Newsome signs bill that gives state regulators the power to penalize oil companies for making too much money

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
On Tuesday, Newsom signed a new law that gives state regulators the power to penalize oil companies for making too much money, the first of its kind in the country.

It's the type of legislation the oil industry might have crushed in the past. But on Monday, the bill cleared the state Assembly with only one Democrat voting against it.

"We proved we could finally beat big oil," Newsom said Tuesday after signing the bill.

I hope this means that the oil companies just increased the supply to the rest of the country and Newsome screwed Californians. If I am going to be penalized for selling oil in CA, I will sell it somewhere else.....In fact I hope all blue states do the same thing.....Your move NY.

I say:

475e1b31d69ba11dfa582600628b1a4c.jpg

Good luck getting gas for a U-Haul.....If any are available.

With the aggression towards oil companies, the push for phasing out fossil fuel vehicles and the drive to make all power produced in California from renewable sources ... How is California going to produce enough energy for it's already lackluster energy grid while continuing to exponentially introduce more to it?

On Tuesday, Newsom signed a new law that gives state regulators the power to penalize oil companies for making too much money, the first of its kind in the country.

It's the type of legislation the oil industry might have crushed in the past. But on Monday, the bill cleared the state Assembly with only one Democrat voting against it.

"We proved we could finally beat big oil," Newsom said Tuesday after signing the bill.

I hope this means that the oil companies just increased the supply to the rest of the country and Newsome screwed Californians. If I am going to be penalized for selling oil in CA, I will sell it somewhere else.....In fact I hope all blue states do the same thing.....Your move NY.

I say:

Guess what knucklehead. Too many customers to lose. Get a brain.

I say:

A model example of Democrap stupidity/insanity/corruption.

The Big evil Greedy Oil Companies earn 5¢ to 10¢ in profit per gallon of gasoline.

Government TAKES (not earns) about $1.83 per gallon in taxes, and that does not count the excessive regulatory burdens that government imposes on the oil companies, which further increase the costs of production which they have no choice but to pass on to us in the form of higher prices.

And California is the worst state in the country, as far as the burdens that it imposes on the oil industry, which end up being imposed on us consumers in higher fuel prices.

So, what do the criminals that infest our state government propose to do about the way that we consumers are being screwed on fuel prices? They impose new “penalties” on the oil companies, that in the end, will screw us even worse.

When you vote for Democraps, you're voting for this.

You know what might actually help California consumers? If we imposed harsh financial penalties, not on the companies that produce goods and services that we need, but on corrupt politicians such as Governor Newsom, that support policies that gratuitously burden these companies.

Sounds like you are loving the bloodsuckers.
if you hate them so much stop using fossil fuels .

What is bizarre here, is that I think that it was the oil companies that okfine was calling “bloodsuckers”, and not the corrupt criminals in political office that are truly responsible for robbing us, while trying to frame the oil companies for this robbery.

What is bizarre here, is that I think that it was the oil companies that okfine was calling “bloodsuckers”, and not the corrupt criminals in political office that are truly responsible for robbing us, while trying to frame the oil companies for this robbery.
I don't buy gas from Newsome.

Ships coming from Asia would have to go through the Panama Canal, which adds to the shipping costs. However, surface transportation would probably be less cuz LA is not CA.

As I said Galveston already takes in the most foreign tonnage of any port in the US.
And a lot of it has to pass through the Panama Canal as it is.

Forum List

Back