Not Black Enough Syndrome

Yea by the way you quoted someone who did not accurately define what "acting black"was, nor you for the sake of argument define it for the purpose of this thread. I'm black, so I have a right to know how does one act like or not like me?

Fair question.

See the first item in the OP.

1. In my youth I wanted so badly to fit in. I wanted to be a regular black kid like the other black kids. The problem was, as was pointed out in my eighth grade English class: “He talk like a white boy!”

2. My best friend lived in a white neighborhood and had the same debilitation: correct usage, impeccable diction, large vocabulary. Woe is us. So, for a week of so, we tried. We spent the entire week calling each other *******. “Nigga, please!” and “Nigga, whatchu talkin’ ‘bout.” But our proper English kept getting in the way, and the experiment failed.

3. I’m certain that my life would have been different had I kept trying. One thing is certain, I would have has greater success with women! Talking like a white boy hit me most often where it counts- my ability to get nookie. I discovered, much to my chagrin, that black women are highly sensitive to the Not Black Enough Syndrome. Black women like the jive talk.

4. It is an actual syndrome. Not only have I lived it, but it is also documented in the book “Black Rage,” written by two black psychiatrists, William H. Grier and Price M. Cobbs. Page 127: “A group of black men was asked to describe their techniques of seduction. Without exception, each one said that at a crucial point he reverted to the patois. Black women said they experienced an intensification of excitement when their lovers reverted to the ‘old language.’”

a. Of course, it had been pointed out in the eighth grade, I don’t have the patois. I fell to my knees and pleaded with God: “WHY? WHY DON’T I HAVE THE PATOIS??”

b. They go on to say: “For the black man in the United States, the boudoir is a field of combat in which rightfully or not he is deemed by his society pre-eminent. His use of patois,…may dramatically highlight an already heroic presence.”

5. Need proof? I dated Robin Givens years before she was Robin Givens. I was laying down my best stuff, wore my good cologne, told my best jokes trying to sound sophisticated. Even got in good with her mother. Nothing. Years later she married Mike Tyson. Later, I heard her on a radio interview with Howard Stern, talking about how she loves really thuggish black guys. What a gyp! I go to school, stay out of trouble, really try to make something of myself, but the street thug gets to make love to Robin Givens.

6. Well, I refuse to fake the funk for anyone. Even Robin Givens. Now, as an actor, I can fake the sound and syntax, the turn of phrase, the inflection, if a part requires it. But, it is not my normal way of speaking. Hardly a week goes by without someone commenting on my ‘proper’ speech. In fact, an actor I worked with reminded him of a professor he had in Trinidad, and he swore that one day, the professor waded out too far in the ocean, and, instead of hollering “Help! Help!,” he called out “Excuse me, may I have some assistance please?”

7. Fortunately there is a happy ending. Years after rebounding from the Givens snub, I met and fell in love with a pretty young black woman with red hair and freckles, who would become my wife. Oddly enough, while we were dating, I would speak to her on the phone, and find myself thinking, “She talk like a white girl.”
It was a match made in heaven.
The above from Joseph C. Phillips' book "He Talk Like A White Boy"

I hope that the above serves as education and a cautionary tale for our Liberal friends:
all black people are not the same.

Nor must they be ground to dust if they don't fit your political perspective.

I re-read this.....

Seriously you give credibility to a guy that dated Robin Givens?? LOL #FAIL

I'd be happy to entertain a serious debate.....

...as for your post, as it stands, it is exactly what Phillips is railing against.

"Seriously you give credibility to..."

"Joseph is perhaps best known for the role of Lt. Martin Kendall, Lisa Bonet’s husband, on the hit series The Cosby Show. He was also a three time NAACP Image Award Nominee for his portrayal of Attorney Justus Ward on the Daytime Drama General Hospital. For two seasons he appeared as Mayor Morgan Douglas on the CBS series The District, recurred as Marcus Johnson on the hit CBS series Without A Trace and most recently appeared as JT Morse on the Fox Series, Vanished. He has had guest starring roles on C.S.I., Las Vegas, Jack and Bobby, The King of Queens, Judging Amy, Family Law, Martin, The Larry Sanders Show, City of Angeles, Any Day Now, The Parkers, Popular, V.I.P. and Living Single among others.

