No end in sight to Ukraine war, defence minister says

Only one world leader has imposed a multi-year war on the Ukrainians. Can you guess who?

putin-thumbs-up.jpg
Can you guess why Putin found it necessary to defend his western border from a hostile military alliance fully committed to wage wars of aggression without any concern for consequences or need of negotiations?

A War Long Wanted: Diplomatic Malpractice in Ukraine

"By 2012, the US’ goal of regime change in Syria was clear. Like Serbia more than a decade earlier, the Syrian government was a Russian ally now under threat.

"As in Afghanistan and Libya, negotiations would not be possible, as the Americans set a precondition that required Syrian President Bashar Assad to step down as an outcome of the talks.

"That was unacceptable to Assad and to the Russians.

"To the Russians, these three wars of the Obama administration displayed an American determination to wage war without regard for consequence and to never negotiate."

I never thought I'd see Americans become in favor of the USA funding another war after we were bogged down in Afghanistan for 20 years....
I really don't get that....
One likely explanation...
Baumann-img-1.jpg

Stephen Cohen has long played the role of contrarian regarding conventional wisdom about Russian behavior..."

War with Russia? From Putin & Ukraine to Trump & Russiagate

Putin became a monster for many Democrats in 2014 when he reclaimed Crimea, and then came Hillary v Trump

No end in sight to Ukraine war, defence minister says

Defence Minister Anita Anand says there is no end in sight to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, and Canadian Armed Forces members and their Latvian counterparts will now train Ukrainian soldiers in Latvia. Latvian Defence Minister In?ra M?rniece says her country is spending about half its total military budget on Ukrainian assistance.

Remote : 2023-05-10(Wednesday) 21 : 30 : 17
Local : 2023-05-10(Wednesday) 21 : 30 : 17
Found via https://nicer.app/world-headlines

i can't believe the audacity of world-leaders, imposing a multi-year war on the poor Ukranians.
either hand 'm the weapons to win this fight, or force Zelensky to give up the far eastern and south-eastern sections of Ukraine in negotiations already!
So an indefinite war, just like I said it would be.

Putin is a war criminal worthy of a Nuremberg type trial.
War is a crime.

Putin's atrocities in Ukraine stem from the hypocritical actions of a hostile military alliance on his western border with a long history of imperial aggression:

A War Long Wanted: Diplomatic Malpractice in Ukraine

"Historical evidence for Russia’s paranoia exists.

"Since the end of World War II, the US has conducted dozens of coups across the globe.

"With the Bush Doctrine openly enshrining preemptive warfare and regime change, the color revolutions, the enlargement of NATO and the abrogation of the ABM Treaty, the Russians saw a clear danger in the West’s actions.

"The idea of Russia joining NATO seems to have been broached with and by NATO and Russia on multiple occasions, but by several years into Vladimir Putin’s reign, distrust and animosity between Russia and NATO were in control."

Bubby, I have always thought Putin a threat to America, long before Trump was an inkling in your pointy head.

He is a danger to the world, even more than your orange hero.

Forum List

Back