Now the government expects me to be a Biologist!!

If somebody said that to you then I understand your gripe with that person. People of all Stars and Stripes can be shitty people. But donā€™t paint every with a broad brush. I see you as an open minded person on a political level. You befriended me so you have to be :)

Yeah even though you annoy the hell out of me sometimes, but I sort of look to you as an online brother from another mother though so you wouldn't be much of one if you didn't. ;)

What are you talking about? I understand everything except past the second sentence. :confused-84:
The chromosome make up for a man is XY for women it is XX. Some people, Like Jaimie Lee Curtis is rumored to have been born with the DNA make up of both sexes. For Jaime, if true, the female characteristics would be dominant. For apparent men, they would have feminine characteristics

The chromosome make up for a man is XY for women it is XX. Some people, Like Jaimie Lee Curtis is rumored to have been born with the DNA make up of both sexes. For Jaime, if true, the female characteristics would be dominant. For apparent me not would have them feminine characteristics

Ohh,.. you do realize how rare that is right and what does that have to do with this?

Ok good answers. The first definition is the closest to what I think you believe. The second can apply to Trans. Iā€™m assuming you donā€™t consider trans women, womenā€¦ is that correct?

You think this applies to trans women???

Typically, women have two X chromosomes and are capable of pregnancy and giving birth from puberty until menopause. Female anatomy is distinguished from male anatomy by the female reproductive system, which includes the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, vagina, and vulva. The adult female pelvis is wider, the hips broader, and the breasts larger than that of adult males. Women have significantly less facial and other body hair, have a higher body fat composition, and are on average shorter and less muscular than men.

I think you might be confused about what a trans woman is. How old are you?

Ohh,.. you do realize how rare that is right and what does that have to do with this?
Rare or not it exists and we are talking about a hearing for a Supreme Court justice who shouldnā€™t be making decisions about what definitions are valid or not as she is up for a job where these details get argued and scrutinized and molded into law

You think this applies to trans women???

Typically, women have two X chromosomes and are capable of pregnancy and giving birth from puberty until menopause. Female anatomy is distinguished from male anatomy by the female reproductive system, which includes the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, vagina, and vulva. The adult female pelvis is wider, the hips broader, and the breasts larger than that of adult males. Women have significantly less facial and other body hair, have a higher body fat composition, and are on average shorter and less muscular than men.

I think you might be confused about what a trans woman is. How old are you?
See the word typically? That means there are exceptions, right?

Ah that explains it. I was genuinely confused of how being born with male and female parts had to relate to transgenders.
The question asked to the Supreme Court nominee, Mrs Jackson, was for the simple definition of what a woman is. The political gotcha behind it is around trans issues. To a judge itā€™s not only about trans issues itā€™s also about people with xx Y chromosomes, and perhaps other medical conditions. This is why the responsible thing for her to do was to be vague on that answer. But now we see right wing media trying to make her sound like an idiot because she doesnā€™t know the definition of a word. Itā€™s all just political game play

It's for people who don't understand what a"Gotcha Moment" from Senators has to do with getting a job. How many times when going through a job interview did they ask you to define what a human is.
Yeah... because asking a question like "what is a woman"... is SOO clearly a gotcha question!!!

You are slipping.

The question asked to the Supreme Court nominee, Mrs Jackson, was for the simple definition of what a woman is. The political gotcha behind it is around trans issues. To a judge itā€™s not only about trans issues itā€™s also about people with xx Y chromosomes, and perhaps other medical conditions. This is why the responsible thing for her to do was to be vague on that answer. But now we see right wing media trying to make her sound like an idiot because she doesnā€™t know the definition of a word. Itā€™s all just political game play

No, that doesn't have anything to do with it or change the definition of boys and girls.

Forum List

Back