No, This Isn't an "Anti-Incumbent" Year

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
It is a false equivalency being pushed because Arlen Specter is probably going to lose today. If that happens, Snarlin' Arlen will make the fourth high-profile pol that Barack Obama embraced in friendship who was later rebuked by the voters of a blue or purple state. Deeds, Corzine, Coakley, Specter. The White House doesn't want this "narrative" to get out - so they're pushing this alternative instead.

This isn't about dissatisfaction with the performance of the 44th President. Oh no. This is about demanding change in Washington - the very same change, by gum, that Barack Obama has been working so hard to bring about!

"Change that you can believe in" has gone from an over-worked campaign slogan to an unfalsifiable hypothesis. Vote for a Dem, you support the President's agenda for change. Vote for a GOPer, you support the President's agenda for change.

But how many Republican incumbents are in severe jeopardy of losing their seat in Congress to a Democratic challenger?

I count one: Joseph Cao of New Orleans.

Meanwhile, I count more than 20 Democrats in the House and Senate who are in severe jeopardy. Lower the threshold from "severe" to "serious" jeopardy, and I count maybe four Republicans and more than 50 Democrats.

Read it all here: RealClearPolitics - HorseRaceBlog - No, This Isn't an "Anti-Incumbent" Year

Laughable liberal water carriers for Obama can post threads saying the polls say people want Democrats in Congress, but the reality on the ground and in the primaries are talking a completely different game.

The facts are people are fed up with politics as usual in Washington and Obama speaks politics as usual with a decidedly leftwing radical/socialst edge.

People have had it.

The press can tell us BS all they want, but they can't make people vote the way they want.

Watch for the liberal press to spin the crap about voters throwing a tantrum (as they did after election day 1992) when it is really THEM throwing the tantrum, that they have lost their power to sway public opinion.

This is all fun stuff to watch.

:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back