No Heart Transplant Because He’s Not Vaccinated Against COVID

Shared decision making in clinical medicine means that each party brings their expertise to the dialogue when more than one viable option exists. Patients know their values and preferences. Physicians and health-care professionals understand the treatment options and their general benefits and burdens. Health-care professionals offer options to the patient that have some chance of benefit. However, in decisions regarding solid organ transplantation, the transplant team adheres to a higher standard than merely some chance of benefit. The transplant team is the initial steward of the gift of the organ. The gift is made to the community of patients in need and good stewardship (sometimes called the principle of utility)5 requires that the organ is allocated in a way that is likely to result in significant benefit to the recipient. Thus, the transplant team uses its professional expertise to set screening protocols for potential recipients and requirements to promote behaviors that increase the likelihood of successful long-term transplant outcomes. Many of these are well-known such as requiring potential recipients of a liver transplant who suffer from alcohol substance use disorder to complete a treatment program for the disorder or for a cigarette smoker to demonstrate a sustained abstinence from nicotine before he is approved for a lung transplant. Such requirements seem common-sensical and typically generate little controversy.
Two other well-established considerations regarding good stewardship of donated solid organs are worth mentioning. First, traditional medical ethics embraces the principle of nonmaleficence as embodied in the famous dictum, “Primum non nocere.” The physician is obligated to avoid harming the patient and when that is not possible in the course of treatment, to take appropriate steps to ameliorate that harm. Patients who receive SOTs are “harmed” by the physician in the sense that they will be subject to immunosuppression to prevent graft rejection. Being immunocompromised places a patient at increased risk of opportunistic infections. As a result, many transplant programs require the patient to be up to date on a range of vaccinations, such as those for hepatitis A and B, and to receive an annual seasonal flu vaccination. The patient may be required to receive all vaccinations that are proven to be efficacious against infectious threats that would significantly jeopardize the benefit of organ transplantation.
A good long term outcome is only possible if the person gets a heart. Fuck, are you ever stupid.

Didn’t answer my question, and my question was simple but you are hardcore at wanting to kill anyone refusing to take the vaccine when it does not even stop the contracting nor the spread of the virus and seeing his immune system is already compromise taking the vaccine could also be dangerous for him.

So kindly explain why taking the vaccine at this time is needed when it does very little to protect the person and in fact because of his underlying condition he would most likely die if he contracts Omicron?
i linked to the experts. read that. i am not patient enough to educate you further. nice trolling attempt, btw.

It takes about 10 seconds to get the vaccine.

The guy is too stubborn for his own good.

It's hardly this simple. As noted above, this is a free country. You are free to drink yourself silly but you aren't going to get a kidney unless you quit.

entitled little bitch, eh?

gimme a new heart!!! i won't comply with the regulations, but i WANT IT; NOW
LefTard Logic:
“Father Government should dictate what medicine people put in their bodies, they should force people to put medicine in their bodies, those who do not comply should be deprived of medical care…..BUT BUT BUT….let’s provide that illegal wetback with all the healthcare he/she can handle for FREE.”

agreed.

but no vaccine, no new heart.

pas de bras, pas de chocolat.

I would agree on conventional vaccines but this mRNA shot is causing major heart issues, pericarditis, myocarditis, heart attacks. Doesn't seem to bode well to take an injection that is causing those problems when you're about to receive a heart.

i linked to the experts. read that. i am not patient enough to educate you further. nice trolling attempt, btw.
Wow, so are you going to disagree with the CDC that the vaccine does not stop the spread or contracting of the virus?

I have not seen a link from you and all you have done is just spew your fucking bullshit as usual.

So as you sit there claiming experts say you should get the vaccine the fact is the vaccine does not stop the spread of the virus nor does it stop you contracting it, and nothing is trolling about this fact I can link the CDC comments on this subject, so are you willing to deny what the CDC has said?

If it's his body, his choice, then fucking respect his choice and give him a transplant, you fucking douchebag.

Of course its his body and his choice. Was he planning to do his own heart transplant?

Wow, so are you going to disagree with the CDC that the vaccine does not stop the spread or contracting of the virus?

I have not seen a link from you and all you have done is just spew your fucking bullshit as usual.

So as you sit there claiming experts say you should get the vaccine the fact is the vaccine does not stop the spread of the virus nor does it stop you contracting it, and nothing is trolling about this fact I can link the CDC comments on this subject, so are you willing to deny what the CDC has said?
it is not my problem that you cannot follow a thread.

Have you been vaccinated, Jack?

you don't give a new liver to an alcoholic who is still drinking if there is another patient who is sober.

you don't give a new heart to a voluntarily unvaccinated who is at high risk of contracting covid with high probability of mortality if there is a vaccinated patient who needs the heart as well.

it's his body his choice. lol
Vaccinated people are 16 times more likely to have a heart attack. Why waste a perfectly good heart on a vaccinated person?

See how easy it is to turn it around?

it is not my problem that you cannot follow a thread.
Awww, it is your damn problem seeing you are denying facts and claiming you linked something that is most likely about Delta and Alpha variants of the virus while not understanding we are now dealing with the Omicron variant of the virus which has been stated by the CDC itself can bypass the vaccine and people are able to contract, spread, fall sick and even die even if vaccinated…

Would you like me to link the CDC own words, so again why take the vaccine when it can not prevent you from contracting the Omicron variant when your immune system is compromised?

A good long term outcome is only possible if the person gets a heart. Fuck, are you ever stupid.
once again you twats think that every patient in need of a transplant can get one. that is not the case. that's why there are waiting lists, and that is why they carefully select candidates. the patient in this thread decided to lower his chances of getting a transplant. that is his choice. good luck to him.

Have you been vaccinated, Jack?
Yes, and I had both Alpha and Omicron and will tell you for a fact both times I was severely sick because of medical issues.

The vaccine help with the symptoms but seeing Omicron has broken through mean that the vaccine is not doing it job any longer and people who have been jabbed twice or three times have fallen sick and very few have died but they have died.

Now this is someone who need a heart transplant and you guys want him to take the vaccine that has been stated by the CDC to not stop the contracting or spreading of Omicron, so why should he take it then seeing he is a high risk?

Awww, it is your damn problem seeing you are denying facts and claiming you linked something that is most likely about Delta and Alpha variants of the virus while not understanding we are now dealing with the Omicron variant of the virus which has been stated by the CDC itself can bypass the vaccine and people are able to contract, spread, fall sick and even die even if vaccinated…

Would you like me to link the CDC own words, so again why take the vaccine when it can not prevent you from contracting the Omicron variant when your immune system is compromised?
so, did you manage to find my link? did you read it?

you are blowing a lot of steam, but it is completely irrelevant.

Of course its his body and his choice. Was he planning to do his own heart transplant?
LefTard Logic:
“Father Government should choose what healthcare you are entitled to based on your level of compliance to Father Government set policy.”

hahaha…this is todays Left ladies and gentlemen.

once again you twats think that every patient in need of a transplant can get one. that is not the case. that's why there are waiting lists, and that is why they carefully select candidates. the patient in this thread decided to lower his chances of getting a transplant. that is his choice. good luck to him.
Because he refuses to take a vaccine that does nothing to stop the contracting of Omicron variant of Covid?

Forum List

Back