His feature film credits include starring roles in Strictly Business, Let’s Talk About Sex and Midnight Blue. Phillips’ many theatrical credits include starring roles in the Broadway production of Six Degrees of Separation, the Kennedy Center and American Playhouse productions of A Raisin in the Sun, starring Danny Glover and Esther Rolle, and the off- Broadway production of Coriolanus with Christopher Walken and Irene Worth. Mr. Phillips also had the honor of creating the title role in Dreaming Emmett, Pulitzer and Nobel Prize winning author Toni Morrison’s only theatrical play. Joseph’s solo performance piece, Professor Lombooza Lomboo was a featured production at the 12th annual National Black Theatre Festival and the 2001 Minnesota Fringe Festival.

Mr. Phillips is also a syndicated columnist. His column “The Way I see It” appears weekly in more than 30 publications across the country including The Columbus Post, The Los Angeles Wave, Akron Reporter, The Michigan Chronicle, The Michigan Front Page, The Chicago Defender, the New Pittsburgh Courier, The Tri-State Defender, Long Beach Times, The Atlanta Daily World, Miami Times, Tempo News and the web daily’s Blackamericatoday.com, Blacknews.com, EURweb.com, attackmachine.com, Netlistings.com, Michaellwilliams.com, JewishWorldReview.com, BlackAmericasWeb.com and PoliticalVanguard.com. His essays have been published in Newsweek, Los Angeles Daily News, Essence Magazine, Upscale, USA Today, Turning Point, College Digest, BET.com and the Indianapolis Recorder. Joseph has also contributed commentary to Paula Zhan, BET Tonight, BET Nightly News, The Dennis Miller Show, America’s Black Forum, was for 3 years a regular commentator on National Public Radio’s the Tavis Smiley Show and currently appears as a regular commentator on NPR’s News and Notes and American Urban Radio Networks Straight Talk. His first book, “He Talk Like a White Boy,” is currently available wherever books are sold.

Acting and writing are just two of Joseph’s many passions. His interest in community service has led to Mr. Phillips involvement with the Special Olympics, The Green Chimneys Foundation, of which he was an advisory board member, The Red Cross and the Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles. Phillips is an ambassador for the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America and is the face of Project Alpha for the March of Dimes.

He has been a visiting speaker for organizations such as Young Americas Foundation, The Leon H. Sullivan Foundation, Central State University, Columbus State Community College, Orange County Black Chamber of Commerce, California Community Renewal Summit, California Pro-Life, Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, Black America’s Political Action Committee, Council for African-American Republican Leadership, Colorado Sickle Cell Foundation, Sickle Cell Disease Association of America, The United States Post Office, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. Youngstown University, California State University At Northridge, Towson State University, Pepperdine University, The Green Chimney’s Foundation, Los Angeles Boys and Girls Club, Fullerton College, The Chicago Black Expo, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, Mountain View Community Church Elections Forum and at elementary and primary schools across the country.

Mr. Phillips has taught acting workshops at the National Black Theatre Festival, The College of William and Mary, California State University Long Beach, Louisiana State University, Delta State College, Canoga Park High School and The Lutheran School.

Joseph is a member of the Screen Actors Guild, American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, Actors Equity Association, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated, was National Co-Chair of the African American Steering committee for Bush/Cheney ’04, was named a member of the Republican National Committees African American Advisory Board, was appointed by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to the state board of directors of the California African American Museum and was named a 2005 Claremont Institute Lincoln Fellow.

An interest in Law resulted in Joseph’s acceptance to Rutgers University School of Law—an auxiliary career path he has put on hold. He is also a graduate of culinary school and has had recipes published in Soap Opera Digest, Essence Magazine and the best selling cookbook, Cooking with Regis And Kathy Lee, and is the Celebrity Chairman for Real Men Cook, Los Angeles.

However, his greatest passion is Nicole, his wife of 13 years, and their three children, Connor, 10, Ellis, 8 and 6 year-old Samuel."
Joseph C. Phillips -- Biography

Care to post your resume?

