Northeast coast of US hit with massive internet outage, from Boston to DC

Natural Citizen

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder what they have up their sleeve with this one.

''Reports have surfaced of a massive internet outage in the northeast United States, with internet users locked out of multiple key services and apps. Verizon blamed the outage on "a fiber cut in Brooklyn."

Downdetector, a website that tracks reports of outages, showed widespread issues with Verizon, Google, Zoom, YouTube, Slack, Amazon Web Services and others shortly before noon on Tuesday.''

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

''Reports have surfaced of a massive internet outage in the northeast United States, with internet users locked out of multiple key services and apps. Verizon blamed the outage on "a fiber cut in Brooklyn."

Downdetector, a website that tracks reports of outages, showed widespread issues with Verizon, Google, Zoom, YouTube, Slack, Amazon Web Services and others shortly before noon on Tuesday.''

So that's what's going on.

OldLady

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Did anyone notice the source link is from Russia? :eusa_whistle:
But it's true. They're fixing it.

Lysistrata

Gold Member
Reaction score
Here, right outside of DC, everything is fine. I've been online all morning. Not a glitch.

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

I still have Internet...he he

Rambunctious

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'd be happy if both coasts lost their internet privileges.

The country would be FAR better off.
There would be a waiting line at the Golden Gate Bridge for all of the suicidal leftists wanting to jump.....

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
75% of the posts in this thread are off topic. This is about the Internet outage. It's not about the OPs source of the information. If you're not here to discuss the outage you don't belong in this thread

OP
Natural Citizen

Natural Citizen

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd be happy if both coasts lost their internet privileges.

The country would be FAR better off.
It's been a bit of a trend over the last few years. Not much has been made of it, it usually just kind of quietly fades away, but it's something that's been happening all across the country. It's mainly been power hubs, but there have also been some data infrastructure goings-on.

When I read reports of these kinds of outages the question naturally arises as to whether people out there are just testing for vulnerabilities or something like that.

It's a legitimate question, really.

Hidden

Gold Member
Reaction score
Can't you just grab your 4G phone and carry on?

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List