News! Now Capital Police can call up the National Guard!?

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
Brandon signs new law allowing the Capital Police to call in the National Guard!! It is now getting reported, but I didnā€™t previously know it had even been contemplated in Congress.

Instinctively, Iā€™m against this. But what do you all think? My first thought was about the ā€œposse commitatisā€ act.

Last edited:
The law, called the Capitol Police Emergency Assistance Act of 2021, passed both the Senate and the House by unanimous consent, meaning no lawmakers objected to its passage. So, it was passed by Congress rather than an executive order. It says the Capitol Police Chief can request help but not order it, whereas the President can make it an order. My take is that the CP Chief (democrat?) would've requested help for the Jan 6th peaceful protest, but would he/she have done the same if it was BLM or Antifa?

The law, called the Capitol Police Emergency Assistance Act of 2021, passed both the Senate and the House by unanimous consent, meaning no lawmakers objected to its passage. So, it was passed by Congress rather than an executive order. It says the Capitol Police Chief can request help but not order it, whereas the President can make it an order. My take is that the CP Chief (democrat?) would've requested help for the Jan 6th peaceful protest, but would he/she have done the same if it was BLM or Antifa?
Yeah. I hadnā€™t seen that the House or the Senate was even contemplating this crap. And the cowardice of doing it by unanimous consent reflects shame on both Parties. (I never thought it had been an executive order.)

But I still wonder if it is in violation of a contrary law.

Forum List

Back