Be clear.
Joseph C. Phillips' work, and others that I will OP, show blacks as intuitive, intelligent individuals.
As well as courageous.

So, your smear, "The blacks" are generally not thought of as being capable of individual thought, blah blah blah..." is in need of some work.

I am crystal clear. Being black myself, why would I personally think that "blacks are not capable of individual thought"?

What I was stating is that there are those who post here who believe that.

Now do you understand?

I never misunderstood.

Your comment was a slap at any without your perspective.
You and Pheony are not conservative.....there are many deeply intelligent blacks who are.

Yes you did misunderstand. I am not referring to anyone except those who have gone on record in this very forum categorizing blacks as a single thinking monolithe who exclusively are liberal.

Furthermore, you do not need to enlighten me as to the existence of "intelligent" conservative blacks. I already know this.
Black people come from all walks of life, and have different perspectives.

That is not a revelation.

Well Chic will tell you that the reason the NAACP gave Condi the award is because liberals hate black conservatives, wait.
Because liberals think black conservatives are uncle toms, wait.
Because liberals hate when blacks think for themselves, wait
Because....UH...she wants to believe it. That's final!

I think our biggest problem is that old "broad brush".

I wish it wasn't this way in North America. When one of my bestest friend Phil went missing in Jamaica, I pulled out all company stops to find him.

Because I'm from the music industry, I was able to call up some markers and the whole island was "Phil man the lady is looking for you man" I found my friend.

I'm white he's black, who cares? He's my friend and I found him. I really don't get this supposed hate between each other.

I know I don't hate. I don't get it.

It's political, not personal, as in your example.

Without the black vote firmly behind the Left, they would never win an election.

So they must deride black conservatives more than they attack any other group.

And your proof that blacks are out to deride black Conservatives STRICKLY based on Politics and not the message they speak is what? More lip service? thats what I thought.

"...what would happen if a smaller percentage of blacks turned out [to vote Democrat]:

- At 90 percent black turn-out, Wisconsin’s 10 electoral votes slide into the GOP column.

- At 75 percent black turn-out, Pennsylvania’s 21 electoral votes go Republican.

- At 70 percent Michigan’s 17 electoral votes turn from blue to red.

- At 50 percent the GOP collects Delawre’s three electoral votes.

It's all about politics to you Chic...You pretend to care about anything in the black community and see it thru the filter of how you can win at politics. Booo

I don’t know what a realistic number to project is for the effects of angry black apathy, but I’ll stop at 50 percent. It may be that going as low as 75 percent is unrealistic. Most likely it’s impossible to say. (And this doesn’t take into account things like congressional districts where black voters make the margin of difference.)"
Do Democrats need the black vote? | RobertEmmet Democrats need the black vote? | RobertEmmet

And if, in the 90% example above, the 10% voted Republican, that would change the 90% to the equivalent of 80%.

The other examples, even worse.

So....they hammer and ridicule black conservatives.
And lionize any like Colin Powell.

Hammer and ridicule them for what they say or blacks are so dam stupid that they attack any black with an R behind their names like Pavlovs unthinking well-taught dog?

You dont even realize how insulting you're being...and thats part of the problem...No one dislikes anyone else because of their politics, ppl are judged by the words they speak and the company they keep. Oh, but not blacks they just mad fer no reason :cuckoo:

I think our biggest problem is that old "broad brush".

I wish it wasn't this way in North America. When one of my bestest friend Phil went missing in Jamaica, I pulled out all company stops to find him.

Because I'm from the music industry, I was able to call up some markers and the whole island was "Phil man the lady is looking for you man" I found my friend.

I'm white he's black, who cares? He's my friend and I found him. I really don't get this supposed hate between each other.

I know I don't hate. I don't get it.

It's political, not personal, as in your example.

Without the black vote firmly behind the Left, they would never win an election.

So they must deride black conservatives more than they attack any other group.

And your proof that blacks are out to deride black Conservatives STRICKLY based on Politics and not the message they speak is what? More lip service? thats what I thought.

