Non US citizens have a say! Why?

So we should count illegals too? They are inhabitants.
For the purpose of an accurate census...yes.
Isn't that what the Constitution calls for?
Tourists are inhabitants too. Do we count them?

It's generally assumed that tourists are not residents.
Why can’t non citizens be as well? Their stay is also unpredictable

Because they are residents. Should we also stop counting people over the age of 80?
Tourists are residents. Albeit short term.

Nope, not even a little.
A person coming into a place with intention to establish his domicil or permanent residence, and who in consequence actually remains there. Time is not so essential as the intent, executed by making or beginning an actual establishment, though it be abandoned in a longer, or shorter period.

Not all non residents come with the intention of establishing permanent residence here. Sorry.

You keep bringing up this intention of permanent residence. I don't know of anything in the Constitution that requires this.
Other than the operational definition of resident.

Because they are residents. Should we also stop counting people over the age of 80?
Not certain about vacationers from abroad or Canada or Mexico etc...

You have to reside in a state permanently.... vacationers/tourists are not counted.
Nope you have to have intent to reside here permanently. Tough to prove intent sans a green card
You live in a home, have a lease, pay rent or mortgage, pay utility bills, are not a resident of another State.... then you are a resident, and counted....

They don't distribute census forms to hotels, or vacaction resorts.... No reason for a tourist to fill out all that census info....

Our main problem, is getting all of the citizens and people who do reside here, to fill out a census.....
So if a visitor for Russia stays with my parents for say six months should they be counted?

Nope, not even a little.
A person coming into a place with intention to establish his domicil or permanent residence, and who in consequence actually remains there. Time is not so essential as the intent, executed by making or beginning an actual establishment, though it be abandoned in a longer, or shorter period.

Not all non residents come with the intention of establishing permanent residence here. Sorry.

You keep bringing up this intention of permanent residence. I don't know of anything in the Constitution that requires this.

I think the issue with you is more about intention than anything else. The Constitution doesn't say anything about intention.

Now non US citizens will be counted for apportioning congressional representatives. Amazing. Am I reading this correctly and how does no one have issues with this?

Because that's what the COTUS says
Constitution confers no constitutional benefits to non citizens. Laws protect them from assault and the like but there is Zero in constitution about, for example, non citizens much less illegals receiving welfare just becauseUS Citizens do

The Constitution protects everyone in the country from things like illegal search and seizure, fair trial, freedom to associate. You know...all that stuff you guys only care about when some idiot gets shot storming the capitol.
Those are laws that came to be created from the Constitution, it is the law that makes it “protective” and not the Constitution itself nor by itself.
What you libbies are trying to sell is that illegals and non citizens are afforded exactly the same “protections” as US citizens and that’s incorrect
For example, right from the US government, you must have a social security number or some other rare exception to obtain anFHA loan and many bank loans. You can’t get a VA loan unless you were in Military and met the criteria to receive your DD214.
Despite liberal feelings to make all who set foot on American soil the same as Citizrns with all the protections and benefits thereof; it’s just not true

An FHA loan is NOT a "protection", genius.

What does that have to do with the 1790 census?

The census in 1790 was predicated on the Naturalization Act.

1790....Enumeration

"The six inquiries in 1790 called for the name of the head of the family and the number of persons in each household of the following descriptions:"
  • "Free White males of 16 years and upward (to assess the country's industrial and military potential)"
  • "Free White males under 16 years"
  • "Free White females"
  • "All other free persons"
  • "Slaves"
In 1790 women didn't have a 'say'....Slaves didn't have a 'say'....According to you that's just fine. "All other free persons" were probably immigrants that also did not have a 'say.'

...and they were all counted in the census, including non citizens. So again, what is the point in regards to the op claiming only citizens should be counted?

Now non US citizens will be counted for apportioning congressional representatives. Amazing. Am I reading this correctly and how does no one have issues with this?

Constitution confers no constitutional benefits to non citizens. Laws protect them from assault and the like but there is Zero in constitution about, for example, non citizens much less illegals receiving welfare just becauseUS Citizens do

The Constitution protects everyone in the country from things like illegal search and seizure, fair trial, freedom to associate. You know...all that stuff you guys only care about when some idiot gets shot storming the capitol.
Those are laws that came to be created from the Constitution, it is the law that makes it “protective” and not the Constitution itself nor by itself.
What you libbies are trying to sell is that illegals and non citizens are afforded exactly the same “protections” as US citizens and that’s incorrect
For example, right from the US government, you must have a social security number or some other rare exception to obtain anFHA loan and many bank loans. You can’t get a VA loan unless you were in Military and met the criteria to receive your DD214.
Despite liberal feelings to make all who set foot on American soil the same as Citizrns with all the protections and benefits thereof; it’s just not true

He's wrestling with a strawman.

1790....Enumeration

"The six inquiries in 1790 called for the name of the head of the family and the number of persons in each household of the following descriptions:"
  • "Free White males of 16 years and upward (to assess the country's industrial and military potential)"
  • "Free White females"
  • "Slaves"
In 1790 women didn't have a 'say'....Slaves didn't have a 'say'....According to you that's just fine. "All other free persons" were probably immigrants that also did not have a 'say.'

