Nuclear Power is the

a777pilot

Mar 12, 2017
Usually in the basement.
answer to our energy and pollution problems.

Now just wait a bit before you go all nuclear on me. There is a safe and inexpensive nuclear power available using thorium.

Thorium Power Is the Safer Future of Nuclear Energy

With massive use of thorium reactors there would be more than enough cheap power to support Lockheed-Martin's new desalination process using graphene and a new water slitting process via a catalyst using the metal nickel tetrahedrally coordinated to selenium in a coordination complex resulted in a more efficient approach to splitting water via electrolysis. Cheap electrical power would pump this fresh water for consumption within 100 miles of our coast line and The hydrogen for use in personal and commercial vehicles.

Cheap safe electrical power, all the fresh water we could ever use and pollution free mass transportation.....

What's not to love?

p.s., With thousands of thorium reactors spread across our nation we would save great amounts of power with reduced line loss in transmission. In addition, instead of having just there national power grids, we would have scores of them, all independent when needed and all sharing power when needed. this would greatly reduce our vunerablity to strikes or hacking by an enemy.

I am very concerned about global warming and would heartily support increased use of nuclear power.

How competative in cost are the thorium reactors? Again, that is a point source of electricity, economically vulnerable to monopoly control, and vulnerable to grid failure. Wind and solar, with grid scale batteries at both the generation and use point may well be a better and less costly source of power.

Now just wait a bit before you go all nuclear on me. There is a safe and inexpensive nuclear power available using thorium.

With massive use of thorium reactors there would be more than enough cheap power to support Lockheed-Martin's new desalination process using graphene and a new water slitting process via a catalyst using the metal nickel tetrahedrally coordinated to selenium in a coordination complex resulted in a more efficient approach to splitting water via electrolysis. Cheap electrical power would pump this fresh water for consumption within 100 miles of our coast line and The hydrogen for use in personal and commercial vehicles.

Cheap safe electrical power, all the fresh water we could ever use and pollution free mass transportation.....

What's not to love?
I think Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, and Fukushima have already proved you wrong a777pilot .

Nuclear power is great for cancer and for submarines or aircraft carriers, but not for much else.

Did you even try to read the link provided. Thorium does work that way. Read the link then get back to us.
Do you believe everything you read?

I believe your expertise is flying combat aircraft, not nuclear power.

Well, I was an expert pilot, but I do have a college degree in Physics/Math, so I'm not just a wannabe at this.

Read the link, or look up thorium on your own.

How many commercial-grade, economically viable thorium reactors are in operation today?

No bullshit. Just facts, please.

More research needs to be done into viable fusion power.

How many commercial-grade, economically viable thorium reactors are in operation today?

None that I know of, but India and China are well on their way to completing theirs. It's just a guess but I think the reason is, here, is that the waste produces cannot be used to make weapons.

Well, I was an expert pilot, but I do have a college degree in Physics/Math, so I'm not just a wannabe at this.

Read the link, or look up thorium on your own.

Logic is obviously not your forte.

Check the list below and look up "fallacy of false authority".

Physics and math have little to do with it.

List of fallacies - Wikipedia

You don't think physics and math are involved in power generation? In nuclear power generation? I'd guess that simply indicates they aren't your fortes.

What's not to love?
I think Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, and Fukushima have already proved you wrong a777pilot .

Nuclear power is great for cancer and for submarines or aircraft carriers, but not for much else.
you need to do some research

Chernobyl was a defective design which was only ever used in that one reactor

and the reactor the OP in speaking of has nothing in common with the old outdated light water reactors like Fukishima

yes if there aren't a million of them we shouldn't even think of using them

the fact is if we committed to a program we could have thousands of them up and running in less than 20 years

None that I know of, but India and China are well on their way to completing theirs. It's just a guess but I think the reason is, here, is that the waste produces cannot be used to make weapons.
and the US is giving money to China to help them

The U.S. is helping China build a novel, superior nuclear reactor

Once again we prove how fucking stupid we are.

We are giving money to China to help them corner the market then we'll buy it from them

Forum List

Back