Not your president you say?

Time for an education on the electoral college system.

Time to give you Orange Cheeto 's view of the Electoral College System

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

11:45 PM - 6 Nov 2012

You Trump lovers really liked that ...1 over 121 K retweets
It doesn't matter what anyone says about it. It doesn't matter who it is that says anything about it. The reality is that this is how we elect the President. If you don't like it amend the constitution. Problem solved.

If Trump won the popular vote then I would hate myself but I would accepted he is the president. But he lost the popular vote and only won because of a antiquated electoral voting system. Last time that happened we had one of the worst presidents in US history. Our country could have flourished under Gore but instead we got 9/11, recession, housing crisis and the world laughed and hated us.

Trump will be Bush 2.0
Gore always was and is a fuck up… Just like barry
Hope and change was/is a fraud, Trump is a direct result of it. Lol

If Trump won the popular vote then I would hate myself but I would accepted he is the president. But he lost the popular vote and only won because of a antiquated electoral voting system. Last time that happened we had one of the worst presidents in US history. Our country could have flourished under Gore but instead we got 9/11, recession, housing crisis and the world laughed and hated us.

Trump will be Bush 2.0

Obama tried to bring change but republicans tried blocking him every step of the way.

Trump will be Bush 2.0

Obama tried to bring change but republicans tried blocking him every step of the way.

can you EXPAND on that notion-----what GOOD THING did Obama attempt that was THWARTED by "republicans"? ---I am a registered democrat-----my impression of Obama is that he was not thwarted ENOUGH

Trump will be Bush 2.0

can you EXPAND on that notion-----what GOOD THING did Obama attempt that was THWARTED by "republicans"? ---I am a registered democrat-----my impression of Obama is that he was not thwarted ENOUGH

Biggest example is Obamacare. It was stripped down so much when the republicans got through with it.

Trump will be Bush 2.0

Na, the GOP establishment was his lap dog every step of the way. He ordered them around and they did everything they where told too....

Trump will be Bush 2.0

Biggest example is Obamacare. It was stripped down so much when the republicans got through with it.
Na, Obamacare was forced on millions of Americans that wanted nothing to do with it… Fact
In an extremely underhanded way

Trump will be Bush 2.0

really? in what way was it "stripped down"?

I wasn't happy when Obama won both of his terms, but I accepted him as my president. Whether I voted for him or not, he represented America to the world, and therefore me, for good or worse. I wanted him to perform to the best of his ability and succeed.

I was happy that a black man had made it to the ultimate leadership position in our country. Unfortunately he became someone I could no longer look at when he spoke because I knew a great deal many of the things he said were lies, or he simply said things I just didn't want to hear. But he was still my president. I didn't call for his assassination, I didn't pull Obama voters out of their cars and beat them, I didn't incite a riot, I didn't threaten to move out of the country. I didn't hash ridiculous conspiracy theories about him. I did what most adults do. I moved on. I dealt with it. Sometimes I just wished some of my more staunch conservative friends would have done the same over the years. But predictably, they began uttering the same thing some of you liberals are uttering now, "he's not my president."

Fine. If you can't accept the President of the United States as your president, you are refusing to accept the authority that comes with that office. You are rejecting the process by which he was elected, a democratic constitutional process which was painstakingly put together by the founding members of our nation. This office of the president is a position that millions of our service members died to protect over the past 230+ years. You are telling the people who elected him that you don't accept their choice, or that they don't deserve to make it. Instead you call them racist, bigoted, uneducated misogynists. All because you didn't get your way.

Those people elected him, and through them the Electoral College elected him. That's how it works. I don't really care who "won the popular vote." And as you ironically demand equality for whatever other reason, for gays, blacks, illegals, what have you, you are willing to deny your peers an electoral process which was designed to give everyone an equal voice. The whole idea of America is to unite behind our leader when he is just and fair, and to rebuke him in unison when his actions are corrupt and unjust. When you refuse to accept him as your president, you should lose the right to do both. When you sign petitions pressuring the Electoral College to reverse their votes to elect the person you voted for--who lost-- you are essentially living in a state of denial. You're expressing your selfish desires to have the electorate robbed of the person they elected in favor of forcing your choice down their throats.

In fact, you are telling the world how much of a bigoted child you are by throwing temper tantrums and/or running for your safe spaces or nearest populated areas to participate in a riot and smash things (or people). You are showing everyone just how intolerant and unfit for real life you really are. Here's a piece of advice: grow up or get the hell out of America. Your refusal to adapt to a changing reality not only causes hardship for you, but for others around you. Democracy doesn't always take the form you want it to. If us conservatives could deal with 8 years of Obama's lackluster leadership, you can deal with Trump and whatever form his leadership takes.

On January 20, 2009, Obama was my president, whether I liked it or not. On January 20, 2017, Trump will be your president, whether you like it or not.

Peace.

Just one thing, that is worth saying. When Obama was elected, the reaction from the right was little different then that from the left now. Yes, there weren't mass protests (most have actually been peaceful) - but that was about it. He was not accepted as the president. The birther/Kenyan/Muslim crap and questions about his legitimacy continued and grew. His legitimacy was questioned for 8 years - including by the man that has won this election.

I agree with you, we must move on - loathsome as it is. But please don't pretend the right was any better. Oh, they might not have protested in public demonstrations - but the death threats were there, the calls for assassination.

And, in my mind, the lowest was actually applauding bloody, murderous thugs like Putin, and holding him up as better than our president. Or applauding the crazy foul mouthed Phillipine president when he verbally and publically denigrated OUR PRESIDENT. How can people support that? No matter how much I disliked GW (and I did) - I would never hold up Putin as a better man, and I sure as hell wouldn't praise Duterte.

So...ya, the way the left is behaving isn't so great. But please remember - 8 years ago, and even recently - the behavior has been shameful.

But please don't pretend the right was any better.

I wasn't. I'm not acting that way at all.

Last line of the second paragraph:

"I did what most adults do. I moved on. I dealt with it. Sometimes I just wished some of my more staunch conservative friends would have done the same over the years. But predictably, they began uttering the same thing some of you liberals are uttering now, "he's not my president." "

You misunderstand me. That post was directed at anyone who had similar sentiments about the sitting president or the future one. Zero tolerance.

Trump will be Bush 2.0
Our country could have flourished under Gore
i dont know about that.....9/11would have still happened as well as many other things....gore was no exceptional politician....

Trump will be Bush 2.0

And if clinton won the electoral vote, she would have refused to take office. Right.

Forum List

Back