Nicola Sturgeon to resign as Scottish first minister

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
With Nicola Sturgeon stepping away, it's hard to find another political figure in the UK who can even come close to the levels of decency and integrity she's shown in office and in public. This is a big loss of leadership for Scotland and the SNP, and a very sad day.

Opposite opinion -- shallow and unimaginative .
A one trick pony -- Independence . End of .imo

Tenacious and single minded but so is our cat , Lord Benny
Very few here will know who The Fish is , so I will quickly suggest Frankie Boyle as her replacement .
One million to one but life would become so much more mad and bad with him at the helm.

• Banned
Opposite opinion -- shallow and unimaginative .
A one trick pony -- Independence . End of .imo

Tenacious and single minded but so is our cat , Lord Benny
Very few here will know who The Fish is , so I will quickly suggest Frankie Boyle as her replacement .
One million to one but life would become so much more mad and bad with him at the helm.
well if you don't like her then i don't like her

she hasn't given a reason why she left. could it be the trans issue?

Over several years, and not just in the UK, policymakers of many sorts began to subscribe to the doctrine of self-ID, but very few ever sought or won public consent for the associated policies. I don’t think you need to be a conspiracy theorist to think that there was an element of deliberate strategy behind that lack of public debate. After all, several of the campaigning and lobbying groups involved in pushing the self-ID agenda admitted in a document that they had deliberately avoided public debate about their preferred policies, not least by cloaking them under the ‘veil of protection’ offered by association with gay rights advocacy. Adding ‘T’ to ‘LGB’ is a deliberate and very political decision, one that too often escapes scrutiny and debate.

This is a slightly laboured way of saying that when the general public come to see what ‘transwomen are women’ means in the context of, say, a rapist who says he’s trans and is therefore sent to a female jail, that public will start to question the policies that arise from self-ID – and question the politicians who supported that agenda.

This is a significant part of the downfall of Nicola Sturgeon. How did the most astute and sure-footed politician in Britain manage to trip over on self-ID and end up stammering over the rights of a rapist such as Isla Bryson?

ihttps://www.spectator.co.uk/article/how-self-id-helped-bring-down-nicola-sturgeon/

I know nothing "factual", but however horrible and unjust it may seem I thought she married a much older and financially secure man
for convenience .
Now there are alleged financial irregularities centering on her husband acting through his party position to lend large sum(s) for electioneering.

And yes she has taken a very bold lead in gender issues and may be badly at odds with current public opinion .

And of course there might be personal life details which are being used against her on a blackmail type basis , which she can avoid if she "goes quietly " .

But only speculation

Sturgeon quits: Hundreds of unionists take to streets in Glasgow and celebrate with bottles of champagne shouting 'conga conga conga, Nicola's no longer'

Daily Mail. lmao.

With Nicola Sturgeon stepping away, it's hard to find another political figure in the UK who can even come close to the levels of decency and integrity she's shown in office and in public. This is a big loss of leadership for Scotland and the SNP, and a very sad day.
[/URL]
There goes my coffee.

She was a disaster. As for sad day, we went out for a restaurant meal and a bottle of champagne the same day she resigned.

She spent her time and tax payers money on independence, whilst the Scottish drug problem spirals, the roads are falling apart, education standards continue to drop, and NHS waiting lists grow by the minute, and you say she's a big loss????

Jeeze, if you think she's that's good, I dread to think what she had to have done for you to think she did a shit job.

Always kept my thoughts on this woman (a her) private . Until now .
A nasty tempered Lesbian who made a convenience marriage who is a control freak and sociopath .
But who cares .

Forum List

Back