No Federal Charges Against Officers In Tamir Rice Shooting.

The cops pissed me off and I was also disappointed in Tamir's mom reaction ever since I first read about the incident. Although a couple of thousand miles away, every few weeks I'll take a peek at cleveland.com to check latest word on the Browns or Indians. So my reaction is strictly based on what I've read at that site throughout the last couple of years.

Of course the police reaction was most outrageous in that it wasn't just those on scene being irresponsible but also the dispatcher's failure to pass along information from the 911 caller. The caller said it was probably a kid that was scaring the crap out of people by pointing a gun at them. It has been awhile since I heard the 911 recording and while I know he mentioned the possibility of it being a kid, I think he might have also questioned whether the gun was a toy or not?

For actions of a 12 year old kid I also hold the parents responsible. Standing around in the open with what appears to be a weapon and pointing it at passersbyes is totally senseless. I've never read about Tamir's mother addressing this point.

The cops pissed me off and I was also disappointed in Tamir's mom reaction ever since I first read about the incident. Although a couple of thousand miles away, every few weeks I'll take a peek at cleveland.com to check latest word on the Browns or Indians. So my reaction is strictly based on what I've read at that site throughout the last couple of years.

Of course the police reaction was most outrageous in that it wasn't just those on scene being irresponsible but also the dispatcher's failure to pass along information from the 911 caller. The caller said it was probably a kid that was scaring the crap out of people by pointing a gun at them. It has been awhile since I heard the 911 recording and while I know he mentioned the possibility of it being a kid, I think he might have also questioned whether the gun was a toy or not?

For actions of a 12 year old kid I also hold the parents responsible. Standing around in the open with what appears to be a weapon and pointing it at passersbyes is totally senseless. I've never read about Tamir's mother addressing this point.

It's never the parents fault, is it?

Getting back to the information the police received, even if it was passed on to them, it's irrelevant because a motorist is just giving an opinion, not any fact. Plus even kids in Cleveland have guns and are quite capable of killing a police officer. In fact a year or so a go, the Mayor's great grandson got busted with a gun. He was 13 years old. When asked to comment, the Mayor of Cleveland said that kids need to protect themselves too, but what else would we expect from a Democrat Mayor.

While officer Loehmann may have acted too quickly, he still didn't break any laws. That's the way the grand jury seen it, and that's the way the DOJ sees it. We were not there so we can't state exactly what took place and how. What we do know is this kid had the replica gun, it was obviously in his hand since it fell to the ground after he was shot, FBI agents who happened to be nearby heard the call and rushed to the scene to assist.

That's not the way I remember it. The Security guard knew right away it was all made up, and it sounded like the guy was some sort of flake. There was nothing for the police to investigate. Maybe a city cop might have came by to talk to the security guard, but they didn't launch any intense investigation.

April 27: A San Francisco Airport Police sergeant said yesterday the swastika-like marks shown on Morton Downey Jr.'s face on television were "not the same markings our officers saw on his face when they investigated the incident." The markings they saw were lines that weren't connected," said Sgt. Gary O'Donnell.

Not a "Security Guard". An AIRPORT POLICE SERGEANT.

On April 24, 1989, while in California with his longtime friend Lloyd Schoonmaker, Downey claimed that he’d been attacked while he was in a restroom at the San Francisco International Airport, telling a tale of skinheads who’d thrown a drink at him, sliced off bits of his hair with scissors, and drawn swastikas on him. Airport authorities did find a pair of scissors and a felt-tip marker in one of the restroom’s toilet bowls, and given the sort of guests who’d frequented his show over the years, it sounded perfectly plausible…as long as you paid no attention to the fact that the swastikas were backwards, as if drawn by someone while they were looking in the mirror.

In the immediate wake of the incident, Ron Wilson, spokesman at San Francisco International Airport, assured the Los Angeles Times that their preliminary investigation had left them highly skeptical of Downey’s claim. “‘His story does not at all prove out,’ Wilson said. ‘The witness said there was no scuffle. There were no skinheads in the area. As far as we have found, no such incident took place. Our preliminary investigation shows that this was self-inflicted for whatever reason we don’t know.”

In short. CHECK YOUR FUCKING WHITE PRIVILEGE.

If Morton Downey gets a pass, so does Jussie Smollett.

Both of these guys became laughingstocks, and that should be the end of the matter. If we only have to deal with this kind of stupidity once every 30 years, I can live with that.

It was a kid playing with a toy in the park. His mother shouldn't HAVE to worry about him getting shot by a mentally defective policeman.

Getting back to the information the police received, even if it was passed on to them, it's irrelevant because a motorist is just giving an opinion, not any fact. Plus even kids in Cleveland have guns and are quite capable of killing a police officer. In fact a year or so a go, the Mayor's great grandson got busted with a gun. He was 13 years old. When asked to comment, the Mayor of Cleveland said that kids need to protect themselves too, but what else would we expect from a Democrat Mayor.

Silly Darkie, Second Amendment Rights only apply to white people!!!

While officer Loehmann may have acted too quickly, he still didn't break any laws. That's the way the grand jury seen it, and that's the way the DOJ sees it. We were not there so we can't state exactly what took place and how. What we do know is this kid had the replica gun, it was obviously in his hand since it fell to the ground after he was shot, FBI agents who happened to be nearby heard the call and rushed to the scene to assist.

Again, the coverup was in, we get that.

Why not leave it to a jury to decide, and not a DA holding a sham grand jury and then not letting them vote on anything. Especially since a judge had ruled there was ALREADY SUFFICIENT REASON to go to trial.

No, they apply to US adults like all constitutional rights. That's why children can't vote in elections until the age of 18.

Why not leave it to a jury to decide, and not a DA holding a sham grand jury and then not letting them vote on anything. Especially since a judge had ruled there was ALREADY SUFFICIENT REASON to go to trial.

