NFL to stencil 'End Racism' on end zone borders as part of social justice rollout for kickoff week

I just decided I won't be watching any football this season, or perhaps ever.

As part of the NFL's ongoing commitment to social justice programs, the messages "It Takes All of Us" and "End Racism" will be stenciled on all end zone borders for home openers, the league office informed clubs in a memo Monday obtained by ESPN.
The two messages of inclusion, which will be stenciled on opposite end zones during kickoff week, are key elements of the league's broader, multifaceted rollout intended to highlight its efforts to support diversity and inclusion while the new season begins.
The end zone messages demonstrate "how football and the NFL brings people together to work as one and use our example and our actions to help conquer racism," the memo reads. The memo also confirms that players will have the option to wear helmet decals honoring victims of systemic racism.
"Each player will have the option to honor an individual by displaying that person's name via a decal on the back of their helmet," the memo reads. "Players will be offered a list of names and short biographical information to help guide their decision-making, however, they can also select a victim of systemic racism who is not represented on this list." If coaches desire, they can honor victims of systemic racism by wearing patches on their hats.
Additionally, the league will recognize essential workers on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The NFL is a private business in a free country, they can do as they please.

No on is forced to watch this.
The NFL is a government protected monopoly.

As part of the NFL's ongoing commitment to social justice programs, the messages "It Takes All of Us" and "End Racism" will be stenciled on all end zone borders for home openers, the league office informed clubs in a memo Monday obtained by ESPN.
The two messages of inclusion, which will be stenciled on opposite end zones during kickoff week, are key elements of the league's broader, multifaceted rollout intended to highlight its efforts to support diversity and inclusion while the new season begins.
The end zone messages demonstrate "how football and the NFL brings people together to work as one and use our example and our actions to help conquer racism," the memo reads. The memo also confirms that players will have the option to wear helmet decals honoring victims of systemic racism.
"Each player will have the option to honor an individual by displaying that person's name via a decal on the back of their helmet," the memo reads. "Players will be offered a list of names and short biographical information to help guide their decision-making, however, they can also select a victim of systemic racism who is not represented on this list." If coaches desire, they can honor victims of systemic racism by wearing patches on their hats.
Additionally, the league will recognize essential workers on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.

A corrupt monopoly no less as well as a corrupt cartel,had you had any common sense you would have stopped watching the corrupt cartel years ag0 only popping in once in a blue moon to watch your favorite team as I have these past ten years or so.

If the game was not so corrupt in this day and age as it is now I think this would get me to stop watching it as well,that’s the point in going to sporting events is to get away from all this and take your mind off the stuff that goes on in the world.

they have been given special treatment, so that they could provide entertainment to the fans.

not so they can insult the fans and the nation with that asshole accusations.

they want to abuse the special privileges they have been given?

time to take those privileges away.
Many of their stadiums are provided using taxpayer dollars. These arrangements should be rescinded so long as they insist on insulting their fans.
A very good reason why I said goodbye to the NFL years ago.thats bullshit the taxpayers have to keep funding all these stadiums for all these billionaire owners.let them build their own fucking new stadiums.i am very proud of the cities of Oakland and San Diego for not catering to these owners and telling them to build their own stadium,at the same time I’m very disappointed in the leadership in Vegas for catering to them.the day the NFL does not exist will be the greatest gift to mankind.

I used to pay for the NFL ticket so I could watch every game if I wanted....and I would purchase game replay and red zone...I was a Raider fan and had a room filled with their merchandise but when the NFL began to move over seas and gave so much power and money to greedy players and their greedy agents the game fell apart for me....I sold or tossed all of my NFL crap and turned it off for good after the knee debacle....
I cancelled game replay and the ticket and haven't watched an NFL game since...the NFL is dead to me just like the NBA and just like what the MLB is working towards....I'm not a racist and I won't be treated like one by a league I pay to enjoy....I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night......
Pretty sad it took the knee debacle for you to finally say goodbye to the NFL.pretty stupid reason to leave cause of that,you should have left over ten years ago as I did for a valid reason, a certain term cheating and getting away with scandal after scandal tainting a great game and the owners not doing anything about it,that’s when you SHOULD have left and only popped once in a blue moon to watch your favorite team,in your case the raiders.

Oh and the MLB became corrupt back in the mid ninetys as well.i never watch the World Series anymore.the cubs was the exception of course.

Really...so the bakery owner that lost everything he had worked for for over 40 years in Seattle because his bakery was torched is a white supremacist?
What do you imagine you contribute by cherry-picking examples WITHOUT providing any evidence in support of your claim?
Indeed,he should stick to sports,he can never back up his babble in politics with evidence.

NFL, most racist, woman hating organization! Where are the Asian players? Where are all the female linebackers?

I used to pay for the NFL ticket so I could watch every game if I wanted....and I would purchase game replay and red zone...I was a Raider fan and had a room filled with their merchandise but when the NFL began to move over seas and gave so much power and money to greedy players and their greedy agents the game fell apart for me....I sold or tossed all of my NFL crap and turned it off for good after the knee debacle....
I cancelled game replay and the ticket and haven't watched an NFL game since...the NFL is dead to me just like the NBA and just like what the MLB is working towards....I'm not a racist and I won't be treated like one by a league I pay to enjoy....I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night......
Pretty sad it took the knee debacle for you to finally say goodbye to the NFL.pretty stupid reason to leave cause of that,you should have left over ten years ago as I did for a valid reason, a certain term cheating and getting away with scandal after scandal tainting a great game and the owners not doing anything about it,that’s when you SHOULD have left and only popped once in a blue moon to watch your favorite team,in your case the raiders.

