NO AIRLINE 50 BILLION DOLLAR BAIL OUT! Budget your damn money to deal with emergencies.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Trump supports it and it's infuriating. Why should every American give 166.00 of their own money to a for profit business?!

We went through this bullshit with GM and Solyndra. Of which BOTH companies filed for bankruptcy AFTER getting our money.

NO MORE!

When the economy crashed in 08 my business struggled to stay afloat for a couple years and I got exactly ZERO dollars to help support me or my employees.

NO MORE FUCKING BAIL OUTS FOR WEALTHY CORPORATIONS.

• Banned
These companies need to show how much tax they paid and what their profit margins are if they're gonna stick their hands out for our dollars.

If they paid no tax and show nominal profits then their request should IMMEDIATELY be filed in the waste bin.

You may not know this but airlines and airports would probably not even exist as we know them without heavy government subsidy going back to the beginning of commercial flight. The entire industry is considered critical public infrastructure. They must exist at any cost. We do not have a national airline like practically every other country but in a way they all are.

• Banned
You may not know this but airlines and airports would probably not even exist as we know them without heavy government subsidy going back to the beginning of commercial flight. The entire industry is considered critical public infrastructure. They must exist at any cost. We do not have a national airline like practically every other country but in a way they all are.
One airline drops the rest will see a large uptick in business. The problem will solve itself via demand and supply. We are no longer a fledgling nation.

• Banned
For about a year they had nonstop flights from KC to Iceland.

ICELAND

Of course that money pit ended. These are the kinds of asinine decisions that cost airlines BILLIONS. Yet you're willing to pay for their losses?

ICELAND

Of course that money pit ended. These are the kinds of asinine decisions that cost airlines BILLIONS. Yet you're willing to pay for their losses?
If it weren't for the airlines and cruise ships, I doubt this virus problem would be as bad a problem. Anywhere.

Trump supports it and it's infuriating. Why should every American give 166.00 of their own money to a for profit business?!

We went through this bullshit with GM and Solyndra. Of which BOTH companies filed for bankruptcy AFTER getting our money.

NO MORE!

When the economy crashed in 08 my business struggled to stay afloat for a couple years and I got exactly ZERO dollars to help support me or my employees.

Did they offer considerable discounts on their products after the bail out? Fuck no.

One airline drops the rest will see a large uptick in business. The problem will solve itself via demand and supply. We are no longer a fledgling nation.
It is right and proper for the government to support the airline industry during temporary disruptions since we regulate every single aspect of their industry and need them operational immediately after the crisis passes.

• Banned
It is right and proper for the government to support the airline industry during temporary disruptions since we regulate every single aspect of their industry and need them operational immediately after the crisis passes.
The Illinois governor has closed all bars and restaurants for almost a month. Who is going to pay those people Bill's? Who is going to put food on their tables? Who is going to pay the business owners for their losses?

We CAN NOT pay everyone. It is time to pay the people who drive our economy not those who profit from it.

The precedent was set with Bush Jr. Now every time there is a hiccup companies will expect it.
This country has become a fucking embarrassment.

ICELAND

If it weren't for the airlines and cruise ships, I doubt this virus problem would be as bad a problem. Anywhere.

Yep, if we were still living in the horse and buggy days this would not be a problem.

NO MORE!

Finally something we can agree on

NO MORE!

I saw this on a scroll on my tv today and about snorted my coffee out my nose. Damn assholes.

ICELAND

Yep, if we were still living in the horse and buggy days this would not be a problem.
OK, so the TSA is at fault, as well.

serveimage

ICELAND

This is not like the banking industry that got bailed out of their own greed and stupidity. Not sure what part of "critical infrastructure" you're not getting.

ICELAND

This is not like the banking industry that got bailed out of their own greed and stupidity. Not sure what part of "critical infrastructure" you're not getting.
Not sure what part of supply and demand you're not getting. Critical or not.

There will be providers, just not as many and that is ok. No point in paying airlines that fly around half empty so much of the time.

ICELAND

serveimage

Which is the GOP's fault.

ICELAND

serveimage

Which is the GOP's fault.
Kinda like a DOT stamp on a Firestone ATX.

ICELAND

Maybe. Maybe not.

Virus has never counted on transportation to be deadly.

Millions upon millions died in various plagues in history long before mankind even knew about flight or massive ships.

Forum List

Back