Not gonna lie; I underestimated Trump

I thought he was just gonna run off to play golf and hand over the reins to "his" party, or that otherwise, the experienced republicans in Congress would bitchslap him into playing by their rules.

Boy was I wrong! Instead, he bitchslapped them, destroyed the Republican Party and created a new party; the Trump Cult. Basically, the party is now about him. They don't stand for anything really, other than Trump's whims, his need for adoration, and his petty squabbles.

Trump even has tremendous allies in the MAINSTREAM MEDIA. Go to any channel and there's a 70+% chance they are giving the cult leader free publicity. The MSM gave Trump 2016 on a silver platter, and in addition, diminished his losses in 2018. Trump did a fantastic job of manipulating the fools to his benefit.

Has a party ever completely sacrificed its ideals and principles in order to bow down and worship a specific individual before? I must give Trump credit; though he is stupid, he has managed to tap into the unbridled stupidity of so many others, and through the unintelligent masses he has managed to bend the wills of those far more intelligent, but with even less integrity. Because at the end of the day, Trump was always only about Trump. But the Republicans? They used to believe in something (supposedly). Now they just spend their days polishing Donald's ass.

Free trade? What is that? Lol.

Trump's losses in 2018? What losses are those, John? I saw a President campaigning out on the stump and preventing the huge losses that both Obama and Bush had in their first mid term elections. Both of them lost seats in the Senate...Trump gained them and did so because of his own popularity!

Weren't there like 23 contested seats holding democrats and only 9 holding republicans? Not 100% on the numbers but it was somewhere in that area. I think that played the most important role in their senate wins. Democrats had more than 2 times as many seats to defend.

Yes and there were far more Republican House seats being contested this time around. The fact is...Trump did FAR better in his first mid-term election than Barack Obama did! So much better it's laughable that you see what happened as a defeat of Trump.

The Trump Cult lost seats in the House. Those were the losses I was referring to. Obviously they picked up a few in the Senate.

Yeah he really honored our dead soldiers today A little rain ,,might have spoiled his hair

What the hell do you care about dead American soldiers? It's no secret how you leftists hate the military. Hell, you even elected a President who gave billions of dollars to Iran, who used some of it to finance the killing of American soldiers in the Middle East.

Stop with the phony patriotism already. You're not fooling anyone.

They elected a president who said, and I quote..."I despise the military".
Please show me that link Until that it's nothing but a dirty fn republican lie

Whether he said that in public or not, is irrelevant. He still despised the military by having the worst record as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces this country has ever seen..

