No Toilet Paper or Water on the Shelves

I'm gonna install one of those bidets tomorrow ...........My wife bought one......LOL

Why not.............seeing how this INSANITY sent home over a 1000 workers today were I work.........2 to 8 weeks off with NO PAY........that's real.............

This is what this whole panic has done..........Crashed the markets.........caused a global grab on everything...........and I've NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS in over a half Century on this earth......

It is AMAZING........what have we become........Boogles the mind.
We Americans of my generation as younger, have never had to deal with quarantine. My mother remembers the quarantines for polio.

I'm gonna install one of those bidets tomorrow ...........My wife bought one......LOL

Why not.............seeing how this INSANITY sent home over a 1000 workers today were I work.........2 to 8 weeks off with NO PAY........that's real.............

This is what this whole panic has done..........Crashed the markets.........caused a global grab on everything...........and I've NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS in over a half Century on this earth......

We Americans of my generation as younger, have never had to deal with quarantine. My mother remembers the quarantines for polio.
We've have been through these pandemics before...........I've shown them time and time again.........Asian flu a million died ..over 10000 died in the U.S...........Hong Kong Flu...............same.............

They have Never gone to the point of destroying the word's economy over a pandemic before.........

How is this one HONESTLY any worse than so many others.......that we destroy the world for it.???

We've have been through these pandemics before...........I've shown them time and time again.........Asian flu a million died ..over 10000 died in the U.S...........Hong Kong Flu...............same.............

They have Never gone to the point of destroying the word's economy over a pandemic before.........

How is this one HONESTLY any worse than so many others.......that we destroy the world for it.???

No idea.

But economies world wide are tanking.

I guess the questions to ask are what is different this time around? It would be refreshing to discuss without partisanship.

What comes to mind is - the intertwined nature of production and economies world wide leads to more vulnerability.

I think the corona virus is more contagious also.

I've worked at a university for 30 years now - I don't ever remember classes being cancelled and out on line, and never, ever, being required to work from home (which I now am).

It's weird.

Except now everyone’s brainwashed into shutting the world down for this one.

I pretty much knew this was coming already........2 crews yesterday......Coronavirus questionaires the day before.......Driving in to work they had a tent in the road that we drove through to park........Pretty obvious that they will be screening essential contractors for the virus coming into work......Probably taking temps.....and even coronavirus tests.......

I'm not kidding when I say over a 1000 people went home today until further notice......I've had my gang box in that place for 15 years.........first time it's left in that long.

I pretty much knew this was coming already........2 crews yesterday......Coronavirus questionaires the day before.......Driving in to work they had a tent in the road that we drove through to park........Pretty obvious that they will be screening essential contractors for the virus coming into work......Probably taking temps.....and even coronavirus tests.......

I'm not kidding when I say over a 1000 people went home today until further notice......I've had my gang box in that place for 15 years.........first time it's left in that long.

I decided to google "is corona virus really so bad" - interesting what come up, but here is one article that seems to indicate caution is a good idea:

coronavirus-vs-the-flu-its-just-like-other-viruses-and-we-should-go-about-our-normal-business-right-wrong-heres-why-2020-03-09

Except now everyone’s brainwashed into shutting the world down for this one.

I'm beginning to doubt that many even have a brain to wash.

I decided to google "is corona virus really so bad" - interesting what come up, but here is one article that seems to indicate caution is a good idea:

coronavirus-vs-the-flu-its-just-like-other-viruses-and-we-should-go-about-our-normal-business-right-wrong-heres-why-2020-03-09
I've read that and many articles and have argued that the WHO moratlity rate is too high......Given other data has been much different with more tests and more data.........South Korea I have mainly used for this......as they did more testing early on which is better for Statistics............They had a 0.7% rate..........not 3 to 4%..........

Other articles show 80% recover at home......20% go to hospital.....5% of the 20% are critical or serious......and 45% plus die of that 5%..........

Still looking at a possible 99% survival rate........I understand that if MANY GET IT......that is a lot.......but that has happened before........as I've already stated..........and we didn't destroy the economy in any of those in the past..........WHY NOW...........

I've read that and many articles and have argued that the WHO moratlity rate is too high......Given other data has been much different with more tests and more data.........South Korea I have mainly used for this......as they did more testing early on which is better for Statistics............They had a 0.7% rate..........not 3 to 4%..........

Other articles show 80% recover at home......20% go to hospital.....5% of the 20% are critical or serious......and 45% plus die of that 5%..........

Still looking at a possible 99% survival rate........I understand that if MANY GET IT......that is a lot.......but that has happened before........as I've already stated..........and we didn't destroy the economy in any of those in the past..........WHY NOW...........

Good question - I'm thinking the answer lies in what is different now than 10 years ago. Wasn't that when we had the last pandemic that affected us?

upload_2020-3-17_19-42-1.png

Good question - I'm thinking the answer lies in what is different now than 10 years ago. Wasn't that when we had the last pandemic that affected us?
About 595 k died from the Swine Flu.........Million the Asian Flu.....Same the Hong Kong Flu.........

We lost over 100,000 people in the Asian and Hong Kong Flu each................

Those are pandemics.............I still don't see how this is different.........in regards to the Swine Flu......it killed the young more than the old.

About 595 k died from the Swine Flu.........Million the Asian Flu.....Same the Hong Kong Flu.........

We lost over 100,000 people in the Asian and Hong Kong Flu each................

Those are pandemics.............I still don't see how this is different.........in regards to the Swine Flu......it killed the young more than the old.

Another interesting article - comparing Covid19 with other pandemics/outbreaks: How Does Coronavirus Compare to Other Outbreaks? - Blog - FutureLearn. (I didn't realize swine flu was related to the Spanish flu) - it does point out that Covid19 has a higher fatality rate than swine flu.

I also found this interesting article - the last huge pandemic was the Spanish flu and apparently it had enormous economic repercussions as well: Coronavirus and Spanish flu: economic lessons to learn from the last truly global pandemic.

Forum List

Back