Nick Saban is the greatest college football coach in history!

What if he went from MSU to Norte Dame instead of BAMA? How many fewer championships would BAMA have?

2. How bad would the program get if he left?

If he went to Notre Dame there would have been more success for the golden domers. But the university would have to buy in to what he is doing.

The program would obviously suffer if Saban left. But what he has built will last. So we won't go back to what we were before he got here.

I get asked what would have happened if Coach Saban had gone to ____________ school a lot. I think he would have been successful where ever he went.

But he came to Bama and created a dynasty the likes of which we have never seen.

He won a national championship at LSU, so it is not just Bama. But here he has consistently played at a very high level. His worst season (other than '07 when he was brand new) was 10-3. How many teams would kill for a 10-3 season?

He has won national championships 6 times, with different coordinators and different core players. He has adapted to the style of play he needed to in order to win. The 2009 championship team was run heavy and a deadly defense. He has won with passing and beaten the best. Last year he had 3 players in the finals for the Heisman, including a RB, a QB and a WR. The 2020 team beat every team in the SEC except South Carolina. And it was just South Carolina's good fortune to not be on the schedule. Then he beat the 2 top teams, Notre Dame and Ohio State, like they were cupcake teams.

Coaches basically get graded on 3 aspects of their job. Recruiting, developing talent, and game time coaching. Nick Saban has proven to be a master at all 3.

I am a big fan of Coach Saban's press conferences. He does not suffer fools.

Today he gave the best quote of the post season. When asked if his young team tested his patience, he answered with “I don't have any patience, so anything that happens is a test of my patience, including sitting in this chair right now,”.

Priceless.

I am a big fan of Coach Saban's press conferences. He does not suffer fools.

Today he gave the best quote of the post season. When asked if his young team tested his patience, he answered with “I don't have any patience, so anything that happens is a test of my patience, including sitting in this chair right now,”.

Priceless.
Is it me or is he being more ornery with the press than in the past? Haha.

The 2020 Crimson Tide was one of greatest offensive teams in recent years.

And it is translating to the NFL.

For the 2021 season:
Mac Jones sets Patriots rookie record for yards and touchdowns.
Najee Harris sets Steelers rookie rushing record held by Franco Harris.
Jalen Waddle sets Dolphins rookie receptions records and lead the NFL in rookie receptions.
DeVonte Smith sets Eagles rookie touchdowns record tonight.
Jalen Hurts had the most rushing touchdowns by a Eagles quarterback.

Granted, Jalen Hurts was not part of the 2020 team, but it shows the talent Nick Saban recruited and how he developed it to the fullest.

The 2020 Crimson Tide was one of greatest offensive teams in recent years.

And it is translating to the NFL.

For the 2021 season:
Mac Jones sets Patriots rookie record for yards and touchdowns.
Najee Harris sets Steelers rookie rushing record held by Franco Harris.
Jalen Waddle sets Dolphins rookie receptions records and lead the NFL in rookie receptions.
DeVonte Smith sets Eagles rookie touchdowns record tonight.
Jalen Hurts had the most rushing touchdowns by a Eagles quarterback.

Granted, Jalen Hurts was not part of the 2020 team, but it shows the talent Nick Saban recruited and how he developed it to the fullest.
I’ll give you everyone but Mac Jones. He’s good but Belichek is having him run an offense with training wheels on it. It will be their undoing in the playoffs. Can’t throw the ball 3 times a game and win in the POs.

I’ll give you everyone but Mac Jones. He’s good but Belichek is having him run an offense with training wheels on it. It will be their undoing in the playoffs. Can’t throw the ball 3 times a game and win in the POs.

Mac Jones broke the record for yards and touchdowns by a rookie.

Mac Jones broke the record for yards and touchdowns by a rookie.
Yeah I got that. By a Patriots rookie, just to be clear. He’s just not nearly as good as people have been saying IMO. Doesn’t make him a bad QB but he’s not the second coming of Tom Brady and he’s not the best QB in his class.

Yeah I got that. By a Patriots rookie, just to be clear. He’s just not nearly as good as people have been saying IMO. Doesn’t make him a bad QB but he’s not the second coming of Tom Brady and he’s not the best QB in his class.

He is the best QB in his class as far as completion %.

According to this site Mac is the best current rookie QB.

Mac jones is not flashy, but he is getting the job done.

He is the best QB in his class as far as completion %.

According to this site Mac is the best current rookie QB.

Mac jones is not flashy, but he is getting the job done.
Yep. He throws a lot of screens and 2-5 yds passes because Belichick doesnt trust him with the whole play book. its one way to break in a QB. Especially one who’s not exceptional. The other rookies play for the Jets and Jacksonville. The Jets are well the Jets. And Jacksonville is a shit show with Urban being a moron and the rest of the team not being all that good. Jones went into the best possible situation. Best coach in football and a team that didn’t need him to do much, just not lose games. I mean they beat Buffalo and Jones didn’t throw a pass in the first half and ended up throwing 3 passes all day.

Yep. He throws a lot of screens and 2-5 yds passes because Belichick doesnt trust him with the whole play book. its one way to break in a QB. Especially one who’s not exceptional. The other rookies play for the Jets and Jacksonville. The Jets are well the Jets. And Jacksonville is a shit show with Urban being a moron and the rest of the team not being all that good. Jones went into the best possible situation. Best coach in football and a team that didn’t need him to do much, just not lose games. I mean they beat Buffalo and Jones didn’t throw a pass in the first half and ended up throwing 3 passes all day.

So he is playing the way he is supposed to play. And the "star" QB they had last year? How did he do?

So he is playing the way he is supposed to play. And the "star" QB they had last year? How did he do?
Sure. He’s a game manager and they will be ok so long as they don’t ask him to do much. Doesn’t make him a great QB. Trent Dilfer was a game manager and won the Super Bowl. I think Jones will likely be better than Dilfer but he won’t be the best in his class.

BTW, first drive of the playoffs = pick.

Has someone called the tow truck yet? New England is in the ditch already and it’s only the first half.

Forum List

Back