Newt on Trump

Interesting little bit of trivia on stationing US troops overseas: It is far less expensive to station 28,000 troops in South Korea than it would be to keep them here. South Korea pays half the cost.

That's a GREAT reason to be treaty bound to fight a war with the largest nation in the world.

NOT.
Still not getting the whole deterrence concept....are you.

I have repeatedly pointed out to you that making commitments based on the assumption that you will never have to fulfill them is massively irresponsible.

Deterrence works when your enemy thinks that you are serious.

If you commitments are such that your enemy thinks you are bluffing, then you have entered a very dangerous situation.

Especially as that crisis might occur years later when the people in charge didn't know that they weren't supposed to be SERIOUS about fulfilling that commitment.

That is a very good way to set your nation and the world up for a horrific disaster.
Please feel free to demonstrate how our policy of deterrence hasn't worked.

I like his stated policies on Immigration and Trade. They are well designed to serve the interests of the Working Class Americans and America as a whole.

Rhetoric and campaign speeches are part of the election process I find boring. And yet they are required of every candidate.

To focus just on Trump dong it, is dishonest.

Which is to be expected from a liberal.
Talking is all Trump is doing.

It is funny the way you libs dismiss his stated policies when it serves your purpose to do so,

And then when you are panic mongering, suddenly his "talking" is the most important and scary things in the universe.

And since so few people call you on your bullshit, generally you get to have it both ways.

Must suck when you run into someone like me who calls you on it.

You point about his campaign rhetoric was sillly.

My point about his serious policy issues stands.

I like his stated policies on Immigration and Trade. They are well designed to serve the interests of the Working Class Americans and America as a whole.
To understand why Donald Trump is so wildly popular in Russia you need a little perspective on the history and character of Russian people. Russians traditionally admire a strong leader, they have no traditions of democracy or representative government, a cult of leader personality permeates their psyche. They are naturally drawn to authoritarian figures.

or it could be that they like the idea that the most powerful nation in the world would drop it's vendetta against them.

Dropping sanctions against Russia would have immediate and massive positive effects on the Russian Economy and the Standard of Living for nearly all Russians.
Vendetta? Sounds like something a Russian security service paid troll would say.

Attacking me does not support your claims nor rebut mine.

OUr leaders have been stuck in Cold War thinking, and screwing around with a nation that is no longer a threat to US, or our interests.

Vendetta is a fair description of a hostility based on factors long gone.

Talking is all Trump is doing.

It is funny the way you libs dismiss his stated policies when it serves your purpose to do so,

And then when you are panic mongering, suddenly his "talking" is the most important and scary things in the universe.

And since so few people call you on your bullshit, generally you get to have it both ways.

To understand why Donald Trump is so wildly popular in Russia you need a little perspective on the history and character of Russian people. Russians traditionally admire a strong leader, they have no traditions of democracy or representative government, a cult of leader personality permeates their psyche. They are naturally drawn to authoritarian figures.

or it could be that they like the idea that the most powerful nation in the world would drop it's vendetta against them.

Dropping sanctions against Russia would have immediate and massive positive effects on the Russian Economy and the Standard of Living for nearly all Russians.
Vendetta? Sounds like something a Russian security service paid troll would say.

OUr leaders have been stuck in Cold War thinking, and screwing around with a nation that is no longer a threat to US, or our interests.

Perfect nonsense.

Interesting little bit of trivia on stationing US troops overseas: It is far less expensive to station 28,000 troops in South Korea than it would be to keep them here. South Korea pays half the cost.

That's a GREAT reason to be treaty bound to fight a war with the largest nation in the world.

NOT.

I have repeatedly pointed out to you that making commitments based on the assumption that you will never have to fulfill them is massively irresponsible.

If you commitments are such that your enemy thinks you are bluffing, then you have entered a very dangerous situation.

Especially as that crisis might occur years later when the people in charge didn't know that they weren't supposed to be SERIOUS about fulfilling that commitment.

That is a very good way to set your nation and the world up for a horrific disaster.

Oh, it totally has. In the past. When it was credible.

If Western Europe was conquered by the Soviets, that would have been a real threat to the US and US interests.

Thus, our commitment to fight to prevent that was completely credible.

As Estonia being conquered is a ZERO threat to the US and US interests, that commitment is less credible.

We have created a situation where a reckless leader of Russian could convince themselves that our commitment is a bluff, like you keep saying, and roll the dice.

A war with Russia, for no reason, would be very bad for the US, even assuming, which we can't, that it would not go nuclear.

Russia is a large nation with many advantages in any likely scenario of US Russian Conflict.

It would be a bloodbath the like we have not seen since WWII.

Perfect nonsense.

What part?

DO you deny that we have been screwing around with Russia?

NOT.

Oh, it totally has. In the past. When it was credible.

If Western Europe was conquered by the Soviets, that would be a real threat to the US and US interests.

Thus, our commitment to fight to prevent that was completely credible.

As Estonia being conquered is a ZERO threat to the US and US interests, that commitment is less credible.

We have created a situation where a reckless leader of Russian could convince themselves that our commitment is a bluff, like you keep saying, and roll the dice.

A war with Russia, for no reason, would be very bad for the US, even assuming, which we can't, that it would not go nuclear.

Russia is a large nation with many advantages in any likely scenario of US Russian Conflict.

It would be a bloodbath the like we have not seen since WWII.
Please elaborate on how the threat is less credible.

Perfect nonsense.

What part?

DO you deny that we have been screwing around with Russia?
Only with mail order brides.

Forum List

Back