Nick Saban is the greatest college football coach in history!

Sweeny he took the lowly clemson team to a national powerhouse. Alabama was always good

Winter you see that michigan gave harbaugh another contract? That fuck head is done .

If you're saying he's one of the great college football coaches, then yes. And that's where he belongs. His only head NFL coaching experience was a disaster. When you have a good pool of recruits and build an NFL type program, it's pretty easy to be successful and your accomplishments build on themselves. But the greatest football coach?. Yeah, I don't know. Bill Belichick trained him.

Sweeny he took the lowly clemson team to a national powerhouse. Alabama was always good

Winter you see that michigan gave harbaugh another contract? That fuck head is done .

Your memory is clouded by Bama's recent success. There were some shitty years before Saban came. Mike DuBose took us to a whopping 3-8 season.

In the decade between Gene Stallings and Nick Saban we had 2 10 win seasons (actually 3 but one was vacated).

Dabo Sweeney is a great coach. But not as good as Saban.

If you're saying he's one of the great college football coaches, then yes. And that's where he belongs. His only head NFL coaching experience was a disaster. When you have a good pool of recruits and build an NFL type program, it's pretty easy to be successful and your accomplishments build on themselves. But the greatest football coach?. Yeah, I don't know. Bill Belichick trained him.

Yes, I said college football coach.

Having the good pool of recruits is part of what makes him the greatest. He started his great recruiting as soon as he got to Alabama. He gets the best players. And then he develops them.

Your memory is clouded by Bama's recent success. There were some shitty years before Saban came. Mike DuBose took us to a whopping 3-8 season.

In the decade between Gene Stallings and Nick Saban we had 2 10 win seasons (actually 3 but one was vacated).

Yeah I was thinking that after I posted it, but we did go to a new format

I'd like to see how he would do with a mid-major who doesn't have pipelines established decades before he got there like LSU and 'Bama.

I think he'd do very well after he got a few recruiting classes at first. Seniors at some high schools would say that they want to play for him at the outset if he were coaching at Troy State or UL Monroe or where ever. But after multiple 6-5 or 7-4 seasons...the "aura" of playing for Coach Saban would dry up in my view.

Of course you could say the same for numerous programs and coaches across the fruited plain. If you're going by stats...they don't lie. GOAT. NQAI. I'm just saying I'd like to see how he'd do if he didn't have a near monopoly on the talent in the state.

I'd like to see how he would do with a mid-major who doesn't have pipelines established decades before he got there like LSU and 'Bama.

I think he'd do very well after he got a few recruiting classes at first. Seniors at some high schools would say that they want to play for him at the outset if he were coaching at Troy State or UL Monroe or where ever. But after multiple 6-5 or 7-4 seasons...the "aura" of playing for Coach Saban would dry up in my view.

Of course you could say the same for numerous programs and coaches across the fruited plain. If you're going by stats...they don't lie. GOAT. NQAI. I'm just saying I'd like to see how he'd do if he didn't have a near monopoly on the talent in the state.

Saban didn't walk into a great program. There was a great history. But not recently.

When Saban took over in 2007, auburn had beaten Alabama 6 years in a row. So the in-state recruiting was not in Bama's favor.

In the 5 years prior to Saban's arrival, Alabama was 36-27. (not counting wins vacated)

Oh, and speaking of UL Monroe, Alabama lost to them in 2007. Saban's first year.

Saban didn't walk into a great program. There was a great history. But not recently.

When Saban took over in 2007, auburn had beaten Alabama 6 years in a row. So the in-state recruiting was not in Bama's favor.

In the 5 years prior to Saban's arrival, Alabama was 36-27. (not counting wins vacated)

Oh, and speaking of UL Monroe, Alabama lost to them in 2007. Saban's first year.

They were poorly coached...Mike Price...Mike Shula?

Off the top of your head...what % of blue chips in Alabama do you think they get year in and year out...average.

Another thing to consider is the adaptability Saban has shown.

Back in 2011 or so, Saban was complaining about the hurry up offenses. His formula up until then was a devastating defense and a conservation, run first, offense. And it worked.

Until it didn't. In the 2017 National Championship game, Saban benched his starting QB, who was 25-2, in favor of a gunslinger in Tua Tagovailoa. At HALFTIME!

Since then he has embraced the hurry up offense and the RPO (Run Pass Option), and still won.

Off the top of your head...what % of blue chips in Alabama do you think they get year in and year out...average.

Yes, they were poorly coached.

During those bad/mediocre years? Maybe 30% or less of in-state blue chip players. The ones who came to play at Alabama during the "Mike Years" were usually solid Alabama fans all their lives.

During the Saban years? If we don't get the best players in the state it is because we are using scholarships for 5 star players from all over the country.

During those bad/mediocre years? Maybe 30% or less of in-state blue chip players. The ones who came to play at Alabama during the "Mike Years" were usually solid Alabama fans all their lives.

During the Saban years? If we don't get the best players in the state it is because we are using scholarships for 5 star players from all over the country.

3 out of every 10? How much do you think Troy State was getting?

My point is that if he had to build a program from the ground up...it would be interesting to see how fast the program would rise to a national power.

My point is that if he had to build a program from the ground up...it would be interesting to see how fast the program would rise to a national power.

Troy was obviously getting less. auburn was getting more.

But you act as though any coach can win if they have enough blue chip players. That is not true. Plenty of schools have top 5 recruiting classes and do not win championships.

But if you want to hear an amazing statistic, every recruiting class Saban has brought to Alabama has won at least one National Championship.

But you act as though any coach can win if they have enough blue chip players. That is not true. Plenty of schools have top 5 recruiting classes and do not win championships.

But if you want to hear an amazing statistic, every recruiting class Saban has brought to Alabama has won at least one National Championship.
GOAT...no question about it. I was just saying that he's had some pretty sweet gigs. LSU and Bama are not bad places to coach. And when I mention Troy State...I think he'd have Troy State in the top 25 in no time flat. Top 10? Not so sure.

GOAT...no question about it. I was just saying that he's had some pretty sweet gigs. LSU and Bama are not bad places to coach. And when I mention Troy State...I think he'd have Troy State in the top 25 in no time flat. Top 10? Not so sure.

His first head coaching gig was at Toledo. He has come a long way.

LSU was EXACTLY like A&M until Saban got there--a program that has all the right elements (great recruiting, fan support, etc.) just missing the right coach to pull it all together.

LSU fans like to pretend that football didn't exist before 2000. :laugh:

LSUDiahrrea.jpg

:laugh:

Forum List

Back