News Of The World

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Enjoyable film. I liked that you never quite knew how it was going to end or happen next.

Good to see Tom Hanks in a western. I doubt he will but hopefully he will make more.

Enjoyable film. I liked that you never quite knew how it was going to end or happen next.

Good to see Tom Hanks in a western. I doubt he will but hopefully he will make more.
Haven't been to a movie in a theater, since the Covid pandemic started. How was it masked for 2 hours? Did you have the ability to distance? Just taking your chances does sound like your style.

It appears the drive inn movie theaters will make a come back
Between weather (hot and cold), mosquitos, long walks on uneven gravel in the dark from concession stand, I doubt it.

Haven't been to a movie in a theater, since the Covid pandemic started. How was it masked for 2 hours? Did you have the ability to distance? Just taking your chances does sound like your style.

I'm loving it myself. When you buy a ticket on line, you can buy up to 5 tickets but they all have to be seated next to you. Your purchase blocks out five seats (you in the middle and two on either side of you--if you go by yourself). I went by myself so I had me and 2 seats on either side of me. The week before I saw Fatale with a companion and they were one seat over from me.

I take my mask off while eating and put it on when I'm done eating. The theater I go to has reclining chairs and cup holders. Superior experience.

Between weather (hot and cold), mosquitos, long walks on uneven gravel in the dark from concession stand, I doubt it.

I never quite understood what the deal was with drive-in theaters and their inability to have concrete in their parking area. Why were the parking areas always reminiscent of the 191st field artillery proving ground? The concept, I think, is fantastic. You can tune your car's sound system to the movie, control your own temperature. The theater sets up an App for a smart phone....you can place your order from your car. A small sign in front of your car tells you what row/spot you have in their PAINTED CONCRETE PARKING LOT a car hop brings you your food. I can see it working. Maybe have a playground for the kids like they used to in front of the screen if they don't care about the movie. Every drive-in movie I've ever been to has been abysmal in terms of the experience itself. You'd think there would be enough abandoned Wal Marts along the Countryside to make it feasible to convert some of them into a drive in.

I never quite understood what the deal was with drive-in theaters and their inability to have concrete in their parking area. Why were the parking areas always reminiscent of the 191st field artillery proving ground? The concept, I think, is fantastic. You can tune your car's sound system to the movie, control your own temperature. The theater sets up an App for a smart phone....you can place your order from your car. A small sign in front of your car tells you what row/spot you have in their PAINTED CONCRETE PARKING LOT a car hop brings you your food. I can see it working. Maybe have a playground for the kids like they used to in front of the screen if they don't care about the movie. Every drive-in movie I've ever been to has been abysmal in terms of the experience itself. You'd think there would be enough abandoned Wal Marts along the Countryside to make it feasible to convert some of them into a drive in.
I think the last drive in I went to was to see JAWS back in 74. Probably would not idle a vehicle for an hour and a half or more for the experience now, but would not fight the heat, humidity and mosquitos for the experience now either.

I think the last drive in I went to was to see JAWS back in 74. Probably would not idle a vehicle for an hour and a half or more for the experience now, but would not fight the heat, humidity and mosquitos for the experience now either.
The big obstacle is that people would bring in their own food...no $3 candy bars. Thus lesser revenue for the theater.

I'd have no problem running my car for a couple of hours, controlling the volume, etc... I think I would rather spend a summer night at a drive in instead of a cineplex myself.

Tom Hanks is a dooche bag.

^ square

Forum List

Back