Nuclear War No Worse than Climate change -Blinken

I think he meant that the threat of
Nuclear war is extremely unlikely to ever happen (think mutually assured destruction).

I’m other words, it’s less of a threat because it’s much less likely to happen. Not that the results of a full nuclear war would be anything less than apocalyptic

Last edited:

Nuclear War No Worse than Climate change -Blinken​

Wow, Skye! That is some smart thinking there! But then Democrats are just such wonderful smart people! I went out today to do some yard work and was wondering why the skin was falling off my face and I suffered radiation poisoning!

Climate change is just like Nagasaki! That is some real bad weather! Better wear some serious Hiroshima 500 Sun Block all the time now! :rock:

Hate to ruin the thread with details but he did say "threat of nuclear war" meaning that climate change is real; we're experiencing the beginning of the effects of it with weeks and weeks of 100+ degree temperatures. While the "threat" of nuclear war is a faint possibility that will likely never take place.

Hate to ruin the thread with details but he did say "threat of nuclear war" meaning that climate change is real; we're experiencing the beginning of the effects of it with weeks and weeks of 100+ degree temperatures. While the "threat" of nuclear war is a faint possibility that will likely never take place.
So your saying the threat of nuclear war is imaginary ? Can you or anyone guarantee we are going to experience weeks and weeks of 100+ temperatures next year ?

This is totally unbelievable! do you agree with what he said?:omg:

"The threat of nuclear annihilation is no more serious than the threat of climate change, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has claimed. Blinken’s critics argue that Washington is risking nuclear war by arming Ukraine.

In an appearance on 60 Minutes Australia on Sunday, Blinken was asked whether nuclear war or climate change represented “the greater threat to humanity.”

What a moron.

So your saying the threat of nuclear war is imaginary ?
Pretty much.
Can you or anyone guarantee we are going to experience weeks and weeks of 100+ temperatures next year ?
I don't think you can use the word "guarantee" but I think the discussion I heard last week about dispensing with the phrase "heat wave" is pretty much correct. It is no longer a wave when you have consistently high temperatures and 90 degrees at midnight when the temperature used to be in the 70's around that time--I snuck out of the house often enough at night to remember how cold it used to be at 2-3 in the morning. And that was in Texas. LOL...

Assigning 100 degrees to the argument (as I did) is just a touchstone to indicate the new normal. If it is 95-99 degrees; that is still pretty damn hot. If you don't have an air conditioner; it's harmful.

Well, he's correct. Climate change is real and it's causing deaths.

The threat of nuclear war is academic.

Of course climate change is real. What is not real is man having any role in it.

That claim is now proven false.

But you anti science types keep tossing the claim out there

Depends.

Are we talkin' actual climate change, or being tied to a chair and forced to listen to some Leftist douchebag pontificate about it for hours on end?
Those old enough grew up with a little apprehension due to the threat of nuclear war. Joe would even sniff the Presidency at that time. Today, we are numbed with endless propaganda and people of power playing groups against each other and using the standard in history laming specific groups for all the problems.

"The threat of nuclear annihilation is no more serious than the threat of climate change, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has claimed. Blinken’s critics argue that Washington is risking nuclear war by arming Ukraine.

In an appearance on 60 Minutes Australia on Sunday, Blinken was asked whether nuclear war or climate change represented “the greater threat to humanity.”

Isn't it amazing how gullible D's are?

Or how gullible they think WE are?

Of course climate change is real. What is not real is man having any role in it.

That claim is now proven false.

But you anti science types keep tossing the claim out there

They're all completely ignorantly obsessed.

They're like a rabid dog with prey in its mouth.

I think they hope Russia drops a nuke on Ukraine. That would open the door for money spending like you wouldn't believe, would finally give them the reason they have been hoping for to declare war on Russia, and think of all the things they could get away with under the cover of a nuclear attack that would dominate the news for years to come. It would allow them to do so much it's crazy, plus as an added bonus it would distract away from trump.

And it allows them to create and rush through so many bills "to protect America" with mountains of shit hidden in the wording and people would be so scared they wouldn't notice it.

I'm taking this to mean we are in very deep doo-doo.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back