Not going to work, an interesting dichotomy.

Such a simple minded view. Childlike.

So they can all, what, go be... electricians? What do you suppose 100,000 new electricians overnight would do to electrician's wages? You think they would all work?

What fields do you suggest these 10s of millions of people go into?

Pointing at people and saying "Duh, do better" has never solved anything. It's literally doing nothing and thinking nothing. The very epitome of lazy and dumb.
The liberal mindset.

Trump sent them all home? Really? How many of the millions of illegals here when Trump took office here were sent home

Where did I say Trump sent them "all" home? The key to success here is not letting them here in the first place. Once you let them in, it's a legal process trying to get rid of them when can take many months and even years in some cases IF they show up for court.

If Dementia sends 5,000 home this year and Trump only 4,000 last year, are we further ahead with Trump or Dementia? Now consider Dementia is letting several million in this year while Trump greatly reduced that figure to under 100,000. Who are we ahead with?

Yep, you answered, and I asked what business is it of yours how he votes? Clearly you think it is.

not at all, you asked what actions I would like him to do, I told you. now you want to give me shit about it....still pissed about the other day I see

In this country there is a group of people that are basically refusing to go to work for what they consider shit wages for shit jobs. They are holding out hoping to force companies to pay better wages. This group is venerated by the left and vilified by the right.

Then we have a group of people that are staging "sick outs" and quitting their jobs over the vaccine mandates, hoping to force companies not to enforce it. This group is venerated by the right and vilified by the left.

But in the end, are not both groups trying for the same thing, to use the power in numbers that employees have to force changes by employers?
This also fails as a false comparison.

Taking action for increased pay and better working conditions is perfectly appropriate and warranted – nothing like refusing to work because of willful ignorance and an unwarranted fear of safe, effective vaccines.

In this country there is a group of people that are basically refusing to go to work for what they consider shit wages for shit jobs. They are holding out hoping to force companies to pay better wages. This group is venerated by the left and vilified by the right.

Then we have a group of people that are staging "sick outs" and quitting their jobs over the vaccine mandates, hoping to force companies not to enforce it. This group is venerated by the right and vilified by the left.

But in the end, are not both groups trying for the same thing, to use the power in numbers that employees have to force changes by employers?
At-will employment is generally described as follows: "any hiring is presumed to be 'at will'; that is, the employer is free to discharge individuals 'for good cause, or bad cause, or no cause at all,' and the employee is equally free to quit, strike, or otherwise cease work."

What the truth is that these low paying jobs are more plentiful than we have workers to perform them.
And these low paying jobs have increased risks that should include hazard pay by most people's understanding.

If a person works a graveyard shift or Sundays there is usually a shift differential that automatically includes a raise in pay. If the job is inherently dangerous there is yet another hefty differential for pay...

But currently no one is paying one for taking the risk of working with the public in the middle of a global pandemic. When the hospital bills and medicines alone are going to wipe out any paychecks you earn.
And possibly you can end up with permanent disability of lung, kidney, liver damage... possibly neurological damage of loss of smell or taste.
Lots of various hazards that are not met by protocols (a small piece of plexiglass or masks?)

Then there's management...they absolutely have zero loyalty to their staff. If you get sick you are fired. You are disposable to them...the best anyone ever got out of these managers is to have all the credit for exemplary work taken by your manager as they get yet another promotion and raise in pay while now you get to be fired because "you know too much".

I don't blame the people one tiny bit for the risk/reward analysis and decided to stay home.
Most of the problems you mention are simple supply and demand issues. When you flood a country with cheap, obedient illegal alien labor, wages go down. When you couple our insane free trade agreements with our neglected supply chains and our non existent in country production, you get shortages and higher prices. The cost of supporting the 1.5 million or so illegal aliens Biden already settled here, over a billion taxpayer dollars a day, is also putting unsustainable upward pressure on housing and infrastructure costs as well as spreading COVID. These problems are all the direct result of Biden's idiotic border policies.

Most of the problems you mention are simple supply and demand issues. When you flood a country with cheap, obedient illegal alien labor, wages go down. When you couple our insane free trade agreements with our neglected supply chains and our non existent in country production, you get shortages and higher prices. The cost of supporting the 1.5 million or so illegal aliens Biden already settled here, over a billion taxpayer dollars a day, is also putting unsustainable upward pressure on housing and infrastructure costs as well as spreading COVID. These problems are all the direct result of Biden's idiotic border policies.
Where I'm not going to disagree about illegal Immigration or Biden's handling of it...the truth is that illegal immigrants can't get a regular job. E-Verify that goes with your I-9 form keeps that from happening. Illegal immigrants can't get a job at McDonald's... legal immigrants and guest workers can and do hold jobs. And we need them to as there is a shortage of grunt (low skilled) labor...

A person needs identification to have a job or a residence...fake papers don't cut the mustard anymore. There is nothing free in America.

The air traffic controllers and pilots are refusing to work because of a dangerous vaccine mandate, and an injection thats killing hundreds of thousands. This other group is some type of media fairy tale about people not working because of low wages.
Oh, where is my little tin hat, little tin hat, little tin hat...................................................................

Forum List

Back