Obama's List of Most Disrespectful Insults to the Military

“30) Looking past all his civilian aides to order a Marine to hold an umbrella over his head like a butler for an entire speech at the Rose Garden, in violation of military regulations.
29) Forcing race-baiting class warfare propaganda, extreme PC “sensitivity” measures, and Gay Pride Month on soldiers.
28) Taking credit for the success of the surge he opposed in Iraq.
27) Taking credit for the success of the interrogation policies he opposed that located Osama bin Laden.
26) Skipping the funeral of the highest-ranking officer to be killed on foreign soil in over 40 years (Major-General Harold J. Greene), to play golf.
25) Smearing veterans as potential domestic terrorists.
24) Trying to make wounded veterans cover their own medical treatment through private health insurance plans, which would inevitably end up increasing their out-of-pocket costs.
23) Blaming our troops for the Taliban attacking them…for everything from objecting to pedophilia and advocating women’s rights, to not wearing latex gloves while handling Korans and walking in front of Muslims while they are praying.
22) Rushing in to misrepresent the Ft. Hood massacre that killed 13 soldiers (one whom was pregnant) as mere “workplace violence.”
21) Giving captured terrorists at Gitmo (who are drenched in soldiers’ blood) a $750,000 soccer field, cable TV, entertainment, classes in painting, etc., while stripping away benefits for soldiers at every turn.
20) Ordering federal agencies to make the sequester cuts as painful as possible for the American people, which ended up cutting tuition assistance for soldiers and increasing other college costs for the Armed Forces across the board.
19) Denying veterans from all over the country access to the WWII Memorial in Washington over a staged government shutdown while allowing illegal immigrants to hold a political rally on closed federal grounds.
18) Cutting military health care benefits and pensions while increasing spending on unionized federal bureaucrats (Obama voters).
17) Ignoring a former Marine frivolously imprisoned in Mexico on trumped up weapons charges.
16) Using soldiers to help a terror-sponsoring dictator fight off outraged civilian protesters.
15) Purging the military of oath-keeping constitutionalists.
14) Imposing draconian cuts to the things we are actually supposed to be spending tax dollars on under the Constitution (like the military), while exploding spending on things the Federal Government has no authority to even be involved in, like Obama’s trillion-dollar health care takeover.
13) Silencing and criminalizing Christianity in the military.
12) Banning time-proven interrogation techniques and insisting on treating foreign terrorists as mere common criminals to be tried in American courts, as civilians.
11) Suppressing military votes.
10) Imposing ludicrous rules of engagement on our troops that have needlessly gotten many soldiers killed.
9) Appeasing our enemies, backing down after drawing “red lines” in the sand, betraying our allies, and dismantling our missile defenses…all of which needlessly endangers our troops.
8) Cutting troops down to pre-WWII levels, and then allowing illegal immigrants into the military.
7) Allowing veterans to die on secret waiting lists at VA hospitals all over the country, after being warned about the manipulated numbers and obscene delays in care (welcome to ‘universal health care’) back in 2008.
6) Abandoning three decorated veterans and a U.S. ambassador to be dragged through the streets and tortured to death by bloodthirsty Islamic savages in Benghazi, and then falsely blaming it on Americans having the right to disagree with Islam in public.
5) Releasing numerous terrorists back onto the streets so they could return and attack our soldiers, including one who ended up becoming the leader of ISIS.
4) Releasing five major terrorist leaders to appease the Taliban into releasing one America-hating deserter.
3) Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in Iraq while handing Afghanistan back to the Islamic fundamentalists who facilitated 9/11 (the Taliban).
2) Openly funding and arming Islamic terrorists.
1) Endlessly trampling the Constitution that soldiers are sworn to defend and attacking the rights they fight, bleed, and die to protect.”

In light of the blob not wanting to honor the fallen on Veterans Day because it was raining. your list is funny.
No liar, he ain't gonna "honor" those french turds.

I thought he was just gonna run off to play golf and hand over the reins to "his" party, or that otherwise, the experienced republicans in Congress would bitchslap him into playing by their rules.

Boy was I wrong! Instead, he bitchslapped them, destroyed the Republican Party and created a new party; the Trump Cult. Basically, the party is now about him. They don't stand for anything really, other than Trump's whims, his need for adoration, and his petty squabbles.

Trump even has tremendous allies in the MAINSTREAM MEDIA. Go to any channel and there's a 70+% chance they are giving the cult leader free publicity. The MSM gave Trump 2016 on a silver platter, and in addition, diminished his losses in 2018. Trump did a fantastic job of manipulating the fools to his benefit.

Has a party ever completely sacrificed its ideals and principles in order to bow down and worship a specific individual before? I must give Trump credit; though he is stupid, he has managed to tap into the unbridled stupidity of so many others, and through the unintelligent masses he has managed to bend the wills of those far more intelligent, but with even less integrity. Because at the end of the day, Trump was always only about Trump. But the Republicans? They used to believe in something (supposedly). Now they just spend their days polishing Donald's ass.

I have to admit I was surprised too. In the book “Fear” by Bob Woodward, he was portrayed as at least being present in some parts of the White House. I found that surprising he was as interested as he was in policy. It was backwards and embarrassing for him but at least he had an opinion about things.

LOL...sure are a lot of "surprised" liberals posting on this board! Oh, wait...you bought into the talking points that Trump was an idiot? How embarrassing for you...

No..he’s still an idiot. He’s just an interested idiot.

And Barry was the smartest guy in the room? Yet he couldn't do diddly with the economy and the guy you claim is an "idiot" is just knocking it out of the park when it comes to the economy! Gee...think Obama's intellect might have been a bit OVERBLOWN by you on the left and Trump's lack of intellect equally misjudged? Duh?

That's what you call "Leadership skills". Donald has 'em.

In a sense. Too bad he has to make half the country into his enemy in order to lead the other half.
98 percent media loons, 2 percent criminal. all.

Trump's losses in 2018? What losses are those, John? I saw a President campaigning out on the stump and preventing the huge losses that both Obama and Bush had in their first mid term elections. Both of them lost seats in the Senate...Trump gained them and did so because of his own popularity!

