Next year's trip

Jarlaxle

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2012
New England
Wondering where to go next summer. Considerations are another Gulf Coast trip (and hopefully, finishing the trip in 2018, cut short by wrecking my bike), a Great Lakes trip (ride through Canada and around the Lakes), or something else. Another run to the Blue Ridge and The Dragon is also a consideration.

Ideas?

Wondering where to go next summer. Considerations are another Gulf Coast trip (and hopefully, finishing the trip in 2018, cut short by wrecking my bike), a Great Lakes trip (ride through Canada and around the Lakes), or something else. Another run to the Blue Ridge and The Dragon is also a consideration.

Ideas?

Ah, the Dragon. I did the MSSD run last month.

If I were going to Canada it would likely be Cape Breton. Even though I've been there four times.

Lol ....next years trip....

with respect

Do not go to demonrats places.....full of fecal ....full of homeless...full of immigrants scum...

Spare yourself and your family

that's all I'm saying

Lol ....next years trip....

with respect

Do not go to demonrats places.....full of fecal ....full of homeless...full of immigrants scum...

Spare yourself and your family

that's all I'm saying

You need to go somewhere you can jettison your obsession Skye.

This is the Travel Forum.

Sheeeeeeeesh.

do not go to DemonRats states OP

that's my advise to you and your family

Once you get north of Boston, New England is cool. There are a lot of places to visit and things to do between Portland, Maine and the Canadian border. Side trip to Quebec, depending on available time.

Once you get north of Boston, New England is cool. There are a lot of places to visit and things to do between Portland, Maine and the Canadian border. Side trip to Quebec, depending on available time.

I LIVE in New England. I'm ~2 hours from Portland. That's not a vacation...that's a day trip.

Would you and your family consider a trip to Egypt for example? to see the Pyramids? do you like archaeology?

I LIVE in New England. I'm ~2 hours from Portland. That's not a vacation...that's a day trip.

Well see, then Nova Scotia is in easy reach. Way closer than it is for me. I used to drive there from New Orleans.

Unique place.

Québec from there requires you either plunge through the Maine woods where there's nothing but bugs and loggers, or take a wide angle around New Brunswick, and then you're only in eastern (rural) Québec.

I'd just continue northeast -- if not Nova Scotia then on to Gaspé and Newfoundland. I like Québec but more the developed parts to the west -- Montréal, Drummondville, Sherbrooke, Québec City.

I can also tell you PEI is a lovely charming bucolic drive.

I'm definitely not riding to Alaska.

Virginia Creeper Trail runs through our property. It's a nice place to ride. Used to be we only got occasional hikers coming through there but over the years it's turned into a biking trail.

You can rent a bike on just about every corner there in Damascus. The town hasn't changed a bit over the years. It really is one of the truly sweet spots in America.

Home

Forum List

Back