Northeast coast of US hit with massive internet outage, from Boston to DC

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
I wonder what they have up their sleeve with this one.

60105c3b203027522552c2a0.png

''Reports have surfaced of a massive internet outage in the northeast United States, with internet users locked out of multiple key services and apps. Verizon blamed the outage on "a fiber cut in Brooklyn."

Downdetector, a website that tracks reports of outages, showed widespread issues with Verizon, Google, Zoom, YouTube, Slack, Amazon Web Services and others shortly before noon on Tuesday.''

''Reports have surfaced of a massive internet outage in the northeast United States, with internet users locked out of multiple key services and apps. Verizon blamed the outage on "a fiber cut in Brooklyn."

Downdetector, a website that tracks reports of outages, showed widespread issues with Verizon, Google, Zoom, YouTube, Slack, Amazon Web Services and others shortly before noon on Tuesday.''

So that's what's going on.

Did anyone notice the source link is from Russia? :eusa_whistle:
But it's true. They're fixing it.

I still have Internet...he he

I'd be happy if both coasts lost their internet privileges.

The country would be FAR better off.

It's been a bit of a trend over the last few years. Not much has been made of it, it usually just kind of quietly fades away, but it's something that's been happening all across the country. It's mainly been power hubs, but there have also been some data infrastructure goings-on.

When I read reports of these kinds of outages the question naturally arises as to whether people out there are just testing for vulnerabilities or something like that.

It's a legitimate question, really.

Forum List

Back