"...what would happen if a smaller percentage of blacks turned out [to vote Democrat]:

- At 90 percent black turn-out, Wisconsin’s 10 electoral votes slide into the GOP column.

- At 75 percent black turn-out, Pennsylvania’s 21 electoral votes go Republican.

- At 70 percent Michigan’s 17 electoral votes turn from blue to red.

- At 50 percent the GOP collects Delawre’s three electoral votes.

It's all about politics to you Chic...You pretend to care about anything in the black community and see it thru the filter of how you can win at politics. Booo

I don’t know what a realistic number to project is for the effects of angry black apathy, but I’ll stop at 50 percent. It may be that going as low as 75 percent is unrealistic. Most likely it’s impossible to say. (And this doesn’t take into account things like congressional districts where black voters make the margin of difference.)"
Do Democrats need the black vote? | RobertEmmet Democrats need the black vote? | RobertEmmet

And if, in the 90% example above, the 10% voted Republican, that would change the 90% to the equivalent of 80%.

The other examples, even worse.

So....they hammer and ridicule black conservatives.
And lionize any like Colin Powell.

Hammer and ridicule them for what they say or blacks are so dam stupid that they attack any black with an R behind their names like Pavlovs unthinking well-taught dog?

You dont even realize how insulting you're being...and thats part of the problem...No one dislikes anyone else because of their politics, ppl are judged by the words they speak and the company they keep. Oh, but not blacks they just mad fer no reason :cuckoo:

How lucky black folks are that they have a champion like you to stick up for the po' dum folks!

Imagine how lost and alone they'd be without you.

But....I suspect that black folks might be able to do better than some marginally intelligent buffoon.....

...just maybe.

Check out this interview with Michael Steele it's interesting in totality, but he makes some really excellent points starting at around the 30 minute mark, it's worth listing to the whole interview though. You will notice that he is not making blanket, insulting generalizations about Black people like west, cain, etc. He really calls it how he sees it regarding the republican party. It would really be interesting to hear what he says "off of the record". How come the people in "love" with Dr. Carson, aren't calling for Michael Steele to run for the republican nomination for President of the United States of America?
Michael Steele on the Future of the Republican Party - C-SPAN Video Library

Pheonix you dont understand....See when Steele makes middle of the road remarks thats because the black in him is making him talk crazy or he's not considered a "true republican" or some other way to marginalize him. But boy oh boy he will see warm open arms in Repub circles if he wags his finger at the black community...he still wouldnt be considered one of them but it would make him more of an acceptable black to them

Pheonix you dont understand....See when Steele makes middle of the road remarks thats because the black in him is making him talk crazy or he's not considered a "true republican" or some other way to marginalize him. But boy oh boy he will see warm open arms in Repub circles if he wags his finger at the black community...he still wouldnt be considered one of them but it would make him more of an acceptable black to them

I agree, you can see it the way cain and west are embraced by them. That's pretty much is EXACTLY Mr. Steele what he's addressing in that video. :) He really gives it to them, he's definitely from the intelligent and intellectual wing of that party. I would really like to see Mr. Steele and Corey Booker have a discussion and meeting of the minds. Mr. Booker is very intelligent and intellectual as well. Those other assholes (cain, west, and co.) can go pound sand.

Last edited:
1. In my youth I wanted so badly to fit in. I wanted to be a regular black kid like the other black kids. The problem was, as was pointed out in my eighth grade English class: “He talk like a white boy!”

2. My best friend lived in a white neighborhood and had the same debilitation: correct usage, impeccable diction, large vocabulary. Woe is us. So, for a week of so, we tried. We spent the entire week calling each other *******. “Nigga, please!” and “Nigga, whatchu talkin’ ‘bout.” But our proper English kept getting in the way, and the experiment failed.

3. I’m certain that my life would have been different had I kept trying. One thing is certain, I would have has greater success with women! Talking like a white boy hit me most often where it counts- my ability to get nookie. I discovered, much to my chagrin, that black women are highly sensitive to the Not Black Enough Syndrome. Black women like the jive talk.

