No prison time for day-care provider who tried to hang toddler, and she may keep her own kids

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Wow, what the fuck? I guess they needed the cell space for some kid that got caught selling a joint. If it had been a male he'd probably be looking at 20+ years in prison.

No prison time for Minneapolis day-care provider who tried to hang toddler

A judge pointed to a “perfect storm” of circumstances Monday when he spared prison for a Minneapolis home day-care operator who attempted to hang a toddler in the basement before fleeing in her minivan and leaving a trail of mayhem, seriously injuring two people.

Nataliia Karia, 43, abandoned a possible insanity defense and pleaded guilty in February to attempted murder in connection with the hanging of the boy from a noose in November 2016 inside the home in the 2700 block of Humboldt Avenue S.

The 16-month-old survived after a parent dropping off a child intervened and took the noose from the boy’s neck.

Karia also admitted before Hennepin County District Judge Jay Quam to third-degree assault for striking a pedestrian, another driver and a bicyclist as she fled in her minivan. She was snatched from a Minneapolis freeway overpass, ready to jump, and taken into custody.

After a two-hour hearing, Karia received a 10-year probationary sentence, with credit for the 20 months in jail. She also must follow court-ordered mental health treatment and electronic home monitoring for at least two months. She will live with her adult son but cannot have unsupervised contact with her daughters or other minors. Karia’s three other children are ages 2, 7 and 10, and child protection proceedings continue over her fitness as a parent.

Last edited:
Well she's an IMMIGRANT. At her sentencing she was begging to be sent to her children. The woman is insane, and she will kill another kid. WTF do we let dangerous people out to walk the streets?

• Banned
Well she's an IMMIGRANT. At her sentencing she was begging to be sent to her children. The woman is insane, and she will kill another kid. WTF do we let dangerous people out to walk the streets?

The fact that she might keep custody of her kids blows my mind more than the fact that she avoided prison.

^^^ This is a sick world. Whoever is letting her walk is even more brain challenged than she is!

God bless you and her kids always!!!

Holly

Wow, what the fuck? I guess they needed the cell space for some kid that got caught selling a joint. If it had been a male he'd probably be looking at 20+ years in prison.
No prison time for Minneapolis day-care provider who tried to hang toddler]

I guess its starting to finally become clear to most that the law has nothing to do with sanity, common sdense or justice. You have two opposing attorneys who are friends and acquaintances whose only goal is that both of them come out smelling good, make a lot of money and stay on god terms with the court.

No prison time for Minneapolis day-care provider who tried to hang toddler]

I guess its starting to finally become clear to most that the law has nothing to do with sanity, common sdense or justice. You have two opposing attorneys who are friends and acquaintances whose only goal is that both of them come out smelling good, make a lot of money and stay on god terms with the court.

We have crooked, stupid, judges who use the courts to push their agenda. Which is illegal. I think Trump is working on that at every level. obama saddled us with a plethora of stupid commies in our courts.

We have crooked, stupid, judges who use the courts to push their agenda. Which is illegal. I think Trump is working on that at every level. obama saddled us with a plethora of stupid commies in our courts.

What's their agenda?

I am fully willing to execute these people free of charge. Just supply me with some ammunition and a place to do it and I'll execute them quickly and humanely. Cremate the body and call it a day.

Forum List

Back