NFL Chooses Chicana and Indigenous Artist Lucinda Hinojos to Create Artworks and Ticket Design for 2023 Super Bowl

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Ahead of Super Bowl LVII next month, the NFL has chosen Arizona-based artist Lucinda Hinojos to create key art tied to the upcoming sporting event, which will be at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.

Hinojos, who is also known as “La Morena,” is the first Chicana and Indigenous artist to be selected by the NFL for such a collaboration, which includes creating an artwork that be featured on the tickets for the 2023 Super Bowl and displayed across Arizona in the month leading up to the game.

Working with Indige Design Collab of Cahokia Socialtech and Artspace, Hinojos will also create a 9,500-square-foot mural, the largest in Super Bowl history, with fellow Indigenous artists Randy Barton (Diné/Navajo), Anitra “Yukue” Molina (Yaqui), and Carrie “CC” Curley (San Carlos Apache) at the Monarch Theatre in Phoenix. Additionally, she will collaborate with the NFL and Wilson to create a new football design that will soon be available for purchase.

I am not familiar with her work (no big surprise) and I went to find some of her stuff. I like her murals.

Forum List

Back