4. It is an actual syndrome. Not only have I lived it, but it is also documented in the book “Black Rage,” written by two black psychiatrists, William H. Grier and Price M. Cobbs. Page 127: “A group of black men was asked to describe their techniques of seduction. Without exception, each one said that at a crucial point he reverted to the patois. Black women said they experienced an intensification of excitement when their lovers reverted to the ‘old language.’”

a. Of course, it had been pointed out in the eighth grade, I don’t have the patois. I fell to my knees and pleaded with God: “WHY? WHY DON’T I HAVE THE PATOIS??”

b. They go on to say: “For the black man in the United States, the boudoir is a field of combat in which rightfully or not he is deemed by his society pre-eminent. His use of patois,…may dramatically highlight an already heroic presence.”

5. Need proof? I dated Robin Givens years before she was Robin Givens. I was laying down my best stuff, wore my good cologne, told my best jokes trying to sound sophisticated. Even got in good with her mother. Nothing. Years later she married Mike Tyson. Later, I heard her on a radio interview with Howard Stern, talking about how she loves really thuggish black guys. What a gyp! I go to school, stay out of trouble, really try to make something of myself, but the street thug gets to make love to Robin Givens.

6. Well, I refuse to fake the funk for anyone. Even Robin Givens. Now, as an actor, I can fake the sound and syntax, the turn of phrase, the inflection, if a part requires it. But, it is not my normal way of speaking. Hardly a week goes by without someone commenting on my ‘proper’ speech. In fact, an actor I worked with reminded him of a professor he had in Trinidad, and he swore that one day, the professor waded out too far in the ocean, and, instead of hollering “Help! Help!,” he called out “Excuse me, may I have some assistance please?”

7. Fortunately there is a happy ending. Years after rebounding from the Givens snub, I met and fell in love with a pretty young black woman with red hair and freckles, who would become my wife. Oddly enough, while we were dating, I would speak to her on the phone, and find myself thinking, “She talk like a white girl.”
It was a match made in heaven.
The above from Joseph C. Phillips' book "He Talk Like A White Boy"

I hope that the above serves as education and a cautionary tale for our Liberal friends:
all black people are not the same.

Nor must they be ground to dust if they don't fit your political perspective.

I re-read this.....

...as for your post, as it stands, it is exactly what Phillips is railing against.

"Joseph is perhaps best known for the role of Lt. Martin Kendall, Lisa Bonet’s husband, on the hit series The Cosby Show. He was also a three time NAACP Image Award Nominee for his portrayal of Attorney Justus Ward on the Daytime Drama General Hospital. For two seasons he appeared as Mayor Morgan Douglas on the CBS series The District, recurred as Marcus Johnson on the hit CBS series Without A Trace and most recently appeared as JT Morse on the Fox Series, Vanished. He has had guest starring roles on C.S.I., Las Vegas, Jack and Bobby, The King of Queens, Judging Amy, Family Law, Martin, The Larry Sanders Show, City of Angeles, Any Day Now, The Parkers, Popular, V.I.P. and Living Single among others.

His feature film credits include starring roles in Strictly Business, Let’s Talk About Sex and Midnight Blue. Phillips’ many theatrical credits include starring roles in the Broadway production of Six Degrees of Separation, the Kennedy Center and American Playhouse productions of A Raisin in the Sun, starring Danny Glover and Esther Rolle, and the off- Broadway production of Coriolanus with Christopher Walken and Irene Worth. Mr. Phillips also had the honor of creating the title role in Dreaming Emmett, Pulitzer and Nobel Prize winning author Toni Morrison’s only theatrical play. Joseph’s solo performance piece, Professor Lombooza Lomboo was a featured production at the 12th annual National Black Theatre Festival and the 2001 Minnesota Fringe Festival.

