Nice Going Barack Obama: 47 Major Retailers Announce Closing of 6,000 Stores Across the Country

You didn't read the list, or more likely you are attempting to deceive, as done before
screenshot.1-470x624.jpg

I wonder how many jobs lost that will entail?
1700 Radio Shacks are closing and that's devastating news? When's the last time you bought anything of consequence at a Radio Shack?

I read the list. What does Obama have to do with any of those store closings?

This is just blame everything on Obama derangement.

Take one example, the Wet Seal bankruptcy. The reason, as cited by Bloomberg...

“The continuing fundamental shift in consumer behavior away from traditional mall shopping toward online-only stores and increased competition throughout the specialty retail fashion industry have created a difficult operating environment,” Thomas Hillebrandt, Wet Seal’s chief financial officer, said in the company’s Chapter 11 filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware.

Yes, blame that on Obama, lol.

Wet Seal Joins March of Mall Retailers Into Bankruptcy - Bloomberg Business
ODS is strong within the ranks of our eXtreme rw brethren.

It was only a few days ago I posted about the phenomenon of the rightwing cult having to attempt to blame every single bad news story on Obama.

It's become a running joke now.

You didn't read the list, or more likely you are attempting to deceive, as done before
screenshot.1-470x624.jpg

1700 Radio Shacks are closing and that's devastating news? When's the last time you bought anything of consequence at a Radio Shack?

Obamacare is mostly part of it.

Says who?

screenshot.1-470x624.jpg

Obamacare is mostly part of it.

lol, of course. Obamacare is making people shop online, eh?

screenshot.1-470x624.jpg

If you read the list you might be curious as to why Target Canada and Best Buy Canada are on it.

lol

screenshot.1-470x624.jpg

So Target Canada starts up in 2011 and goes bankrupt in 2015, and you want to blame it on Obama.

That's some comedy gold.

screenshot.1-470x624.jpg

Okay- let's look at your list.

Radio Shack- a company that has been moribund for years.

Your second one is Office Depot/Max which is closing redundant stores after a merger.

Barnes and Nobel is closing stores, but htat probably has a lot more to do with the fact people buy books now to be read on Kindle rather than a paper book that clutters a shelf.

Target in Canada. Not sure how that's Obama's fault, exactly.

Barack Obama is responsible for online retailing?

Never knew that

Another right wing hack with serious ODS gets his ass handed to him again. Funny shit. But really, don't the right wingers on here EVER get tired of looking stupid?

Since when are the jobs at those Radio Shacks of no consequence?

I think the point they were making is that Radio Shack has been sliding down for years. And the reasons Radio Shack is folding are mostly about the bad decisions and poor mgmt by the company.

Another right wing hack with serious ODS gets his ass handed to him again. Funny shit. But really, don't the right wingers on here EVER get tired of looking stupid?

They're only trying get praise from their fellow cult members. They are inside the bunker and only listen to the yes-men.

I find this part really funny...

So what else is the problem? For one, Americans are maxing out their credit cards far too early into the year and some of that can be blamed on higher health insurance costs (thanks, Obama) and rising taxes (thanks, Obama).

Nevermind that a great many of these retailers have made it an intentional strategy to reduce their storefront operations and channeling customers toward online sales. One of the companies that jumps out at me is Macy's, because my sister was a manager with them for years and I used to hear all about it. They undertook deliberate plans to drive customers to online purchasing. They've intentionally reduced in-store merchandise, and even have gone so far at times as to set sales that were only available online, and forbid sales associates from matching online sales prices even as customers were standing in front of them with merchandise and a smartphone in hand, ordering online anyway. That particular nugget turned out to be a spectacular failure, BTW, because it quickly started being ignored because the employees weren't going to sit there and actively sabotage their own jobs. Anyway, the point is that retailers want to close their stores. Everyone wants to move to the Amazon model, or at least closer to it.

I find this part really funny...

So what else is the problem? For one, Americans are maxing out their credit cards far too early into the year and some of that can be blamed on higher health insurance costs (thanks, Obama) and rising taxes (thanks, Obama).

Nevermind that a great many of these retailers have made it an intentional strategy to reduce their storefront operations and channeling customers toward online sales. One of the companies that jumps out at me is Macy's, because my sister was a manager with them for years and I used to hear all about it. They undertook deliberate plans to drive customers to online purchasing. They've intentionally reduced in-store merchandise, and even have gone so far at times as to set sales that were only available online, and forbid sales associates from matching online sales prices even as customers were standing in front of them with merchandise and a smartphone in hand, ordering online anyway. That particular nugget turned out to be a spectacular failure, BTW, because it quickly started being ignored because the employees weren't going to sit there and actively sabotage their own jobs. Anyway, the point is that retailers want to close their stores. Everyone wants to move to the Amazon model, or at least closer to it.

But oddly, Amazon has never made a profit. Amazon Prime with free 2 day shipping makes your mailbox a store.

Barack Obama is responsible for online retailing?

Never knew that

Yeah. I thought Al Gore invented the Internet. Or something.
Or something.

Claiming that Al Gorse said he invented the internet is like claiming that Eisenhower claimed he invented the interstate Highway system.

Every time Republicans repeat such nonsense, they look more and more stupid. You would think the stupid is finite, apparently, it's not.

Never. To them, stupid is the new smart.

This is just blame everything on Obama derangement.

Take one example, the Wet Seal bankruptcy. The reason, as cited by Bloomberg...

“The continuing fundamental shift in consumer behavior away from traditional mall shopping toward online-only stores and increased competition throughout the specialty retail fashion industry have created a difficult operating environment,” Thomas Hillebrandt, Wet Seal’s chief financial officer, said in the company’s Chapter 11 filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware.

Yes, blame that on Obama, lol.

Wet Seal Joins March of Mall Retailers Into Bankruptcy - Bloomberg Business

YOU tell me WHAT President EVER EVER said the following:

-- "I prefer destroying 1,400 companies,putting 400,000 people out of work and reducing tax revenue by $100 billion a year. " which is what he means when he says he prefers a single payer health system.

-- "I prefer higher gas prices".

-- "If a utility wants to build coal burning it bankrupt them!"

-- "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket"

My president would NEVER attack the military by accusing them of "air-raiding villages, killing civilians".

I also want a president who doesn't tell people...
“I think I could probably do every job on the campaign better than the people I’ll hire to do it,”
“It’s hard to give up control when that’s all I’ve known.”
“I think I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters,”
I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m gonna think I’m a better political director than my political director.”

My president is not a wanna-be Messiah who pronounces:
""This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

And so here is the ultimate slap in the face for the IDIOTS/LIPs ..... from Obama who has FOOLED YOU!!!
Finally my president will not depend on the "stupidity of American voter" to get elected by:
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied. They were revealed. Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered
young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

Forum List

Back