NRA Issue: Guns Don't Kill People. People Don't Kill People. Mental Illness Kills People.

What is responsible for the epidemics of mass shootings?

• Guns

• People

• Untreated Mental Illness

Results are only viewable after voting.
No handguns or large-capacity long guns, and universal healthcare, including mental health. It's not complicated, kiddos.

FBI stats indicate that knives are used like 6 times more than rifles of any type to commit murders. Hands and feet etc. used 3 times more than rifles. Yet you still hold on to this irrational belief that your so-called "assault rifles" are a big part of the problem. :lol:
For that matter the guy could've walked in with dynamite and taken out two or three classrooms with one lit match. The problem isn't the weapons, it's the mind behind the hands wielding them. Refer to the OP for details.
Well I agree that in essence it is in the mind of anyone who wants to kill.
But we don't allow people to 'walk around with dynamite' because dynamite is so dangerous- a dangerous mind becomes more dangerous with more dangerous weapons.
"More dangerous weapons"...?
Like...?

No handguns or large-capacity long guns, and universal healthcare, including mental health. It's not complicated, kiddos.

FBI stats indicate that knives are used like 6 times more than rifles of any type to commit murders. Hands and feet etc. used 3 times more than rifles. Yet you still hold on to this irrational belief that your so-called "assault rifles" are a big part of the problem. :lol:
For that matter the guy could've walked in with dynamite and taken out two or three classrooms with one lit match. The problem isn't the weapons, it's the mind behind the hands wielding them. Refer to the OP for details.
But we don't allow people to 'walk around with dynamite' because dynamite is so dangerous- a dangerous mind becomes more dangerous with more dangerous weapons.
Like...?

Hmmmm dynamite was mentioned in the post I was responding to. The Boston Bombers showed what dangerous minds can do with more dangerous weapons.

We do not (anymore) allow people to just buy dynamite from their local hardware store without special licenses or permits.

Like...?
Hmmmm dynamite was mentioned in the post I was responding to. The Boston Bombers showed what dangerous minds can do with more dangerous weapons.
We do not (anymore) allow people to just buy dynamite from their local hardware store without special licenses or permits.
Ok... and what does that have to do with guns?

Like...?
Ok... and what does that have to do with guns?

You would have to ask Silhouette- she is the one who brought dynamite into the thread.

Crazy people love an unarmed society...
The point is this isn't about guns. If every kid in the school had a gun on them it wouldn't save them from a suicide bomber. See what I'm saying? Mental illness. The walking time bombs need easy-access clinics with free or highly affordable skilled care.
Everyone has insurance now, and so access to health care is universal.
Problem solved.

Not for an self employed Indian... I am embracing the suck.

The point is this isn't about guns. If every kid in the school had a gun on them it wouldn't save them from a suicide bomber. See what I'm saying? Mental illness. The walking time bombs need easy-access clinics with free or highly affordable skilled care.
Problem solved.

*Pro Tip*
people with insurance can still be unreachably crazy..."having health insurance" has never prevented a crime..

Problem solved.
*Pro Tip*
people with insurance can still be unreachably crazy..."having health insurance" has never prevented a crime..
Which, of course, only serves to further defeat the premise laid out in the OP.

Problem solved.
*Pro Tip*

Don't particularly care about the OP....having insurance has never prevented someone from committing a crime, as you imply...

It is amazing that someone can believe a gun can seek out and kill someone without an individual operating the gun... Just like cats and dogs with lazer pointers, they just don't understand.

There is always hope and change

Problem solved.
*Pro Tip*
Don't particularly care about the OP....having insurance has never prevented someone from committing a crime, as you imply...
My response was designed to lead the OP to the inescapable conclusion that the OP is full of poo.

Problem solved.
*Pro Tip*
My response was designed to lead the OP to the inescapable conclusion that the OP is full of poo.

well...ok...but you said that since everyone has insurance now crazy people won't commit crimes...

Problem solved.
*Pro Tip*
well...ok...but you said that since everyone has insurance now crazy people won't commit crimes...
I did. In context, it should makes sense.

*Pro Tip*
I did. In context, it should makes sense.

oh...context...and here I was taking it straight as you wrote it...

payn_c13567520151004120100.jpg

The title says it all. The best way to get people to stop mass shootings is to enact universal healthcare. The NRA must realize this epidemic's only logical end if the true source isn't addressed.

"Gush-Up" Economics: The Race to Champion Universal Healthcare | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Discuss.

Requiring the mentally unstable people to be added to the NCIC database doesn't have to be tied to universal healthcare or any kind of healthcare. It should be done strictly to identify those who can legally purchase a firearm.

I agree with the comic strip. Obama should stop rewarding/inspiring mass shooters with a promise of him appearing at the wake.

Forum List

Back