Mr. Phillips is also a syndicated columnist. His column “The Way I see It” appears weekly in more than 30 publications across the country including The Columbus Post, The Los Angeles Wave, Akron Reporter, The Michigan Chronicle, The Michigan Front Page, The Chicago Defender, the New Pittsburgh Courier, The Tri-State Defender, Long Beach Times, The Atlanta Daily World, Miami Times, Tempo News and the web daily’s Blackamericatoday.com, Blacknews.com, EURweb.com, attackmachine.com, Netlistings.com, Michaellwilliams.com, JewishWorldReview.com, BlackAmericasWeb.com and PoliticalVanguard.com. His essays have been published in Newsweek, Los Angeles Daily News, Essence Magazine, Upscale, USA Today, Turning Point, College Digest, BET.com and the Indianapolis Recorder. Joseph has also contributed commentary to Paula Zhan, BET Tonight, BET Nightly News, The Dennis Miller Show, America’s Black Forum, was for 3 years a regular commentator on National Public Radio’s the Tavis Smiley Show and currently appears as a regular commentator on NPR’s News and Notes and American Urban Radio Networks Straight Talk. His first book, “He Talk Like a White Boy,” is currently available wherever books are sold.

Acting and writing are just two of Joseph’s many passions. His interest in community service has led to Mr. Phillips involvement with the Special Olympics, The Green Chimneys Foundation, of which he was an advisory board member, The Red Cross and the Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles. Phillips is an ambassador for the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America and is the face of Project Alpha for the March of Dimes.

He has been a visiting speaker for organizations such as Young Americas Foundation, The Leon H. Sullivan Foundation, Central State University, Columbus State Community College, Orange County Black Chamber of Commerce, California Community Renewal Summit, California Pro-Life, Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, Black America’s Political Action Committee, Council for African-American Republican Leadership, Colorado Sickle Cell Foundation, Sickle Cell Disease Association of America, The United States Post Office, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. Youngstown University, California State University At Northridge, Towson State University, Pepperdine University, The Green Chimney’s Foundation, Los Angeles Boys and Girls Club, Fullerton College, The Chicago Black Expo, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, Mountain View Community Church Elections Forum and at elementary and primary schools across the country.

Mr. Phillips has taught acting workshops at the National Black Theatre Festival, The College of William and Mary, California State University Long Beach, Louisiana State University, Delta State College, Canoga Park High School and The Lutheran School.

Joseph is a member of the Screen Actors Guild, American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, Actors Equity Association, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated, was National Co-Chair of the African American Steering committee for Bush/Cheney ’04, was named a member of the Republican National Committees African American Advisory Board, was appointed by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to the state board of directors of the California African American Museum and was named a 2005 Claremont Institute Lincoln Fellow.

An interest in Law resulted in Joseph’s acceptance to Rutgers University School of Law—an auxiliary career path he has put on hold. He is also a graduate of culinary school and has had recipes published in Soap Opera Digest, Essence Magazine and the best selling cookbook, Cooking with Regis And Kathy Lee, and is the Celebrity Chairman for Real Men Cook, Los Angeles.

However, his greatest passion is Nicole, his wife of 13 years, and their three children, Connor, 10, Ellis, 8 and 6 year-old Samuel."

I don't need to get into a pissing contest. Robin Givens is scrapping at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to celebrity personalities.

Here is the issue I think Politichic is missing.

There is no way to act, talk, walk, speak, black. Speaking slang in the a common pitch and tone relating to people of a particular socioeconomic status is always grossly allocated to people of color. Unfortunately many African-Americans also buy into this common misnomer. So I say again, this example you gave in the OP was very poor to say the least because there is no way of acting black/not acting black.

It is also a slap in the face to blacks like myself because you (not you in particular) feed into the stereotype that if blacks talk slang and use bad grammar that is somehow also attributed to us. If anyone told this guy he is not black enough, and he bought into it, he is also the foolish one because any intelligent person would challenge the notion of such a comment. The problem with these types of racial stereotypes is, "speaking proper" (Which is grammatically incorrect) or anything that is positive for that manner is almost always allocated to being white. Anything that deals with colloquialism, slang, "ebonics" or incorrect usage of grammar and spelling is always attributed to being black (and not because the person has not mastered the English language).

Still want me to post my resume? I just decimated his position with one paragraph (well, two actually)

Last edited:
Here is the issue I think Politichic is missing.

