No, We Will Not Sacrifice Our Parents And Grandparents At The Alter Of Trumps Economy

No one knows what might happen in the next ten days or longer. There may be less virus. There maybe better preventative measures.
But one thing we do understand and know completely is if we hid too long we might as well just stay as there will be no reason to emerge from our holes.
The one good thing about this whole virus is if a liberal ever claims to care about life or people we can just point to the democrats idea of a virus help plan. If they ever again complain about the deficit we can just point and laugh. If they talk about GDP we can just laugh and roll our eyes.

NEWS FLASH

Dear RW Shitstains

this virus is bigger than Trump, you, the economy and any political bullshit you can come up with. Chances are GROWING DAILY coast to coast shut downs are on the way. Then you can play tough bitch all you want.

I'm an old person, 73, and a grandparent. If I am at risk then quarantine me. Don't destroy what we and my grandparents worked so hard to create.

The reason we need to take drastic measures is to protect the elderly. Now send the checks. The elderly are worth protecting even if the economy takes a hit. Pro life doesn't end at birth.

I can't believe what these retards are saying.
They WOULD sacrifice granny to a better GDP

And the really fucked up thing is that they are TOTALLY WRONG FROM THE GET GO.

This is not just about the elderly. It's about everyone. We are all at risk and a society can not survive that...not financially...not at all
Did you say that when 12,000 died from H1N1?

Texas Lt Gov Dan Patrick bluntly said what trump has been saying more subtly with his 15-day plan to open up businesses and schools — that grandparents should sacrifice their lives to save the economy for the children. Also, he is implying that there are only two (false) choices — save the economy or let the elderly die.

In the video segment below, Tucker Carlson, instead of being his usual chatty and nasty self, listens in silence, probably thinking of his parents, and asks a question in the end —

Tucker: You are basically saying that this disease could take our life, but that’s not the scariest thing to you, there’s something that would be worse than dying.

Patrick: Yeah

The party of life ladies and gentlemen. I just can't figure out why nobody takes them seriously.

Because we own the WH, the senate, and the SCOTUS.

How that happened I don't know....but part of it has to do with the fact that you guys can't figure out your heads are stuck up your asses.

Please tell us how we sacrafice Granny. Please tell us.

I can't believe what these retards are saying.
They WOULD sacrifice granny to a better GDP

And the really fucked up thing is that they are TOTALLY WRONG FROM THE GET GO.

This is not just about the elderly. It's about everyone. We are all at risk and a society can not survive that...not financially...not at all

Who put that ring through your nose.

And then told you that you were smart ?

Leave it to the Daily Kook to leave out the fact that the Democrats can limit their exposure by having their welfare and food stamps direct deposited to their EBT cards....

Funny you should mention Welfare. There are more party of the rump voters on welfare than any other one group. The poorest states with the highest per capita number of welfare recipients are all deep red states. You have a backward firing gun on your hands.
1585090198011.png

You can't really consider daily kos with any degree of seriousness. We already treat our elderly with a huge dollop of contempt.

this virus is bigger than Trump, you, the economy and any political bullshit you can come up with.

The largest known virus has a diameter of about a micron. Do you know how big a millimeter is? On most metric rulers, that's the distance between the finest ticks. A micron is 1/1000 of that. That's how big the largest known virus is.

And COVID-19 is a lot smaller than that. Smaller, even, than your brain, if you can imagine that.

this virus is bigger than Trump, you, the economy and any political bullshit you can come up with.

The largest known virus has a diameter of about a micron. Do you know how big a millimeter is? On most metric rulers, that's the distance between the finest ticks. A micron is 1/1000 of that. That's how big the largest known virus is.

And COVID-19 is a lot smaller than that. Smaller, even, than your brain, if you can imagine that.

so you go to WALMART and tell that to every empty shelf in the Mega store - across the country

you or any other Trumpstain cant tell the size of this virus because its not over - ya f'n idget.

you or any other Trumpstain cant tell the size of this virus because its not over - ya f'n idget

Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 99 cases of 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study—The Lancet

2019-nCoV also has enveloped virions that measure approximately 50–200 nm in diameter with a single positive-sense RNA genome.

The abbreviation “nm” is for nanometers. Remember where I told you that a micron is 1/1000 of a millimeter? A nanometer is 1/1000 of a micron, or 1/1,000,000 of a millimeter. So, a COVID-19 virus is anywhere from 1/20 to 1/5 of a micron, or 1/20,000 to 1/5,000 of a millimeter.

Texas Lt Gov Dan Patrick bluntly said what trump has been saying more subtly with his 15-day plan to open up businesses and schools — that grandparents should sacrifice their lives to save the economy for the children. Also, he is implying that there are only two (false) choices — save the economy or let the elderly die.

In the video segment below, Tucker Carlson, instead of being his usual chatty and nasty self, listens in silence, probably thinking of his parents, and asks a question in the end —

Tucker: You are basically saying that this disease could take our life, but that’s not the scariest thing to you, there’s something that would be worse than dying.

Patrick: Yeah

The party of life ladies and gentlemen. I just can't figure out why nobody takes them seriously.

Oh God, the party of give me more money to murder unborn babies opining on death.

Go sit in the corner, you're just embarrassing yourself now.

1585092550555.png

We already sacrifice granny with the yearly influenza and have accepted death rates in the tens of thousands for decades.
We also accept tens of thousands of deaths, due to driving, smoking, drinking, cancer, suicide, drug use, crime etc.

This virus will be around for months and maybe longer. There has to be a proper balance otherwise if the measure is only lives, we must shut down every winter during influenza season.
We have to learn to live with it. All we can do is buy time until a vaccine is developed and Dr. Osterholm has stated that he believes shutdowns will do little in the long run. The realization is coming that 40 to 80% of the population will have this pass through. All we can do is slow it so hospitals don't get overwhelmed in certain hot areas. Do we really envision a country in lockdown for 18 months?
Despite MN governor Walz (D) now in quarantine along with the Lt. Governor losing her brother. He has remained hesitant to order a full shutdown of state as he knows what a financial nightmare for the entire population. The numbers just are not there to justify the entire economy shutting down.

Last edited:
We already sacrifice granny with the yearly influenza and have accepted death rates in the tens of thousands for decades.
The hell we have

and regardless...you want to make that worse WHY exactly?
Over 26,000 influenza deaths in America this season alone. That number varies between 10,000 to 60,000 deaths every season and asshats like you wish all to suffer financial ruin for numbers not even close to approaching what we already accept every year.
The virus is not being eradicated. It is with us for the long term. That is reality.

We can buy time without entire shutdowns and without the ridiculous hyperbole and fear generated by internet trolls such as yourself.

Sadly, 544 people have died since the first case came on shore 2 1/2 months ago.

But 4000 died in 6 months in 2009, before an emergency was declared. And the country was not shut down.

You keep the country shut down do you have any idea how many suicides that will result. Possibly even homicide/suicide.

New Topics

Forum List

Back