Weren't there like 23 contested seats holding democrats and only 9 holding republicans? Not 100% on the numbers but it was somewhere in that area. I think that played the most important role in their senate wins. Democrats had more than 2 times as many seats to defend.

Yes and there were far more Republican House seats being contested this time around. The fact is...Trump did FAR better in his first mid-term election than Barack Obama did! So much better it's laughable that you see what happened as a defeat of Trump.

The Trump Cult lost seats in the House. Those were the losses I was referring to. Obviously they picked up a few in the Senate.

How many seats did the Obama cult lose in the House in his first mid term, John? How many seats did he lose in the Senate? I'll give you a hint...Obama himself described it as a "shellacking"!

How many seats did the Obama cult lose in the House in his first mid term, John? How many seats did he lose in the Senate? I'll give you a hint...Obama himself described it as a "shellacking"!

Okay. What's your point? I didn't vote for Obama. He and I have no connection whatsoever, other than that he was the president of my country at one point. The exact same connection I have with Trump. Do I think Obama was more qualified than Trump? Yes. But still not fully qualified.

Yeah he really honored our dead soldiers today A little rain ,,might have spoiled his hair

What the hell do you care about dead American soldiers? It's no secret how you leftists hate the military. Hell, you even elected a President who gave billions of dollars to Iran, who used some of it to finance the killing of American soldiers in the Middle East.

Stop with the phony patriotism already. You're not fooling anyone.

They elected a president who said, and I quote..."I despise the military".
Please show me that link Until that it's nothing but a dirty fn republican lie

Whether he said that in public or not, is irrelevant. He still despised the military by having the worst record as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces this country has ever seen..

Obama's List of Most Disrespectful Insults to the Military

“30) Looking past all his civilian aides to order a Marine to hold an umbrella over his head like a butler for an entire speech at the Rose Garden, in violation of military regulations.
29) Forcing race-baiting class warfare propaganda, extreme PC “sensitivity” measures, and Gay Pride Month on soldiers.
28) Taking credit for the success of the surge he opposed in Iraq.
27) Taking credit for the success of the interrogation policies he opposed that located Osama bin Laden.
26) Skipping the funeral of the highest-ranking officer to be killed on foreign soil in over 40 years (Major-General Harold J. Greene), to play golf.
25) Smearing veterans as potential domestic terrorists.
24) Trying to make wounded veterans cover their own medical treatment through private health insurance plans, which would inevitably end up increasing their out-of-pocket costs.
23) Blaming our troops for the Taliban attacking them…for everything from objecting to pedophilia and advocating women’s rights, to not wearing latex gloves while handling Korans and walking in front of Muslims while they are praying.
22) Rushing in to misrepresent the Ft. Hood massacre that killed 13 soldiers (one whom was pregnant) as mere “workplace violence.”
21) Giving captured terrorists at Gitmo (who are drenched in soldiers’ blood) a $750,000 soccer field, cable TV, entertainment, classes in painting, etc., while stripping away benefits for soldiers at every turn.
20) Ordering federal agencies to make the sequester cuts as painful as possible for the American people, which ended up cutting tuition assistance for soldiers and increasing other college costs for the Armed Forces across the board.
19) Denying veterans from all over the country access to the WWII Memorial in Washington over a staged government shutdown while allowing illegal immigrants to hold a political rally on closed federal grounds.
18) Cutting military health care benefits and pensions while increasing spending on unionized federal bureaucrats (Obama voters).
17) Ignoring a former Marine frivolously imprisoned in Mexico on trumped up weapons charges.
16) Using soldiers to help a terror-sponsoring dictator fight off outraged civilian protesters.
15) Purging the military of oath-keeping constitutionalists.
14) Imposing draconian cuts to the things we are actually supposed to be spending tax dollars on under the Constitution (like the military), while exploding spending on things the Federal Government has no authority to even be involved in, like Obama’s trillion-dollar health care takeover.
13) Silencing and criminalizing Christianity in the military.
12) Banning time-proven interrogation techniques and insisting on treating foreign terrorists as mere common criminals to be tried in American courts, as civilians.
11) Suppressing military votes.
10) Imposing ludicrous rules of engagement on our troops that have needlessly gotten many soldiers killed.
9) Appeasing our enemies, backing down after drawing “red lines” in the sand, betraying our allies, and dismantling our missile defenses…all of which needlessly endangers our troops.
8) Cutting troops down to pre-WWII levels, and then allowing illegal immigrants into the military.
7) Allowing veterans to die on secret waiting lists at VA hospitals all over the country, after being warned about the manipulated numbers and obscene delays in care (welcome to ‘universal health care’) back in 2008.
6) Abandoning three decorated veterans and a U.S. ambassador to be dragged through the streets and tortured to death by bloodthirsty Islamic savages in Benghazi, and then falsely blaming it on Americans having the right to disagree with Islam in public.
5) Releasing numerous terrorists back onto the streets so they could return and attack our soldiers, including one who ended up becoming the leader of ISIS.
4) Releasing five major terrorist leaders to appease the Taliban into releasing one America-hating deserter.
3) Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in Iraq while handing Afghanistan back to the Islamic fundamentalists who facilitated 9/11 (the Taliban).
2) Openly funding and arming Islamic terrorists.
1) Endlessly trampling the Constitution that soldiers are sworn to defend and attacking the rights they fight, bleed, and die to protect.”

