No You Do Not Have An Absolute Right To Have Certain Types Of Or The Carrying Of Firearms

“We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. ‘Miller’ said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those ‘in common use at the time.’ 307 U.S., at 179, 59 S.Ct. 816. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of ‘dangerous and unusual weapons.’”

Justice Scalia also wrote:

“It may be objected that if weapons that are most useful in military service — M-16 rifles and the like — may be banned, then the Second Amendment right is completely detached from the prefatory clause. But as we have said, the conception of the militia at the time of the Second Amendment’s ratification was the body of all citizens capable of military service, who would bring the sorts of lawful weapons that they possessed at home to militia duty. It may well be true today that a militia, to be as effective as militias in the 18th century, would require sophisticated arms that are highly unusual in society at large. Indeed, it may be true that no amount of small arms could be useful against modern-day bombers and tanks. But the fact that modern developments have limited the degree of fit between the prefatory clause and the protected right cannot change our interpretation of the right.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjZ4oTAvcDUAhUBzIMKHVVBAzoQFgg9MAQ&url=https://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/justice-scalias-gun-control-argument/&usg=AFQjCNGSFaggs-G15kcyTS8oO4Bcio9tiQ&sig2=_z6ec0jGImhSGUdZGmsLUw

All I want is to keep a 6 shot revolver in my own apartment. NYC says to do that I have to pay $600 or so in fees, and wait up to 6 months to get a license to do so.

Why should I give a rats ass about "any weapon I want" when gun grabbing fucks like you in government enforce the above?

Having failed to take away your 2nd amendment rights via the courts, they are using punishment fees and lengthy delays in an effort to get you to give up your 2nd amendment rights voluntarily as not worth all the hassle and expense.

100% correct. It results in a de facto ban, even if de jure it is still "allowed"

And if we allow the corrupt government to strip our 2nd amendment rights via punishment fees and threats, they can strip us of any constitutional rights. The political establishment HATES the constitutional limits on their power.

“We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. ‘Miller’ said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those ‘in common use at the time.’ 307 U.S., at 179, 59 S.Ct. 816. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of ‘dangerous and unusual weapons.’”

Justice Scalia also wrote:

“It may be objected that if weapons that are most useful in military service — M-16 rifles and the like — may be banned, then the Second Amendment right is completely detached from the prefatory clause. But as we have said, the conception of the militia at the time of the Second Amendment’s ratification was the body of all citizens capable of military service, who would bring the sorts of lawful weapons that they possessed at home to militia duty. It may well be true today that a militia, to be as effective as militias in the 18th century, would require sophisticated arms that are highly unusual in society at large. Indeed, it may be true that no amount of small arms could be useful against modern-day bombers and tanks. But the fact that modern developments have limited the degree of fit between the prefatory clause and the protected right cannot change our interpretation of the right.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjZ4oTAvcDUAhUBzIMKHVVBAzoQFgg9MAQ&url=https://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/justice-scalias-gun-control-argument/&usg=AFQjCNGSFaggs-G15kcyTS8oO4Bcio9tiQ&sig2=_z6ec0jGImhSGUdZGmsLUw

So I simply don't register the sniper rifle I am going to use to knock off my enemy (like you) when the time comes.

I am O.K. with that.
Some people may clamor to become well regulated and well qualified, to use bazookas and mortars.

Oh, for Pete's sake, 2AGuy, pay attention. Jake needs to carry in church? You'd think church was for quiet thoughtful peaceful meditation, not looking over your shoulder and keeping your handgun ready to fire. That's what we were discussing, not a public park.
Do you think the victims that Dylann Roof murdered in church would have like to have had handguns ready to fire?
They probably would have liked Dylan Roof not to have one. In some countries, that's the way of things.

He was a criminal. They can always get guns.
Is that why the three ISIS terrorists in London used a van and knives?
To incite terror!
They didn't use guns because they didn't HAVE guns because there aren't as many easily accessible guns, legal or illegal, in Great Britain. That was my point.

Do you think the victims that Dylann Roof murdered in church would have like to have had handguns ready to fire?
They probably would have liked Dylan Roof not to have one. In some countries, that's the way of things.

To incite terror!
They didn't use guns because they didn't HAVE guns because there aren't as many easily accessible guns, legal or illegal, in Great Britain. That was my point.
Now you claim you know how the terrorists think and how illegal guns are obtained in GB? Never having been there or a terrorist, how does that work?

? That's kind of sad.

Fakey is sad.

Actually pretty pathetic... He says he carries a gun....lol... I can just see that bed wetter with a gun.

Paint-Ball.jpg

To incite terror!

And your point is wrong.......they choose to use knives and machetes because blades are more traditional......and criminals get guns in Britain...the gun crime rate is going up in Britain....

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

The Met Police's figures showed there were 2,544 gun crime offences from April 2016 to April 2017 compared to 1,793 offences from 2015 until 2016.
Knife crime also increased by 24% with 12,074 recorded offences from 2016 to 2017.

=

I hope they kill all of the gun grabbing scum first. Any government that wants the citizens to be unarmed should leave its leaders without any defense FIRST. When they take the guns and the bodyguards of the rich shit who wants us disarmed it will be a reason to talk about the government disarming within the borders and the gun grabber politicians and stupid liberal gun control advocates catching the next plane out by force.

In Texas we have open carry now and things are just fine. No wild west shootouts are happening like the libtards and dummiecrats said would happen.

I have never seen anyone pull a gun. Never. I was in a Kroger a couple years ago and a guy came in and started chasing his girlfriend who was an employee. He pulled out a switchblade and threatened to cut her. I grabbed 2 cans of tomatoes and was going to crease his skull if she ran by me. An employee with a push broom swung it like a bat and knocked the guy unconscious and the cops were there in 2 minutes. I had a concealed weapon and probably half the guys there also. I never once thought of pulling it. Libtards think we go around waving guns and threatening people. We're taught never to show your weapon unless someone is pointing theirs or another deadly weapon at you or other people.

I have seen someone pull a gun. The first time, I'm buying beer at the local store (when I'm 15) (I know the owner)

The guy down the street's brother is in front of me in line.

All of sudden the man pulls out a gun and point it right in the face of down-the-street-dude's brother.

"You that motherfucker that triedto rob me a couple days ago, don't you move, I'll kill ya."

He rang me up, keeping the gun on the other guy, and I got the hell outta there.

There was another time, too.

We went to this rock n roll club with some girls, decent band, 2-3 cars. We got pretty lit.

It gets like 1:00 am, time to go..so we go out back, and there's these dudes with a red t-top camaro with a bud light 12-pack on top.

They're all "Hey, come have a beer with us" To us and the girls.

We're like "Nahh, we gotta go."

They were obnoxiously persistent, so my buddy goes "How 'bout we give um the once around before we go?"

We were all "yeahh, let's do it." In the primer gray jacked-up 80s Camaro.

By the time the 1st go-round was done, they charged the car guns drawn, I'm looking down the barrel of a 9mm in my face.

It was sheriffs trying to bust people for dui.

Bad night.

I did ride home next to a hot girl, though. There was a little fun there, too. :X

Last edited:

Forum List

Back