There was no coverup. You can't charge anybody with a crime they did not commit. Self-defense is not a crime. Manslaughter is an accidental death in a physical confrontation. Murder is with the intent to kill. The officers actions fit none of those descriptions. He seen a subject pulling out a gun and shot him in self-defense. The commie judge you speak of had absolutely nothing to do with the case. He was blowing off hot air to secure black votes.

The grand jury does one thing and one thing only: they indict a person or they don't indict. They don't vote guilty or not guilty like a regular jury trial. The officer broke no laws, and they couldn't indict even if they wanted to.

I posted the picture. Could you tell the real one from the toy? Kids here do have guns and use them. In fact the Mayor's grandson got busted with one about two years ago. He was 13 years old.

He was pulling out a realistic looking gun, not a yo-yo or bag of candy.
I doubt the kid was pointing it at the cop or woud have hurt anyone even it were a real gun.

Why?

Damn
You sure love you some coloreds.

No, they apply to US adults like all constitutional rights. That's why children can't vote in elections until the age of 18.

Sorry, man, you guys can't have it both ways...Not when you pine for the good old days when little Cleetus brought his hunting rifle to high school for some after-school shootin'.

So what you are saying is the government CAN regulate your right to a gun. That's awesome. Let's get to regulating.

There was no coverup. You can't charge anybody with a crime they did not commit. Self-defense is not a crime. Manslaughter is an accidental death in a physical confrontation. Murder is with the intent to kill. The officers actions fit none of those descriptions. He seen a subject pulling out a gun and shot him in self-defense. The commie judge you speak of had absolutely nothing to do with the case. He was blowing off hot air to secure black votes.

You keep telling yourself that... This was a coverup, which is why McGinty is out of a job. That's why the next cops won't get away with this shit... DA's like keeping their jobs.

The grand jury does one thing and one thing only: they indict a person or they don't indict. They don't vote guilty or not guilty like a regular jury trial. The officer broke no laws, and they couldn't indict even if they wanted to.

They weren't allowed to vote on an indictment. IN fact, the Grand Jury members complained about McGinty's conduct.

Just a clarification. The dispatcher was female and Tamir's parents had no idea he had a toy gun. He got it from a friend.

Just a clarification. The dispatcher was female and Tamir's parents had no idea he had a toy gun. He got it from a friend.

I don't think his mother was even there. His sister was watching him. I've never heard anything about the father.

Sorry, man, you guys can't have it both ways...Not when you pine for the good old days when little Cleetus brought his hunting rifle to high school for some after-school shootin'.

So what you are saying is the government CAN regulate your right to a gun. That's awesome. Let's get to regulating

Did you just wake up in this country yesterday? The government has been regulating guns all of our lives. A child has no amendment rights. Just because some kids took a rifle to school doesn't mean he had the constitutional right to do so, it means the school didn't disallow it.

You keep telling yourself that... This was a coverup, which is why McGinty is out of a job. That's why the next cops won't get away with this shit... DA's like keeping their jobs.

What was covered up? There is a video of the event. A video expert was called in and he and the jury went through it frame by frame.

They weren't allowed to vote on an indictment. IN fact, the Grand Jury members complained about McGinty's conduct.

First of all, the Scene is a kids magazine. Secondly, you are once again posting articles you never read, because if you read it, it showed that grand juries have an option of a "no-vote." From the link you posted:

"Prosecutors sometimes use [grand juries] as investigative grand juries to determine whether any criminal wrongdoing has happened or not,” he said. “It happens with political corruption cases or very complicated investigations. The Tamir Rice case, that's how I believe the prosecutor viewed that grand jury. What the grand jury allows you to do is have the power to subpoena documents and call witnesses and have them testify under oath. It allows you to get all the information and investigate whether a crime has occurred. They're not different legal entities, but they are serving different functions and thus might behave differently.

"But if they don't hold a vote, how do they decide not to hold a vote? And would there be a record of that?” he continued. “It's not like the prosecutor has the power to prevent the grand jury from voting. If there was no vote on a bill in this case, the prosecutor might have influenced that —- he might have said there's no reason to even vote because we all agree, or something — but it's still the grand jury's decision. It ultimately has the power to consider the facts as they're aware of. Because of grand jury secrecy rules, though, we can't know what happened inside that room."

So stop with the lies already. As pointed out in the article you never read, a prosecutor cannot stop a grand jury from voting.

I don't think his mother was even there. His sister was watching him. I've never heard anything about the father.

His mother was home. 12 year olds have gone to the youth center or playground to play for decades. That's what they are there for.

I posted the picture. Could you tell the real one from the toy? Kids here do have guns and use them. In fact the Mayor's grandson got busted with one about two years ago. He was 13 years old.

I doubt the kid was pointing it at the cop or woud have hurt anyone even it were a real gun.
You point a replica or a real handgun at a LEO and you are going to get shot center mass.
Anyway the 'kid' would have been killed by another budding gang banger by now most likely.
'Mrs Darwin' hands out another trophy.

You point a replica or a real handgun at a LEO and you are going to get shot center mass.
Anyway the 'kid' would have been killed by another budding gang banger by now most likely.
'Mrs Darwin' hands out another trophy.
'
No one pointed a gun at the officer.

His mother was home. 12 year olds have gone to the youth center or playground to play for decades. That's what they are there for.

The story went that after he was shot, his sister ran over there and had to be restrained by the police. I don't recall anything about the mother, although admitting it's a couple of years since I read the original story.

The story went that after he was shot, his sister ran over there and had to be restrained by the police. I don't recall anything about the mother, although admitting it's a couple of years since I read the original story.

She was home. The kids went to the youth center like kids have done for years.

Forum List

Back