There is no way to act, talk, walk, speak, black. Speaking slang in the a common pitch and tone relating to people of a particular socioeconomic status is always grossly allocated to people of color. Unfortunately many African-Americans also buy into this common misnomer. So I say again, this example you gave in the OP was very poor to say the least because there is no way of acting black/not acting black.

It is also a slap in the face to blacks like myself because you (not you in particular) feed into the stereotype that if blacks talk slang and use bad grammar that is somehow also attributed to us. If anyone told this guy he is not black enough, and he bought into it, he is also the foolish one because any intelligent person would challenge the notion of such a comment. The problem with these types of racial stereotypes is, "speaking proper" (Which is grammatically incorrect) or anything that is positive for that manner is almost always allocated to being white. Anything that deals with colloquialism, slang, "ebonics" or incorrect usage of grammar and spelling is always attributed to being black (and not because the person has not mastered the English language).

Still want me to post my resume? I just decimated his position with one paragraph (well, two actually)

Decimated?
Surely you mean bloviated.
He has actual accomplishments.

If you have any doubt about the truth of Phillips' exposition, re: the disrespect of a large proportion....probably a majority....of blacks toward conservative blacks, you might pick up a copy of John McWhorter's "Losing the Race."

It is astoundingly similar to Phillip's opus.

In a way....both are the 'Catcher in the Wry' of black literature.
You'd be silly to deny it.

I may write a few OPs from Cora Daniels, as well.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...-becoming-an-angry-black-man.html#post7005575

Last edited:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...-becoming-an-angry-black-man.html#post7005575

I re-read this.....

I don't need to get into a pissing contest. Robin Givens is scrapping at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to celebrity personalities.

What a typical comment from a Liberal.

When you surround yourself with negatives you feed into them. Political Chic surrounds herself with "woe is me" stories from "conservatives" who BELIEVE (they cannot prove it unless they have a feelings meter someone invented) that THE ONLY reason ppl dislike them is not because of who they are, what they say, how they live or what they promote. They BELIEVE they are disliked SOLELY...SOLELY because of their political leanings. Like they showed up with an R on their chest and was immediately attacked.

So this is all Political Chic knows. She has no interest in how Condi received the NAACP award. All she remembers is that SOME blacks didnt like her and that builds her world view of blacks.

She has no interest in MLK being FOR reparations. All she remembers is the "content of your character" statements and "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" comment. And thats all she wants to remember because those two things create a conflict in her mind where both cannot be true at the same time.

Cosby said things about the black community that others have been saying for a long time. His "wag your finger" approach was loved by white ppl who wondered "Why hasnt anyone else told those blacks to get thier shit together". What you dont know is that while the Cosby show was running, he made sure to promote blacks, black music, black art (remember the paintings) etc. in a subtle way but he did so consciously.

Can Cosby promote those things and still see issues within our community. Sure, but if Political Chic had to answer she would be forced to ignore Condi's award, MOST of MLK's speechs and the entire history of Bill Cosby in order to pretend that blacks hate other blacks JUST BECAUSE they are Republican.

Ask Political Chic where are her threads on ANY other race. Why is this white girl so focused....SOLELY focused on blacks? You figure it out

When you surround yourself with negatives you feed into them. Political Chic surrounds herself with "woe is me" stories from "conservatives" who BELIEVE (they cannot prove it unless they have a feelings meter someone invented) that THE ONLY reason ppl dislike them is not because of who they are, what they say, how they live or what they promote. They BELIEVE they are disliked SOLELY...SOLELY because of their political leanings. Like they showed up with an R on their chest and was immediately attacked.

So this is all Political Chic knows. She has no interest in how Condi received the NAACP award. All she remembers is that SOME blacks didnt like her and that builds her world view of blacks.

She has no interest in MLK being FOR reparations. All she remembers is the "content of your character" statements and "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" comment. And thats all she wants to remember because those two things create a conflict in her mind where both cannot be true at the same time.

Cosby said things about the black community that others have been saying for a long time. His "wag your finger" approach was loved by white ppl who wondered "Why hasnt anyone else told those blacks to get thier shit together". What you dont know is that while the Cosby show was running, he made sure to promote blacks, black music, black art (remember the paintings) etc. in a subtle way but he did so consciously.

