No charges for officer who shot Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, after follow-up probe

I think this was the right call.

Re-opening the "investigation" was a political hack job.

I wouldn't go that far.

But I'm glad they got this one right.

I wouldn't go that far.

I would. What was the reason, other than politics?

They got it right in 2014. No legitimate reason to investigate any further.

Why do any cases get re-opened? This isn't the only case that has gotten re-opened. I wouldn't call those political hack jobs either.

Just part of the process.

Why do any cases get re-opened?

New evidence, new witnesses, recanting of old witnesses, discovery of police or prosecutorial malfeasance in the original case or, in this instance, politics.

If you think there was anything inappropriate in the handling of this case, then I encourage you to write them a letter.

As far as I'm concerned, this is just part of the process and there's nothing nefarious here.

It's funny how people seem to conveniently deny how the system works, when it fits their narrative.
What's really funny is how some people seem able to invent narratives for others - simply sharing a quote of someone central to an investigation explaining themselves more fully than had previously been presented. You're so fucking welcome :sigh2:

That is the problem...........'the process' as you say is now not 'due process' but the political process.

In a nutshell the politicians are too sensitive to the demands of radical blacks and their running dog, the MSM.

I can think of no other society wherin the minority was allowed to oppress the majority.

I believe that you believe that.

A new review of the 2014 police shooting in Ferguson, Missouri, of 18-year-old Michael Brown has concluded that no murder or manslaughter charges against former officer Darren Wilson are warranted.

The five-month secret review of the August 2014 fatal shooting led St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Wesley Bell to conclude he couldn't prove those allegations in a court of law, he said Thursday.

However, Bell said, "Our investigation does not exonerate Darren Wilson."

He said the reinvestigation into the actions of Wilson, who is white, for the death of Brown, who was Black — which sparked unrest in Ferguson long before America had learned the name of George Floyd — was necessary.

"Because of the significance of this case to this community and because the family asked, I believed it was necessary to conduct a reexamination of the evidence in the case and come to our own conclusion," Bell said.

Justice is served. Poor IQ2
OK. Righteous shoot. Got it. Maybe this will end it? I feel sorry for Officer Wilson and his family and the family of the dead.

I wouldn't go that far.

I wouldn't go that far.

Why do any cases get re-opened? This isn't the only case that has gotten re-opened. I wouldn't call those political hack jobs either.

New evidence, new witnesses, recanting of old witnesses, discovery of police or prosecutorial malfeasance in the original case or, in this instance, politics.

If you think there was anything inappropriate in the handling of this case, then I encourage you to write them a letter.

As far as I'm concerned, this is just part of the process and there's nothing nefarious here.

He's a political hack reopening an investigation that was never going to result in charges, let alone a conviction.

He announced the results days before local primaries.

Word is, Kim Gardner isn't very popular and might lose the Dem primary on August 4th, to her competent opponent, Mary Pat Carl.

Part of the political process, yes.

I wouldn't go that far.

I wouldn't go that far.

He's a political hack reopening an investigation that was never going to result in charges, let alone a conviction.

Word is, Kim Gardner isn't very popular and might lose the Dem primary on August 4th, to her competent opponent, Mary Pat Carl.

Whatever you want to call it. I still don't see a problem here.

It's funny how people seem to conveniently deny how the system works, when it fits their narrative.
What's really funny is how some people seem able to invent narratives for others - simply sharing a quote of someone central to an investigation explaining themselves more fully than had previously been presented. You're so fucking welcome :sigh2:
Nothing you said, changed anything I said. So.... thanks for stopping by?

I wouldn't go that far.

I wouldn't go that far.

How many times do you have to re-investigate something? The police department investigated. The State investigated, and Obama's DOJ investigated.

Now we're 6 years later... and doing another probe?

At some point, this is no longer about due diligence, and more about political witch hunting.

This is nefarious here. Honestly. The man has been proven innocent 3 times, by people doing everything in their power to crucify him, and failed 3 times... so 6 years later they are trying again.

I wouldn't go that far.

I wouldn't go that far.

How many times do you have to re-investigate something? The police department investigated. The State investigated, and Obama's DOJ investigated.

Now we're 6 years later... and doing another probe?

At some point, this is no longer about due diligence, and more about political witch hunting.

This is nefarious here. Honestly. The man has been proven innocent 3 times, by people doing everything in their power to crucify him, and failed 3 times... so 6 years later they are trying again.
Apparently, free big screen TVs only last 6 years in Ferguson...

I wouldn't go that far.

I wouldn't go that far.

Good for you.

I wouldn't go that far.

I wouldn't go that far.

Good for you.

You too. Hopefully the venting helped.

I wouldn't go that far.

I wouldn't go that far.

Good for you.

You know, living in Chicago, I'd be more surprised to see a Dem politician not acting like a hack.

I wouldn't go that far.

I wouldn't go that far.

Good for you.

You know, living in Chicago, I'd be more surprised to see a Dem politician not acting like a hack.

Neat. Well, we still disagree on that.

But what we have in common is that neither of us is going to do anything about it.

Exoneration isn't necessary since one is presumed innocent in our system of justice.
Innocent of what exactly? He was never charged to begin with.
No charge is necessary to be innocent.
No charges being filed for murder or manslaughter doesn't mean he's innocent of other crimes. He's communicating the guy ain't completely out of the woods yet. Alternatively, believe whatever you want.

A new review of the 2014 police shooting in Ferguson, Missouri, of 18-year-old Michael Brown has concluded that no murder or manslaughter charges against former officer Darren Wilson are warranted.

The five-month secret review of the August 2014 fatal shooting led St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Wesley Bell to conclude he couldn't prove those allegations in a court of law, he said Thursday.

He said the reinvestigation into the actions of Wilson, who is white, for the death of Brown, who was Black — which sparked unrest in Ferguson long before America had learned the name of George Floyd — was necessary.

"Because of the significance of this case to this community and because the family asked, I believed it was necessary to conduct a reexamination of the evidence in the case and come to our own conclusion," Bell said.

Justice is served. Poor IQ2

So looting free TVs will help how?

Exoneration isn't necessary since one is presumed innocent in our system of justice.
Innocent of what exactly? He was never charged to begin with.
No charge is necessary to be innocent.
No charges being filed for murder or manslaughter doesn't mean he's innocent of other crimes. He's communicating the guy ain't completely out of the woods yet. Alternatively, believe whatever you want.
As far as I know, you also may be guilty of some crime, but in the eyes of the law you are presumed innocent until convicted in a court of law of a crime. The burden of our justice system is to convict, not exonerate.

Forum List

Back