...and they were all counted in the census, including non citizens. So again, what is the point in regards to the op claiming only citizens should be counted?

They cant articulate their point or show in the constitution where it says only citizens are counted for the census.

Undocumented citizens aren't afforded the same protections.

Happy?
Yea. Like priledges , constitutional benefits are achieved and not merely conferred because you set foot on American soil. There are laws protecting all of humanity, citizens or not, but Many Constitutional benefits are reserved for Citizens and rightly so

He's wrestling with a strawman.

Yeah.. I see the problem.

Happy?
Yea. Like priledges , constitutional benefits are achieved and not merely conferred because you set foot on American soil. There are laws protecting all of humanity, citizens or not, but Many Constitutional benefits are reserved for Citizens and rightly so

Just stop.. An FHA loan is NOT a constitutional benefit. Start with this and THINK.... Anyone who is on US soil is under US jurisdiction (law)....

EVERYONE who is on US soil is subject to US jurisdiction... US LAWS.

Happy?

Achieved? I'm not so sure that's the right word. It's not like you put any effort into it.

Anyway, if you want to post some specific examples that would be great.

The census is supposed to aid in determining representation in Congress based on number of CITIZENS. Illegals are not citizens and thus legally should not be counted. There’s no gray area here. More bullshit from Xiden. Well on his way to Obozo and Carter depths of incompetence.

Where did you pull that out of? Are you you trying to claim they’ve been doing it all wrong since 1790?
Like I care what a proven lying asshole like you thinks. Representation is based on citizens. Illegals get ZERO say and not counted. Of course a dumbfuck like you has no problem with stuffing illegals into everything.

So...do I take it you are on record as claiming they’ve been doing it wrong since 1790?

Ok, show us the wording from 1790, and subsequent census law where non citizens are counted for the purpose of representative apportionment.
Why dont you show us where it says only citizens are counted?

Because I'm not the one making the claim..
I didnt say you were making a claim. Did you quote me on accident?

No, I answered your question
So where does it say in your answer or the constitution that only citizens are counted?

Look, I asked a question of Coyote, you piped in and tried to turn it on me, and still are...So, to recap for you, Coyote put out there that the census has counted non citizens since 1790 by statute. You “liked” that post. I merely asked her, or now you to show me....I’m assuming she, nor you can....

The census is supposed to aid in determining representation in Congress based on number of CITIZENS. Illegals are not citizens and thus legally should not be counted. There’s no gray area here. More bullshit from Xiden. Well on his way to Obozo and Carter depths of incompetence.

Where did you pull that out of? Are you you trying to claim they’ve been doing it all wrong since 1790?
Like I care what a proven lying asshole like you thinks. Representation is based on citizens. Illegals get ZERO say and not counted. Of course a dumbfuck like you has no problem with stuffing illegals into everything.

So...do I take it you are on record as claiming they’ve been doing it wrong since 1790?

Ok, show us the wording from 1790, and subsequent census law where non citizens are counted for the purpose of representative apportionment.

So where does it say in your answer or the constitution that only citizens are counted?

Look, I asked a question of Coyote, you piped in and tried to turn it on me, and still are...So, to recap for you, Coyote put out there that the census has counted non citizens since 1790 by statute. You “liked” that post. I merely asked her, or now you to show me....I’m assuming she, nor you can....

You didnt even try to google it? Found this a second after I read your post.

" The census has been guided by authorizing legislation since 1790. Through the mid-nineteenth century, this legislation was very detailed: it listed questions to be asked and gave detailed instructions to the census-takers. "

You have to reside in a state permanently.... vacationers/tourists are not counted.
Nope you have to have intent to reside here permanently. Tough to prove intent sans a green card
You live in a home, have a lease, pay rent or mortgage, pay utility bills, are not a resident of another State.... then you are a resident, and counted....

They don't distribute census forms to hotels, or vacaction resorts.... No reason for a tourist to fill out all that census info....

Our main problem, is getting all of the citizens and people who do reside here, to fill out a census.....
So if a visitor for Russia stays with my parents for say six months should they be counted?
If your parents want to lie, sure.

Last edited:

You didnt even try to google it? Found this a second after I read your post.

" The census has been guided by authorizing legislation since 1790. Through the mid-nineteenth century, this legislation was very detailed: it listed questions to be asked and gave detailed instructions to the census-takers. "

ok, good. Now show me where it says that non citizens are to be counted for the purpose of representative apportionment....And be sure that if found it wasn’t legislated from then til now.

Do you even know what apportionment means? "Citizens" don't decide apportionment. The number of people in an area do. Citizens only vote for the people that will fill that apportionment.
You left out, "as of Jan 20th."

Nope, not even a little.

I think the issue with you is more about intention than anything else. The Constitution doesn't say anything about intention.
I just provided the operational definition of what a resident is. To me it is illogical to treat people who don't at least have a green card as residents but I don't make the laws.

If your parents want to lie, sure.
Lie? What do you mean lie? Don't follow.

1790....Enumeration

• "Free White females"
  • "Slaves"

They cant articulate their point or show in the constitution where it says only citizens are counted for the census.
I just provided the operational definition of "resident"...what do you not understand about that? Should I do it in a language they speak in Oakland, dude?

Forum List

Back