North Dakota Bill to Exempt Drivers Who "Accidently" Hit Protestors Blocking Roads

Cool. Had some brake issues, time to go for a drive! Last I checked, I believe it's illegal to block streets/roads/highways anyway. Game on! Put a scoreboard on the dash, and go for high score...

You'll have more than brake problems if you go to North Dakota with the intent of killing protestors. My advise to you is to forget about it.
My advice to protestors is to remain on sidewalks, public parks, etc. - where you belong.

I think some of us don't really understand what a protest is. For example, in some cases it requires a permit? Fuck that, all day, eery day.
In most cases it requires a permit. Otherwise, one is just "disturbing the peace".

So the people must ask the government for permission now. Fuck that, all day, eery day.

Cool. Had some brake issues, time to go for a drive! Last I checked, I believe it's illegal to block streets/roads/highways anyway. Game on! Put a scoreboard on the dash, and go for high score...

You'll have more than brake problems if you go to North Dakota with the intent of killing protestors. My advise to you is to forget about it.
My advice to protestors is to remain on sidewalks, public parks, etc. - where you belong.

I think some of us don't really understand what a protest is. For example, in some cases it requires a permit? Fuck that, all day, eery day.
In most cases it requires a permit. Otherwise, one is just "disturbing the peace".

So the people must ask the government for permission now. Fuck that, all day, eery day.
Well it depends. Permission for what? To disturb an entire street, block, or even city? Uh...yeah. But you don't need permission to call, e-mail, or visit your representatives. You don't need permission to post on Facebook, Twitter, or USMB. You don't need permission to voice your opinion in public, or among your friends, or your family.

As I keep trying to explain to people on USMB...liberty does not equal anarchy. There is a monumental difference between the two.

Well maybe ND has stand your ground laws . Then the protesters can shoot divers who are trying to run them down!

Well it depends. Permission for what? To disturb an entire street, block, or even city? Uh...yeah. But you don't need permission to call, e-mail, or visit your representatives. You don't need permission to post on Facebook, Twitter, or USMB. You don't need permission to voice your opinion in public, or among your friends, or your family.

As I keep trying to explain to people on USMB...liberty does not equal anarchy. There is a monumental difference between the two.

I don’t disagree with that at all, but I don't believe in the system's ability to respond to the needs of society and/or the people anymore, not at this point. I will not be wasting time voting in this charade or calling, e-mailing, or visiting representatives who serve only concentrated wealth and power. Disruption and perturbation is the citizenry's only real option at this point and I understand we probably disagree there. And look, largely this has an awful lot to do with the failure of neoliberalism, no doubt, but the mechanisms by which a free and democratic society adjusts itself have been decimated. Noncooperation and nonparticipation are all I see left. So sure, at this stage of things, anyone who protests must expect arrest, this is simply how authoritarian systems operate.

View attachment 107188
My advice to you is don't protest in the road. Works out better for you that way.

View attachment 107188
My advice to you is don't protest in the road. Works out better for you that way.

Blow me :)

The vehicle was were it was supposed to be and the person choosing to block the highway wasn't.

Then, by all means, please go to ND.

The coming struggle will be everywhere.

Tell the protestors to stay out of the roads where cars belong and they don't.

Well maybe ND has stand your ground laws . Then the protesters can shoot divers who are trying to run them down!
Stand your ground requires that the defender be in a place where he or she had a legal right to be. There is no legal right to stand in the street and block traffic.

I don't think you quite understand hon, I'm not in charge of other human beings, and unlike you, I do not wish to be.

I don't think you quite understand hon, I'm not in charge of other human beings, and unlike you, I do not wish to be.

I didn't say you could make them just give them a piece of advice. A suggestion is not being in charge.

So you think they can block traffic and shoot at them?

You think blocking traffic is grounds for assualt wh a deadly weapon ?

You lefties have already told us that vehicles aren't deadly weapons. I recall statements to the effect of "vehicles were create for killing".

So you think they can block traffic and shoot at them?

You think blocking traffic is grounds for assualt wh a deadly weapon ?

You lefties have already told us that vehicles aren't deadly weapons. I recall statements to the effect of "vehicles were create for killing".

The purpose of a car is to transport . Doesn't mean it can't be used to mow someone down.

So if there's a Veterans Day parade , you can just drive right through it since its blocking your way ?

Forum List

Back