Nobodies unemployment rate has a 1.2 trillion dollar failed stimulus in it, but 1

Notice how most aren't FDIC-insured depository institutions? It's almost like I said that already...

Well that's interesting. First you say TARP wasn't about jobs, now you say TARP is about jobs.

You should pick a claim and stick to it.

What Does Troubled Asset Relief Program - TARP Mean?
A government program created for the establishment and management of a Treasury fund, in an attempt to curb the ongoing financial crisis of 2007-2008. The TARP gives the U.S. Treasury purchasing power of $700 billion to buy up mortgage backed securities (MBS) from institutions across the country, in an attempt to create liquidity and un-seize the money markets. The fund was created by a bill that was made law on October 3, 2008 with the passage of H.R. 1424 enacting the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008. The Treasury will be given $250 billion immediately, and the President must certify additional funds as they are needed. The additional funds will be distributed as $100 billion, and then as the final $350 billion is given, Congress has the right to not approve the additional amounts.
Investopedia explains Troubled Asset Relief Program - TARP
Global credit markets came to a near stand still in September 2008, as several major financial institutions, such as Lehman Brothers, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and American International Group, went under. In a few surprising moves, heavyweights Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley even changed their charter to become commercial banks, in an attempt to stabilize their capital situation. The bailout will attempt to increase the liquidity of the secondary mortgage markets by purchasing the illiquid MBS, and through that, reducing the potential losses that could be felt by the institutions who currently own them.

In October of 2008, revisions to the program were announced by Treasury Secretary Paulson and President Bush; allowing for the first $250 billion to be used to buy equity stakes in nine major U.S. banks, and many smaller banks. This program demands that companies involved lose some tax benefits, and in many cases incur limits on executive compensation.

Are you of the opinion that any of the above supports the notion that TARP was set up to protect depository institutions?

I NEVER CLAIMED IT WAS
WHAT I STATED WAS THAT THE FDIC COULD NOT SUPPORT ALL OF THOSE BANKS THAT TOOK TARP IF THEY FAILED
Saving those bank deposits didn't require TARP. We could have simply recapitalized the FDIC.

TARP was not an attempt to recapitalized depository institutions.

Notice how most aren't FDIC-insured depository institutions? It's almost like I said that already...

Well that's interesting. First you say TARP wasn't about jobs, now you say TARP is about jobs.

You should pick a claim and stick to it.

Are you of the opinion that any of the above supports the notion that TARP was set up to protect depository institutions?

I NEVER CLAIMED IT WAS
WHAT I STATED WAS THAT THE FDIC COULD NOT SUPPORT ALL OF THOSE BANKS THAT TOOK TARP IF THEY FAILED
Saving those bank deposits didn't require TARP. We could have simply recapitalized the FDIC.

OK fine
Is it not amazing that it never became an issue?

[

what information have I supplied to you that is in accurate?
I never blamed Obama for anything
Facts prove that GWB did improve the economy until 2008. The events of 2008 had nothing to do with GWB nor his policies
I ask again
what have I lied to anyone about

What facts?

So Bush gets credit for the expansion during his presidency, but is exempt from blame for the crash of his economy.

lol

what facts?
you cannot jump on this thread at the end and ask that question
Job Creation?
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.compaes.txt

My issue here is people are trying to compare Obama with anyone
How?
why?
no other president has printed money in 8 years like he has in 2

That's it change the subject. I would too if I'd said something as stupid as you did.

I NEVER CLAIMED IT WAS

OK fine
Is it not amazing that it never became an issue?

I'm genuinely not sure what you are referring to. Amazing that what never became an issue? Recapitalizing the FDIC vs. TARP?

What facts?

So Bush gets credit for the expansion during his presidency, but is exempt from blame for the crash of his economy.

lol

what facts?
Job Creation?

How?
why?

That's it change the subject. I would too if I'd said something as stupid as you did.

STUPID?
what subject did I change?
you know you liberals have nothing left to debate, so you sort to name calling and trying to get the person to lower his self to your level
babble rebutted with babble
not in my world
The subject has not changed as hard as each of you have tried to
Obama has spent more money than any other president before him by trillions
to show for that the economy is millions of jobs in the hole, and there is no end in site
Gas is closing on 4.00 a gallon and the UAW now owns more of GM than GM does
brilliant

what facts?
Job Creation?

How?
why?

STUPID?
you know you liberals have nothing left to debate, so you sort to name calling and trying to get the person to lower his self to your level
not in my world
to show for that the economy is millions of jobs in the hole, and there is no end in site
brilliant

Most of Obama's spending has simply been policies carried over from the Bush administration.

STUPID?
not in my world
brilliant

Most of Obama's spending has simply been policies carried over from the Bush administration.

Then why is it that the deficit spending in 2007 was 150 billion and in 2009 it was 1.5 trillion? Did that 800 billion dollar failed job stimulus not add to the debt in 2009?
How are we paying for tarp?
Obama's tarp?
2009?
well lets see thats 350+800 there 1.15 trillion

Forum List

Back