NFL shits the bed with bricks

The NFL cannot get it right these days. Opening weekend and a lot of fans tuned out or off. I grew up in the glory days of Washington DC football when the NFL was run by the ultimate PR machine, Pete Rozelle. The NFL could appeal to ALL people.

Inside the league’s smallest stadium, RFK Stadium, Blacks and whites, Republicans and Democrats, lawyers and construction workers, and environmentalists and hunters all stood side-by-side unified enjoying a great product.

In today’s era of awoke, things have changed. Somehow, multimillionaires running around with a pigskin ball complaining about being oppressed is not appealing to the masses. Putting the names of people slain by officers on the back of helmets is encouraged but putting the name of slain officers slain by people on the back of helmets is prohibited. Separate national anthems further drives people apart.

The NFL keeps shitting itself and losing millions. What now? Are you going to try and guilt everyone into supporting the league? Government bailout? My advice is to get back to playing football and stay out of politics. It’s killing you financially.
I'm right with you, I attended some of those Redskins games in RFK during the glory years. The atmosphere was so fun, nobody gave a shit what color you were, you were a SKINS fan. Now they've completely fucked it up with Black Lives Matter. I don't know if it will ever be the same. Very sad.

Black Lives Matter is very divisive.
When 'All Lives Matter' is considered offensive you know something has gone very wrong.
When all lives matter is used by racists to divide people against a valid protest against injustice, those doing so are what is wrong.
How about when non-Racists just want to say that All lives matter? Is it OK then?
Non racists know that for all lives to matter, black lives matter and support the black lives matter movement. The All Lives Matter narrative is another example of aversive or colorblind racism
Aversive or colorblind racism? WTF? All Lives Matter is not a "narrative". Dude you are a head case if there ever was one.

Ratings will go back up next year when the virus is under control.
Racist divisive lecturing has no place in the game. Sports is the ultimate escapism where we get to watch the best athletes in the world do what they do best. I don't know if we'll ever get back to that. This sucks and everyone knows it.

You have every right to avoid things that upset you.

They'll manage without you.

The NFL cannot get it right these days. Opening weekend and a lot of fans tuned out or off. I grew up in the glory days of Washington DC football when the NFL was run by the ultimate PR machine, Pete Rozelle. The NFL could appeal to ALL people.

Inside the league’s smallest stadium, RFK Stadium, Blacks and whites, Republicans and Democrats, lawyers and construction workers, and environmentalists and hunters all stood side-by-side unified enjoying a great product.

In today’s era of awoke, things have changed. Somehow, multimillionaires running around with a pigskin ball complaining about being oppressed is not appealing to the masses. Putting the names of people slain by officers on the back of helmets is encouraged but putting the name of slain officers slain by people on the back of helmets is prohibited. Separate national anthems further drives people apart.

The NFL keeps shitting itself and losing millions. What now? Are you going to try and guilt everyone into supporting the league? Government bailout? My advice is to get back to playing football and stay out of politics. It’s killing you financially.
I have a much better idea, YOU get out of football, its not a good product, its a scam intended to manipulate you, and millions just like you, and your collective feelings of inferiority, milking them to death & to the tune of billions of dollars! Buy a telescope, or a microscope, a camera, learn how to write, commune with the wild creatures of the forest, build a miracle in your garage, anything, but turn off the idiocy that is professional athletics! Turn your mind on, not fucking off.... :puke3:
:lmao:

Racist divisive lecturing has no place in the game. Sports is the ultimate escapism where we get to watch the best athletes in the world do what they do best. I don't know if we'll ever get back to that. This sucks and everyone knows it.

The teams will manage until they make no profits to pay their millionaire kneelers and the entire NFL will have to declare bankruptcy. It's happening as we speak.

TV ratings down 11 percent...get woke, go broke

That is only the start of a national boycott against the NFL, Baseball, NBA, and NHL.
Sports and politics are like oil and water.
When I was young and play in sports and had wild dreams of going professional I never thought about politics.
View Mike Ditka's Twitter comments:

Last edited:

The teams will manage until they make no profits to pay their millionaire kneelers and the entire NFL will have to declare bankruptcy. It's happening as we speak.

Wishful thinking.

Please tell us all when you predict the NFL will reach bankruptcy and what illegal narcotics you're using to come up with that prediction.

Look at what American citizens just did to Netflix. Obama and compay just lost $16 Billion for the production of "Cuties".

Wishful thinking.

Please tell us all when you predict the NFL will reach bankruptcy and what illegal narcotics you're using to come up with that prediction.

Ask me again in 2 weeks.

Look at what American citizens just did to Netflix. Obama and compay just lost $16 Billion for the production of "Cuties".

Netflix isn't bankrupt.

That article is referring to a stock drop in July of 2019 where their market cap was about $142 billion. Today their market cap is about $219 billion.

Looks like they're doing fine.

Wishful thinking.

Ask me again in 2 weeks.

The NFL won't be bankrupt in two weeks.

I'm right with you, I attended some of those Redskins games in RFK during the glory years. The atmosphere was so fun, nobody gave a shit what color you were, you were a SKINS fan. Now they've completely fucked it up with Black Lives Matter. I don't know if it will ever be the same. Very sad.

Black Lives Matter is very divisive.
Only to whites who are racists.
Blacks are racist also.

GET WOKE, GO BROKE: NFL ratings plummet as networks slash ad prices.

“Average NFL viewership has dropped approximately 8 percent from the 2019 season, but a week for week comparison shows a much worse situation. The NFL had 14.5 million viewers for Week 13 of the season, which is a 29 percent drop from the same week last season.”​

The WSJ reported on how networks are being forced to renegotiate with advertisers due to the drop off.

"TV networks are feeling the strains of disappointing NFL ratings, as they are forced to restructure deals with advertisers to make up for the smaller audience, and their opportunity to make money off remaining games during the lucrative holiday season narrows," the WSJ reports.​

Forum List

Back