Newsom's reparations panel demands ability to deny real estate purchases by race.

That is an example of Restorative Justice? Make the the practice of Housing Discrimination illegal and then “restore” it to use against Whites? That is sure to divide US.
Restore what? The panel didn't recommend redlining white people.
California is home to many wealthy elite liberal Whites. I guarantee they will take no less kindly to being denied real estate in the name of bullshit wokeness.
I don't give a shit what wealthy white people take kindly to. 😄
Restorative Justice is simply a vehicle to get revenge on Whitey.
More like racism is the vehicle used to forever deny Black Americans justice.

So if you collude with a large enough group of people then seeking justice is impossible? Is that your logic?

My logic is that just being a part of a group of people does not make you guilty of what some of them did.

White people put Japanese people in camps during WWII, am I responsible for that as well?

Am I responsible for every harm caused by white people since I am white?

What harm would be caused to you by the recommendation of this panel?

If I were denied the right to buy a house due to my skin color then the same harm that was done to black people when they were denied such a thing due to their skin color.

Where did you pull those numbers out other than your ass? And who's suggesting black people who's ancestors weren't victims of segregation and redlining should be compensated? My family is black but we didn't come to this country until the 80s. I wouldn't expect to be compensated for America's history of racial injustice because no one in my family, other than the black American in-laws I have, were victims of it.
There is no nation on the planet earth, or people - any race - whose ancestry didn't suffer as bad as blacks - and many much worse.
You don't see them sitting on their asses all day demanding anything.
Because they don't have a victim mentality.
Get over it. We don't care. At all. Even a little bit.
We are Republicans, we didn't and don't use your race as economic slaves like Democrats still do to this day to harvest votes. That is all they care about, and all they ever will care about as long as you allow yourselves to be treated like that by Democrats.

Why do some whites not understand restorative justice is going to entail giving up some of those previous ill gotten gains.

What about those of us whites that don’t have any previously ill gotten gains? We are supposed to pay for someone else’s indescretions? If your great uncle robbed a bank but escaped justice, should you be posthumously jailed on his behalf?

Here is an idea. Stop supporting all race-based policies.

My logic is that just being a part of a group of people does not make you guilty of what some of them did.
No one is saying you are.
White people put Japanese people in camps during WWII, am I responsible for that as well?
The Japanese where given reparations, funded by all tax payers in the 90s. My family didn't come here until the 80s and weren't at all responsible for Japanese internment during WW 2 but as tax payers we were still responsible for the debt our government incurred. That's how government and society works.
Am I responsible for every harm caused by white people since I am white?
As a citizen you are responsible for the debts of this government.
If I were denied the right to buy a house due to my skin color then the same harm that was done to black people when they were denied such a thing due to their skin color.
Where has this panel suggested redlining white people?

"white people" = DEMOCRATS

LBJ

and those who admire LBJ including Hillary, Traitor Joe, and homO your hero....

Who opposed segregation? The REPUBLICAN PARTY, the WHITE PEOPLE who vote REPUBLICAN
You mean FDR you dumb fuck. LBJ is the president who ended segregation.

What about those of us whites that don’t have any previously ill gotten gains? We are supposed to pay for someone else’s indescretions? If your great uncle robbed a bank but escaped justice, should you be posthumously jailed on his behalf?

Here is an idea. Stop supporting all race-based policies.
The problem here is that the American government was a party to these injustices.

Keep playing the victim, no-one cares about your grievances or your war on the past. Need a tissue?
I'm not playing a victim you stupid fuck, you are. I'm not Black American. None of these recommendations are benefits to me.

No one is saying you are.

Yes, you are.

The Japanese where given reparations, funded by all tax payers in the 90s. My family didn't come here until the 80s and weren't at all responsible for Japanese internment during WW 2 but as tax payers we were still responsible for the debt our government incurred. That's how government and society works.

Yes, and all of society paid for them, including the Japanese folks here paying taxes. It was not just the white people that had to pay.

Where has this panel suggested redlining white people?

The board gives itself the power to do so

That's what white people did during segregation you historically ignorant Dipshit. 😄

Why do some whites not understand restorative justice is going to entail giving up some of those previous ill gotten gains.

TYhe key words is DID.

That particular practice WAS given up decades ago.

Why do you idiots not understand that punishing people today for something someone else once did is NOT just of any sort. Restorative or other wise. It is racism which perpetuates racism and nothing more.

You cannot defeat racism with more racism.

TYhe key words is DID.

That particular practice WAS given up decades ago.

Why do you idiots not understand that punishing people today for something someone else once did is NOT just of any sort. Restorative or other wise. It is racism which perpetuates racism and nothing more.

You cannot defeat racism with more racism.

To note, this is what one side argues about the "Dreamers" also.

It's not racist to dismantel and address previous racist policies, dumb dumb. That's called justice.
Once again those previous policies were dismanteled. Igt is not justice it is cheap racism and nothing more

It is not justice and this idea or support for it makes one as much of a racist as any klansman,

OIP.SUYczwR9yL7EQHlVF2t-9gHaGy

That's what white people did during segregation you historically ignorant Dipshit. 😄

Was it wrong when they did it?

If you put a modifier in front of justice you no longer have actual justice.

So if you collude with a large enough group of people then seeking justice is impossible? Is that your logic?

What harm would be caused to you by the recommendation of this panel?
There was no collusion

The same question could be asked of any bnlack person harmed by the previous policy

Forum List

Back