Note to trolls, either party

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
You're kinda wasting your time posting threads and posts that are going to get deleted as soon as the mods see it, if what you wrote violates the standards. So why bother? Read the posting rules for the forum you're in are post accordingly. Whatever your politics or position is, trolling just doesn't work around here. OTOH, if all you want to do is be an asshat, well then carry on. Sooner or latter you'll get banned, but it's your call.

I meant the USMB, not a lot of trolling in the GD. Seems to be quite a lot of threads with no OP, so the Mods must've deleted 'em, obviously for trolling at least in most cases. Which I think is rather silly, why bother to write a post or start a thread if it'll be gone in a few minutes?

You're kinda wasting your time posting threads and posts that are going to get deleted as soon as the mods see it, if what you wrote violates the standards. So why bother? Read the posting rules for the forum you're in are post accordingly. Whatever your politics or position is, trolling just doesn't work around here. OTOH, if all you want to do is be an asshat, well then carry on. Sooner or latter you'll get banned, but it's your call.

Trolling works for me around here.

Even amongst you superior intellects.

As long as you declared yourself an expert how about giving us a rational and official definition of "trolling".

Not sure if this was aimed at me, but I can state for sure that I am not an expert on anything. I can however provide a definition of trolling:

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument. Around here it's usually vitriolic and sometimes profane.

I waste my time everyday. No reason to exclude USMB

As long as you declared yourself an expert how about giving us a rational and official definition of "trolling".

Not sure if this was aimed at me, but I can state for sure that I am not an expert on anything. I can however provide a definition of trolling:

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument. Around here it's usually vitriolic and sometimes profane.
Sometimes profane is the only thing that I disagree with due to how much filth truly is allowed to fly here.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Whomever wrote the USMB software was quite gifted.

The notifications and alerts here are a deliberate act to provoke response(s)

That keeps the lights on here

~S~

Forum List

Back