In light of the blob not wanting to honor the fallen on Veterans Day because it was raining. your list is funny.
Don't you know candy how when it rained those troops put their weapons down and left the field?

Okay. What's your point? I didn't vote for Obama. He and I have no connection whatsoever, other than that he was the president of my country at one point. The exact same connection I have with Trump. Do I think Obama was more qualified than Trump? Yes. But still not fully qualified.

Now THAT is an interesting statement, John! In what way was Barack Obama ever "qualified" to be President of the United States?

Funny how Obama could say that but the mess we have in the WH now, can't

Now THAT is an interesting statement, John! In what way was Barack Obama ever "qualified" to be President of the United States?

I already said he wasn't qualified. But he was at least a senator prior to his ascendancy. Personally, I would have voted for McCain if I wasn't too busy getting hammered in college to vote.

I already said he wasn't qualified. But he was at least a senator prior to his ascendancy. Personally, I would have voted for McCain if I wasn't too busy getting hammered in college to vote.

A Senator that did what exactly? Barack Obama had ZERO legislative skills! None. If it wasn't for people letting him sign his name onto bills that THEY worked on...he'd still be back in Illinois trying to get his first piece of legislation passed in the Illinois State Senate!

USA Today editorial says Trump unfit to clean Obama's toilet
  • 13 December 2017

_99193486_gettyimages-890991464.jpg
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image captionMr Trump signed a defense budget authorisation on Tuesday
The editorial board of USA Today has said President Donald Trump is "unfit to clean the toilets" in Barack Obama's library or shine George W Bush's shoes.

The scathing editorial comes after Mr Trump claimed a female senator "would do anything" for campaign cash - words which some regarded as sexual innuendo.

"Rock bottom is no impediment for a president who can always find room for a new low," the newspaper added.

USA Today is not known for publishing such blistering editorials.

One of the nation's highest-circulated newspapers, it usually includes an "opposing view" column with each opinion piece

• 13 December 2017

The editorial board of USA Today has said President Donald Trump is "unfit to clean the toilets" in Barack Obama's library or shine George W Bush's shoes.

The scathing editorial comes after Mr Trump claimed a female senator "would do anything" for campaign cash - words which some regarded as sexual innuendo.

"Rock bottom is no impediment for a president who can always find room for a new low," the newspaper added.

One of the nation's highest-circulated newspapers, it usually includes an "opposing view" column with each opinion piece

USA Today has a consistent liberal bias...ESPECIALLY in it's editorials!

• 13 December 2017

USA Today has a consistent liberal bias...ESPECIALLY in it's editorials!

You know how you can tell? It's usually a conservative giving the "opposing view" to what the USA Today has printed as IT'S editorial viewpoint!

A Senator that did what exactly? Barack Obama had ZERO legislative skills! None. If it wasn't for people letting him sign his name onto bills that THEY worked on...he'd still be back in Illinois trying to get his first piece of legislation passed in the Illinois State Senate!

That's still more political experience than Trump had.

Personally, Obama's election left a bad taste in my mouth. He was way too inexperienced to be president, I thought at that time. But he was a great orator and half-black, so people just blindly voted for him. Whatever. The economy did slowly recover under him so I guess it worked out okay. Whether he had anything to do with it or not.

Forum List

Back