Oh and the MLB became corrupt back in the mid ninetys as well.i never watch the World Series anymore.the cubs was the exception of course.
Obviously you can't read...my disdain for pro sports began years ago when players were still happy to be on the field....

I thought football players were mainly stupid, but I didn't realize that football PEOPLE are stupid.

The dumb fucks don't even realize that there are NO INDIVIDUAL VICTIMS OF SYSTEMIC RACISM! That is OVERT racism that has individual victims.

Which is not even to mention that the whole concept of SOCIAL JUSTICE is preposterous. Justice is, by its very nature, individual.

I wish I were an NFL fan so that I could stop supporting them.

Shit.

NFL to stencil 'End Racism' on end zone borders
I thought paying a minority 17 million dollars to work only 16-20 hours a year was a pretty good start at ending racism! That's about a million dollars an hour at a time when most others are getting more like ten.

I have no problem with ending racism, just so long as we concede that not only is America one of the LEAST racist countries in the world, but that racism applies to ALL races and is NOT a problem exclusive only to Africans.

BLM probably, Antifa? Just a bunch of entitled brats that believe the world owes them.
In all of US History there has never been a brat more entitled than...
3k3a4o.jpg

https://www.newsweek.com/poor-little-rich-kid-trump-ultimate-entitled-brat-418642

Have you ever thought about acting like an adult and stay on topic or has TDS just taken over your brain?

Russia invaded Finland and then participated in carving up Poland with Nazi Germany. It takes a special kind of stupid to paint the USSR as the victim in WW II
Russian civilians were victims of German capitalists in ways you can't imagine:
View attachment 368423
Barbarossa USA
The USSR was one of the perpetrators in WW II, moron. It doesn't matter what Germany did during the war. Russia did just as bad or even worse.

Stalin starved 20-30 million people to death before the war.
"It doesn't matter what Germany did during the war." Yep, that idiocy was actually posted by you.
In the context of Russian war crimes, no it doesn't.

What a sleazy dishonest douchebag.

yep. she is a piece of shit.

ld man, too cowardly to answer a question. too driven by hate and ideology to not hit the reply button.
How chicken shit would someone (like you) have to be to constantly resort to ad hominem homilies instead of answering a simple question like "Why do you think the NFL fan base is devoid of racists?"
hqdefault.jpg

Donald Trump, the Most Unmanly President

because nothing i said, justified such a question.

only an asshole trying to push a strawman on me, would ask such a "Question".

the only valid response, since we are not in rl, was to point out what asshole behavior you are doing, and how that reveals that you are a piece of shit.

the implication is that we, as America, are in general, racist.

that is both insulting and not true.
What have you accomplished that would lead you to believe you are NOT racist?

racism is primarily an idea. asking me what i have done to believe that i don't hold an idea,

is fucking moronic.

and it is worth noting, that my post, was about America as a whole, generally speaking.

and you of course, made it personal, with an implication that i am wacist.

you are a fucking asshole.

my point stands, you dishonest piece of shit.

the act of nfl, implies that we as america are generally racist and that is both an insult and not true.

you just demonstrated that you know that is not true, with your desperate attempt to distract from my point.

you commie hack.

When did Republicans stop supporting veterans and POWs? How are they even relevant to this horseshit?
Tammy Duckworth.....John McCain.....just for starters.
So running against a Democrat means you don't support veterans?

TDS morons are unbelievable.

McCain was indistinguishable from a Democrat, BTW.

it is also worth noting that the vast majority of people that voted for trump, also voted for john mccain.
And then denied denied denied after the 2008 loss. All their lard god trump had to do was denigrate McCain and POWs and all the good little cultists fell in line.

we denied nothing. we were unhappy that he insulted us after we supported him. that was him being a dick, to us, and had nothing to do with trump.

i am glad that when mccain was being such an asshole, that trump insulted him back, for us.

i appreciate him speaking out for us in that regard.
As the trump cultists turn on veterans and POWs because he snapped his tiny orange fingers.

you fucking moron. mccain insulted us. i am glad trump was there to call him on it. if mccain did it to my face, i would have called him on it.

and that was about mccain personally, not "vets" you fucking asshole.

sloppy wording, for looking out for the interests on the nation he is leading. hardly "greedy" like you commies are.
Only sloppy, gullible fools believe a crony-capitalist like Trump has done anything that doesn't benefit his parasitic brethren since taking office:
Trump-Ryan Tax Plan Means $1.5 Billion in Cuts to Affordable Health Care | Prosperity Now

trump-ryan-tax-plan-medicaid.jpg

https://www.newsweek.com/2017/04/14/donald-trump-cabinet-billionaires-washington-579084.html

"Anybody with $1 billion in net worth possesses a tranche of wealth greater than the gross domestic product of 60 nations.

"So what can a president give to these men who have everything?

"And what can they do for him and to the rest of America?

"The answer may be found in the most famous line from the Italian classic novel The Leopard, about the decaying Sicilian aristocracy: 'Everything must change so that everything can remain the same.'"

It would nice if the slogan read "End ALL racism."

It's not just Caucasians who may be racist toward minority groups, it's also minority groups who may be racist against Caucasians and fellow minorities.

Especially because of the COVID0-19 tragedy, some Asians are being verbally and/or physically attacked by people of ALL ethnicities, especially by those folks who claim to be the principal target of racism by Caucasians!

I concur
I am sick of the bullshit virtue signaling false narratives.
One great thing out of the NFL is this lone voice of reason in the wilderness of false information...
A true man who refuses to get behind the faux organization called BlackLivesMatter

Forum List

Back