Can Cosby promote those things and still see issues within our community. Sure, but if Political Chic had to answer she would be forced to ignore Condi's award, MOST of MLK's speechs and the entire history of Bill Cosby in order to pretend that blacks hate other blacks JUST BECAUSE they are Republican.

Ask Political Chic where are her threads on ANY other race. Why is this white girl so focused....SOLELY focused on blacks? You figure it out

"Ask Political Chic where are her threads on ANY other race. Why is this white girl so focused....SOLELY focused on blacks?"

Thanks for asking:

1. Many believe that a college education is a high rung on the ladder to success. Still…it’s not one of the unalienable rights, such as life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness. Yet, if the bar to college is based on ethnicity, well, that sticks in the craw of American values. Speaking of which, the progressive value, diversity, has become somewhat of a bar if the ethnicity in question is Asian.

2. As of the 2010 census, there are almost 15 million Asians in the nation, 4.8% of the population.
http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-11.pdf

3. If a college or university uses racially-blind methodology, Asians are overrepresented in science and math departments. California Institute of Technology (Caltech), is such, and as a result, it is 40% Asian.
Office of the Registrar - California Institute of Technology

4. In “No Longer Separate, Not Yet Equal: Race and Class in Elite College Admission and Campus Life by Thomas J. Espenshade and Alexandria Walton Radford, the authors looked at college applications from 1997, when the maximum score was 1600…

a. African-American students with scores of 1100 had the same chance of getting into an elite school as white students who had a score of 1410…but Asian-Americans needed a 1550 SATscore. http://press.princeton.edu/blog/201...nst-college-applications-from-asian-students/

b. Can you say ‘racism’?

5. Residents of Austin, Texas, jokingly refer to their city as ‘San Francisco, Texas, due to its progressive bent. At the University of Texas- Austin, several students sued for bias, saying that racial profiling was used as a criteria for admission.

a. “A race-conscious admissions program at the University of Texas has passed its latest legal test. Five of the judges issued a stinging dissent that said the three-member panel had given "total deference to University administrators" when it should have applied "strict scrutiny" to the use of affirmative action. The plaintiffs, two white students who were denied admission, are expected to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court…the U.S. Constitution abhors racial preferences," Appeals court lets race-based admissions at UT stand | www.statesman.com

b. The question that faces us revolves around the fact that we are faced with the results of a world view that puts ideological values ahead of excellence.

c. “ Science, which requires the best and the brightest, is clearly at risk when schools put social engineering ahead of ability.” Berezow and Campbell, “Science Left Behind, “ p.179.

6. And, this same group, receiving less than fair treatment by educators….fares even less well with other students. “Asian Americans endure far more bullying at US schools than members of other ethnic groups, with teenagers of the community three times as likely to face taunts on the Internet, new data shows…. The research, to be released on Saturday, found that 54 percent of Asian American teenagers said they were bullied in the classroom, sharply above the 31.3 percent of whites who reported being picked on. The figure was 38.4 percent for African Americans and 34.3 percent for Hispanics, a government researcher involved in the data analysis told AFP. He requested anonymity because the data has not been made public. The data comes from a 2009 survey supported by the US Justice Department and Education Department which interviewed some 6,500 students from ages 12 to 18. Asian Americans are generally defined as tracing ancestry to East Asia, the Indian subcontinent or the South Pacific. AFP: Asian Americans most bullied in US schools: study

7. But….when getting elected is more important than supporting our values….this is what you get.

How ya' like me now, boyyyyyeeeee????

Did you walk right into that or what???
Oh, man....I do so love revealing what an idiot you are!!

PS, double-dunce:
I'm not a white girl.

You addressed exactly ZERO things I mentioned

Really?
I note you didn't say 'white girl' again, did you?
Why is that, if I addressed "exactly ZERO things" you mentioned?

And you didn't ask where any of my posts on other races are, did you, dope?

So...you've added lying to your resume?

Beat you from pillar to post!!!

And loved every electron of it!!!

I get that warm, fuzzy feeling that only cruelty to the stupid can provide.

Thanks again.

Forum List

Back