approximately $100 million in pre-judgment interest on Friday after Judge Arthur Engoron determined that he inflated his net worth in order get more favorable loan terms.
Saying that she was "very confident" with the strength of her case on appeal, James reiterated that her office would not hesitate to seize Trump's assets -- mentioning Trump's 40 Wall Street skyscraper by name -- if the former president is unable to find the cash to cover the court-ordered disgorgement.

"We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day," James said of the standard court process for collecting judgments in civil cases.
All hell will break loose if she is stupid enough to attempt this crap!!

It is quite possible that the actions against Trump will convince investors to avoid investing in New York City and maybe even New York State. It would not surprise me that soon we may witness a massive escape from New York. If companies leave New York and investments are hard to find, taxes will have to rise. States like Florida and Texas don’t even have a state income tax and are very business friendly.

Imagine that you're an investor or a developer or a CEO looking at opportunities in New York. Why would you risk it? You could build yourself a thriving business empire and do everything by the book, but if you are on the wrong side of the Democrats in charge, they'll ruin you.

Gov. Kathy Hochul tried to tamp down the fears of spooked investors by essentially saying this punishment was reserved for Trump and Trump alone, because "We'll only destroy certain political enemies" is sooo comforting.

Very different how? Trump is a run-of-the-mill center-left American. He's not some notorious crime lord, but a real estate mogul who was a centerpiece of New York life for decades and only ran afoul of the political regime when he started disagreeing with them. If they can come after a guy like that - a guy who was the president of the United States - what could they do to the rest of us??

All the smart people with businesses, assets, and capital in New York know that what Democrats consider "rule-following" can change in the blink of an eye when there's a new target to destroy. Why would they stay in a place like that?? The market responds to risk, and New York is riskier than heck.

Several bases for appeal:
  • 8th Amendment (seriously),
  • Legislative history indicates this case is disconnected with the import of the law,
  • Bias on the part of the prosecutor and judge (public statements),
  • Unique-ness of the prosecution,
There's more.

When this judgment has been overturned completely and emphatically, do not be surprised if "forces" in the business community go after the judge and DA, including having them both DISBARRED.

They may believe that they can do anything they want, living in a Leftist incubator, but there is an outside world that is watching this.
It will not be overturned.

Look at the anti-American cheering his Marxist Regime. PATHETIC.
Ah' yes..............the memories.

Trump praises Chinese president extending tenure 'for life'

Reuters
https://www.reuters.com › article › amp
U.S. President Donald Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping Saturday after the ruling Communist party announced it was eliminating the two-term limit ...

VIDEO: Trump Praises Putin, Applauds Xi for 'Iron Fist' at ...​

1708523383069.png
Business Insider
https://www.businessinsider.com › Politics

Sep 4, 2022 — Speaking at a rally in Pennsylvania on Saturday, former President Donald Trump praised Chinese leader Xi Jinping and Russian President ...

GOP hopefuls slam Trump for comments praising Kim Jong ...​

1708523458139.png
The Hill
https://thehill.com › homenews › campaign › 4033365-g...

Jun 3, 2023 — Several Republican presidential hopefuls slammed former President Trump for his comments praising North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on ...

Attachments

• 1708523242433.png
    1708523242433.png
    573 bytes · Views: 2
The only way we'll ever get justice to return to America is to develop an infallible lie detector test and feed all the results into an AI program for the verdict and sentencing. Lawyers and Judges in this country have outlived their usefulness. Justice is dead. MAGA.

The only way we'll ever get justice to return to America is to develop an infallible lie detector test and feed all the results into an AI program for the verdict and sentencing. Lawyers and Judges in this country have outlived their usefulness. Justice is dead. MAGA.

You don’t want Justice. You want special. Special treatment in spite of the law.

Take any case. Start with the Classified Documents. If you were interested in Justice you would say that Trump appears guilty based upon the facts we know now. You don’t say that though do you?

Even the NY Fraud case. The defense isn’t that Trump didn’t do anything illegal. It is that everyone lies on loan applications and that is just normal business.

A normal step in the process to get fines paid is the threat to seize assets to recover court ordered money. Totally normal. Happens every day. But it’s outrageous when someone threatens to do it to Trump.

Let’s pretend Trump won his lawsuit against The NY Times. Let’s say they refused to pay the award. You and the rest of the Fanboys would be screaming that Trump should seize the assets of those bastards who won’t pay their debts.

You don’t want Justice.

And the interest is accruing every day while he stalls.

Forum List

Back