Newt Spills: 'Swamp' Talk Was Just For Show

Donald Trump is a conman who said anything he thought would get him votes. He duped Republican voters.

He's not a politician.
He's going to clean up Washington.
He's going to build a wall.
He's going to deport the 10 MIL illegals.
He's going to ban Muslims.
He cares about American workers.
He's going to bring jobs back.

:laugh:

Laugh8ng hysterically that you though the Hillary was going to do any of that stuff.

585aecef1c000011070ece66.jpeg

Newt Gingrich Says Trump Has Given Up On ‘Draining The Swamp’

If that wasn’t obvious.

After campaigning on a promise to clean up Washington and rid it of special interests, Donald Trump has stacked his team with the likes of former Goldman Sachs banker Steven Mnuchin and ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson.

Now, just weeks before taking office, Trump has decided to sideline his pledge to “drain the swamp,” his ally Newt Gingrich said Wednesday.

I’m told he now just disclaims that,” Gingrich (R-Ga.) the former House speaker, told NPR’s “Morning Edition.” “He now says it was cute, but he doesn’t want to use it anymore.”

Gingrich posted to Twitter this week what he described to NPR as “a very cute tweet” about the alligators in Washington. But someone ― Gingrich didn’t disclose who ― sent him a note saying they were tired of hearing such talk.

"The alligators are unhappy about draining the swamp. That is the explanation for the nonsense about subverting the electoral college." --Newt Gingrich

Gingrich told NPR he’s noticed a post-election change in Trump’s attitude about certain things, namely the “lock her up” chant that rang through campaign events.

Trump this month acknowledged his threat to imprison Hillary Clinton for using a private email server was a show to garner support.

Apparently, vowing to “drain the swamp” may have been more of the same.

More: Newt Gingrich Says Trump Has Given Up On 'Draining The Swamp'

Trump's entire campaign was "just for show". His entire campaign was based on lies - starting with the Obama birther bullshit which he knew was a lie from the beginning.

So this is a lot like Obama's getting rid of lobbyists and being the most transparent administration ever.

Wow politicians lie. Who would have thought. The problem you have is it isn't your guy lying.

Ben Carson is a swamp crreature.

Now that is funny.

Lakkyhota probably was raised by rats.

Trump will suffer the wrath of American patriots like me during his entire (hopefully limited) time in the White House. Just like NaziCons would have trashed Hillary had she won. Paybacks are hell. Get used to it.

Hell ?

You are nothing but a zit on a message board. Something to be dealt with in short order.

You give yourself way to much credit.

Each time you post this kind of butthurt thread.....

You'll get a picture of you in your natural state.

362fdd245237b5d05d053db1d4564a8c.jpg
"to much credit".....:rofl:

Trump will suffer the wrath of American patriots like me during his entire (hopefully limited) time in the White House. Just like NaziCons would have trashed Hillary had she won. Paybacks are hell. Get used to it.

Hell ?

You are nothing but a zit on a message board. Something to be dealt with in short order.

You give yourself way to much credit.

Each time you post this kind of butthurt thread.....

You'll get a picture of you in your natural state.

362fdd245237b5d05d053db1d4564a8c.jpg
"to much credit".....:rofl:

Correct.

Donald Trump is a conman who said anything he thought would get him votes. He duped Republican voters.

He's not a politician.

Laugh8ng hysterically that you though the Hillary was going to do any of that stuff.

She never promised any of it. Trump did and that list is getting g pretty short before he's even sworn in.

Feeling used yet?

He's not a politician.

She never promised any of it. Trump did and that list is getting g pretty short before he's even sworn in.

Feeling used yet?

Well look what Obama did, transparency? Nope. No lobbyists, that was out the window. Close Gitmo? Lol!

Sorry people stupid enough to believe Obama would follow through, shouldn't berate people stupid enough to think Trump would follow through.

Once again, Lakhota day late, eagle feather short of Happy Meal. :talktothehand:

Sioux-Indians.jpg

Gingrich said he'd "goofed" this morning after Trump death-tweeted him.

Last edited:
585aecef1c000011070ece66.jpeg

Newt Gingrich Says Trump Has Given Up On ‘Draining The Swamp’

If that wasn’t obvious.

After campaigning on a promise to clean up Washington and rid it of special interests, Donald Trump has stacked his team with the likes of former Goldman Sachs banker Steven Mnuchin and ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson.

Now, just weeks before taking office, Trump has decided to sideline his pledge to “drain the swamp,” his ally Newt Gingrich said Wednesday.

I’m told he now just disclaims that,” Gingrich (R-Ga.) the former House speaker, told NPR’s “Morning Edition.” “He now says it was cute, but he doesn’t want to use it anymore.”

Gingrich posted to Twitter this week what he described to NPR as “a very cute tweet” about the alligators in Washington. But someone ― Gingrich didn’t disclose who ― sent him a note saying they were tired of hearing such talk.

"The alligators are unhappy about draining the swamp. That is the explanation for the nonsense about subverting the electoral college." --Newt Gingrich

Gingrich told NPR he’s noticed a post-election change in Trump’s attitude about certain things, namely the “lock her up” chant that rang through campaign events.

Trump this month acknowledged his threat to imprison Hillary Clinton for using a private email server was a show to garner support.

Apparently, vowing to “drain the swamp” may have been more of the same.

More: Newt Gingrich Says Trump Has Given Up On 'Draining The Swamp'

Trump's entire campaign was "just for show". His entire campaign was based on lies - starting with the Obama birther bullshit which he knew was a lie from the beginning.
Apparently you're the big fat liar.

Trump corrects Gingrich: We'll always be trying to drain the swamp

He's not a politician.

Feeling used yet?

Well look what Obama did, transparency? Nope. No lobbyists, that was out the window. Close Gitmo? Lol!

Sorry people stupid enough to believe Obama would follow through, shouldn't berate people stupid enough to think Trump would follow through.
I am not an expert in these things but it is my understanding that the Commander-in-Chief of the United States military on Guantánamo would refuse to obey any order to close the concentration camp by President Obama because Republicans in Congress would not give him money. I confess I do not understand how American government works.

He's not a politician.

Feeling used yet?

I am not an expert in these things but it is my understanding that the Commander-in-Chief of the United States military on Guantánamo would refuse to obey any order to close the concentration camp by President Obama because Republicans in Congress would not give him money. I confess I do not understand how American government works.

The issue is the citizens of the United States don't want the criminals here in the US. Other countries don't want the criminals. So there they sit at Gitmo, even though the President promised to close it. He broke his promise. The same holds true for Obama's not hiring lobbyists and being transparent.

He's not a politician.

Feeling used yet?

The issue is the citizens of the United States don't want the criminals here in the US. Other countries don't want the criminals. So there they sit at Gitmo, even though the President promised to close it. He broke his promise. The same holds true for Obama's not hiring lobbyists and being transparent.
In the United States, are prisoners who have never been charged with any crime or put on trial nevertheless regarded as "criminals", I wonder.

Feeling used yet?

In the United States, are prisoners who have never been charged with any crime or put on trial nevertheless regarded as "criminals", I wonder.

That's another issue, probably worthy of a thread, doesn't change the fact Obama leaves them at Gitmo after promising to close Gitmo.

Feeling used yet?

What criminals are you talking about?

Forum List

Back